Avril pays dust to "Hot" & "Wish You Were Here" on 20 track greatest hits album.

naval23

Imagine not including "Hot" and "Wish You Were Here" in your 20 track greatest hits album but including "He Wasn't" and "I'm a Mess" :rip:

Let's appreciate these bops that Miss Lavigne said no to

• Like 7

hot is one of her best (both tracks and music videos)

• Like 7

Wish You Were Here is a miss, take of Smile I say.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 songs from her 2022 album? Very weird... Maybe she will put other old songs in some deluxe version? :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

Wish You Were Here is a miss

This opinion is a miss. Wish You Were Here is a classic in Asia

• Like 14

Wish You Were Here is not included because Greatest Hits is primarily a rock compilation album. If you haven't noticed, she prioritised the rock albums for Greatest Hits and she specifically picked the most "rock" songs from her pop eras as well.

Number of songs from each era:
LG - 4
UMS - 4
TBDT - 3
GL - 2
AL - 2
HAW - 1
LS - 4

Including Love Sux singles in this is obviously a tactic to try and increase those streams, even if they aren't hits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Melancholy said:

This opinion is a miss. Wish You Were Here is a classic in Asia

That's what I mean, it not being included is a miss - the track is a classic :clap3:

• Like 1

she saved these classics for the 2nd greatest hits album in 2050 :clap: 

• Haha 6

Hot deserves better :emofish:

• Like 2

Wish You Were Here is literally her last big hit. What is she thinking?? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No Hello Kitty? Electric chair

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

He Wasn't wasn't even a hit :rip:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

What the hell.mp3??? :rip: Hot is a CLASSIC

I'm a Me(li)ss(a) indeed

• Like 1

Came in to say they weren't even big but can't believe they got left out over He Wasn't 

But including her recent songs makes sense since it's a way to promote them to fans of her earlier music. Plus no artist wants to make it seem like they haven't gotten hits off their latest album

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Miss Lasagna i would like to have a word with you.

If you aren't going to perform Hot on tour, are you going to perform what should have been the 2nd single off Love Sux Deja Vu then? One of those needs to be on there.

Sure Love It When You Hate Me makes me imagine that my exes jerk off to my hate songs about them on my album. But is it really deserving over Hot? IS IT? 

Edited by selena_lavigne

28 minutes ago, uusagii said:

It may not have charted that well but it was pretty popular back then. It's kind of hard to know because that was before streaming

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

It may not have charted that well but it was pretty popular back then. It's kind of hard to know because that was before streaming

popular on what? your walkman?

• Haha 13

To be fair most of the songs on the album weren't hits per se (at least not in the US) so I guess it just came down to culling the flops she didn't care about and keeping the ones she liked better. Sad because those are 2 of her most underrated singles.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, uusagii said:

He Wasn't. You will always be famous among this fanbase. Haters fume. :falcon:
There is nothing like knowing the lyrics to that song and singing it while watching The Queen of Pop/Punk on tour.

Edited by selena_lavigne

What?! Those two songs were among the best post-Under My Skin.

M̶e̶l̶i̶s̶s̶a̶ April Ramona, when I catch you.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Wish you were here was a hit here in Southeast Asia. If she tours here she must perform that song :khalyan:

Edit: it's at 499M on YouTube. Kinda shocked :jonnycat:

Edited by reymiu
  • Like 2

Someone suggested that because Wish You Were Here is jointly labeled as RCA+Epic, they had legal rights and profit percentage disagreements with it.

But as for Hot, it's sad and clear that she doesn't like this song that much... could've replaced He Wasn't that wasn't even a single in some countries (including the US).

2 minutes ago, naval23 said:

popular on what? your walkman?

Actually where I lived. I heard it all the time where I worked. Like I said, it may not have charted that well but that's not to say that people don't know it. The fact that a track that wasn't released in the US got some play isn't nothing. She also performed it a lot on TBDT tour too which helped. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't well known. 

• Like 3

Hot kinda flopped though? It's one of her best still. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.