Rolling Stone: Albums are getting shorter (finally)! Thank you @DUALIPA @billieeilish

Diesel is Desire

Nobody cares about those long-ass pop albums (unless it's Taylor's), so just release a concise record please.

You can literally feel the desperation of writing about something, absolutely anything, to get as many clicks as they can

I love a good long album, and artists should have the freedom to expando on the narrative of a record for sure.

But to be honest, an album like Cowboy Carter doesn't really need to be so long as it feels really bloated and unnecessary. It should easily be a 15-16 song TOPS type of record. The way it is 27 songs, it just gets completely lost half way through and becomes a slog...

Im not going to discuss that wannabe-poet album with its 31 tracks cos I havent listened to it though, but I can imagine how painful it is to get through it

long albums are not suited for pop music and thats it

7 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

I love a good long album, and artists should have the freedom to expando on the narrative of a record for sure.

But to be honest, an album like Cowboy Carter doesn't really need to be so long as it feels really bloated and unnecessary. It should easily be a 15-16 song TOPS type of record. The way it is 27 songs, it just gets completely lost half way through and becomes a slog...

Im not going to discuss that wannabe-poet album with its 31 tracks cos I havent listened to it though, but I can imagine how painful it is to get through it

Cowboy Carter has six interludes that are not even 1 minute long. And two songs that are 1:12 and 1:40... So that really makes it 19 full songs max

37 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

Cowboy Carter has six interludes that are not even 1 minute long. And two songs that are 1:12 and 1:40... So that really makes it 19 full songs max

It is still a ******* chore to listen to though... a few of those 'full length' songs could have easily been chopped!

awful article, they didn't even bring up BB/ANG3L :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.