๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ received 12 points from ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น. Why?

greeneyedsoul

Yesterday the Eurovision Song Contest was held in Malmรถ, Sweden with Switzerland winning the whole thing.ย 

ย 

I*rael was allowed to participate and had the second highest score in the televote but ultimately finished in 5th place. To everyone's surprise, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and Italy all gave 12 points to the non-state.ย 

ย 

All these countries have the highest count of televoters year per year and it's hard to rig the televote when a lot of people are voting organically. So why did the GP in these 5 countries vote for them?ย 

ย 

Non-participating and non-European states were also allowed to vote. The Rest of World vote was also won by Israel.ย 

ย 

Source:ย https://eurovision.tv/event/malmo-2024/grand-final/results/israel

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Mean Trees

• Pendulum

• nasa

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys keep caring about this competition when it's all about politics? Israel getting support from these countries, Ukraine being constantly supported by the public etc., it's so boring.

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Down 1

They were paid by votebots. Imo the italian vote leaking was intentional just to show that they did that caused we all know that Israel wasn't THAT good to get almost half of the votes and in many countries they showed commercials on Youtube to vote for them. So for me they were out and Greece got in the top 10 again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

They were paid by votebots. Imo the italian vote leaking was intentional just to show that they did that caused we all know that Israel wasn't THAT good to get almost half of the votes and in many countries they showed commercials on Youtube to vote for them. So for me they were out and Greece got in the top 10 again

They were doing propaganda and payola in Eastern Europe too, but they flopped there

• Like 2

Are those all the countries that gave 12 points? I don't understand the votes or why they were even allowed to compete.

Sisterhood in terrorism :heart:

• Like 1

I for example did not see any of the things that went on behind the scenes. I also didn't know any of the songs before the final. So, I watched it unbiased and for it was only about the music and the Israel song was one of the best.ย 

ย 

I gave it 5 or 6 points.ย 

• Thanks 1

To put it bluntly: people with power lack the capability to see oppression when it's obvious, or choose to ignore it cause it's easier for themย :michael:

ย 

I know these countries all have different histories and differences within themselves, but it's almost impossible to ignore the fact the biggest former colonizers, which still hold the most power in the world, are the ones handing out points to Israel (including my own country, The Netherlandsย :rip:). That must still have cultural influence some way

Croatia ๐Ÿค Ukraine

only ones giving israhell 2*0 points

ย 

and that's on that

• Like 1

Guess which countries created the State of Israel?

ย 

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They were doing propaganda and payola in Eastern Europe too, but they flopped there

ย 

Israel got zero points from both jury and televote by the real Eurovision winner Croatiaย  :clap3:

ย 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pavi said:

To put it bluntly: people with power lack the capability to see oppression when it's obvious, or choose to ignore it cause it's easier for themย :michael:

ย 

I know these countries all have different histories and differences within themselves, but it's almost impossible to ignore the fact the biggest former colonizers, which still hold the most power in the world, are the ones handing out points to Israel (including my own country, The Netherlandsย :rip:). That must still have cultural influence some way

Also, we as Western Europe are just major American/Israeli bootlickers, I didn't want to see it before last year but it's so obviousย 

ย 

A lot of people (silent majority I guess) sympathise with Israel, also because of political and media propagandaย 

• Like 4

I can assure you the 12 from Spain is very very very weird to say the least. Considering the stance most people and our goveenment have on this whole massacre. It's so suspicious and odd for me

Well, let us not forget an Israeli company is the biggest Eurovision sponsor...

• Like 3

You know exactly why.ย 

Posted (edited)

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

People: let's boycott Eurovision, DONT watch it

Also the same people: why there are still people voting for Israel

ย 

Logicย :cm:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by aadrl1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure about the other countries, but in Spain the far right is supporting Israel just because they hate muslim folks

Edited by getBusy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Squall said:

Ukraine being constantly supported by the public

Except Ukraine was constantly supported by the public even before the full scale invasionย :heart:ย Eurovision royalty, honeyย 

3 minutes ago, nasa said:

Except Ukraine was constantly supported by the public even before the full scale invasionย :heart:ย Eurovision royalty, honeyย 

Yeah because they didn't win because of the invasion, right?

• Thumbs Down 2

You forgot The Netherlands and Belgium in the OP as well.

It's not like it's serious government officials casting the votes in Eurovision. :rip:ย (As far as I know) like your presidents and prime ministers aren't the ones slyly throwing support for Israel. Anyway i watched the show today and obviously it's messy they're there, but perhaps it's the kind of thing they will help bring peace and spread love? Idk, it's just such a joyous show and always has been.

ย 

But ultimately yeah if you're bombing the **** out of tens of thousands of civilians for months then... You should probably get the boot for not following the peace memo.

ย 

Israel's performance was boring anyway.ย 

ย 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Squall said:

Yeah because they didn't win because of the invasion, right?

Stop switching goals. You said Eurovision is political because Ukraine is constantly supported by the public. Ukraine was ALWAYSย supported by the public in Eurovision. Check the stats and stop talking nonsense.

Edited by nasa
  • Like 8

43 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Well, let us not forget an Israeli company is the biggest Eurovision sponsor...

I totally forgot about this... it all makes sense nowย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.