#BlockOut2024 - Block Kim K, Gaga & Beyonce + more celebs #FreePalestine

Cesar

7 hours ago, vale9001 said:

What gives more celeb obsessed than going to see if a celeb said something about a political issue but not if your barber did It too :rip:

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Even the voice of your barber influence people. He has followers, he has clients, he talks with real people. 

What did your barber do to you? :skull:

• Haha 3

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MattieB

• Chris

• Fleahive

• Rep2000

I don't think this is gonna do anything but I also don't know why some of y'all are complaining about it like damn….

• Like 1

No offense but celebs aren't the issue here - the governments are. Celebs speaking out would be nice and all but they cannot call for a cease fire nor can they force the governments to act. Take this frustration and use it where it can do some good. For those of you who live in the USA, the capital call app makes it very easy to get in touch with your local and state politicians with other links to get in touch with higher ups in other fields. 

• Thanks 1

Some of these people are entertaining to me, i won't be blocking them :sorry:

4 hours ago, americanlife said:

This started yesterday on TikTok and this movement blew up SO fast! I blocked a ton of celebs and their brands on Instagram and TikTok. I don't know if it'll do anything but it's worth trying. We don't need to give these celebs or their brands attention.

IMG_7925.thumb.gif.58d482d8ee74911ae8fd9

• Haha 1

This is just performative activism. We're doing what we did with BLM: focusing all our energy into celebrity shaming instead of actively pressuring our politicians. I saw people trying to cancel Gigi Hadid for not speaking up and questioning her ethnicity, wilfully forgetting that her family was doxxed and publicly threatened on official Israel government pages. What good is that doing for Palestine? Imo, the college protests are a great example something I think is way more effective. It's caused a lot of coverage and has visible caught the attention of the Biden administration. And Biden knows this is the demographic of voters he needs to win the next election. What is this TikTok movement going to do? For someone like Beyoncé or Taylor, I doubt this effects them much, but in the off chance that it led to one of them speaking out… then what? The US government will finally do something effective because Beyoncé or Taylor finally spoke out? We have to be realistic about what the actual results would look like.

I think this energy should be towards our politicians. We need to apply more pressure on politicians and vote for pro-Palestine parties. We in the EU actually have the chance to do it during the elections next month. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

The only #Blackout2024 I'll join is to make Blackout number one in Billboard 100. :giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

We should all block Madonna and her zionist friend Amy Schumer

• Like 2

I swear I don't get these expectations from celebs. Why are they required to speak out for something political that they cannot change? Why do you feel like it'll change the situation? To think that the Israel government will change the course of their actions just because Kim K and Beyonce say so, is so dumb! 

also these people complaining they're wearing expensive stuff while people die in Palestine like one has to do anything with the other… I swear people are getting worse and worse. No one is obligated to say anything about politics! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

I'm really confused by how angry some of you are about this. If you think it's ineffective that's fine, but I thought we wanted people to take action? 

Like is it really that deep that you need to call these tiktok teens "dumb", "performative", "f*ck them", etc.? What harm are they causing? Y'all act like they killed your grandma. 

Also this lowkey smells of ageism. Teenagers decided to do something on their own initiative and help in their own way and all you have to say is insults? Mind you that these people are on our side. That's not to say there aren't better or more effective way of protesting but your knee-jerk "teenagers bad stupid" reaction is also not the tea you think it is.

Edited by John Slayne
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Trent W said:

The pressure should be on the government

40-50k people Blocking Beyonce and Kim won't even affect them

The people blocking them don't even consume them

There is also a huge difference between a local social issues and an intentional conflict and a war

Beyonce could influence the American society but she can't do **** about Israel tbh

I agree with some of the things you say but by that same logic I could say that you and everyone else in this thread who is mad should be writing to politicians and pressuring them instead of talking sh*t about kids on tiktok.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cesar said:

How is it a stretch? Have you not looked into the correlation on Cop City & Israel / IDF?

https://prismreports.org/2023/11/14/stop-cop-city-gilee-palestinian-genocide/

Angela Davis - Black Panthers Party

https://hammerandhope.org/article/angela-davis-palestinians-gaza

Nelson Mandela - 1994

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/nelson-mandelas-support-for-palestinians-endures-with-south-africas-genocide-case-against-israel

These are some just to name a few.

Girl they "intersect" with political issues in a majority of the world's countries. Framing it as "interesting" that she hasnt spoken out about Palestine as if that would be something she would do based on her previous black and feminist activism is weird to me

I'm personally over social media dumbing down serious issues and creating these ridiculous trends that make people feel like they're doing some sort of activism when it's nothing of the sort. It's all just one big circle jerk of who can prove they care the most without actually doing any work (or anything actually since social media isn't real). Egotism on full display.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Slayne said:

I agree with some of the things you say but by that same logic I could say that you and everyone else in this thread who is mad should be writing to politicians and pressuring them instead of talking sh*t about kids on tiktok.

Well the only difference is that Im not going around pretending to be morally superior because of these performative actions.

And you and I both now that the people in that trend do it more because they just hate celebrities just because they are not one, that same people would be as shitty as Kim or even worse if they were at her place.

A video just came up in my feed and most of the comments are just people who hate anyone famous, no mention about palestine.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, John Slayne said:

I'm really confused by how angry some of you are about this. If you think it's ineffective that's fine, but I thought we wanted people to take action? 

Like is it really that deep that you need to call these tiktok teens "dumb", "performative", "f*ck them", etc.? What harm are they causing? Y'all act like they killed your grandma. 

Also this lowkey smells of ageism. Teenagers decided to do something on their own initiative and help in their own way and all you have to say is insults? Mind you that these people are on our side. That's not to say there aren't better or more effective way of protesting but your knee-jerk "teenagers bad stupid" reaction is also not the tea you think it is.

It is kinda performative, there is other wars going on and nothing is said. I want people to speak, but forcing them, nah. The thing about celebs speaking out is, it's never enough. They will want you to speak about everything. 

Lizzie posted that she donated and posted links to gofundme for anyone that wanted to donate to them too, but they are still annoyed because she didn't  donate all her money. :rip:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

The same people in here crying about "free Palestine" would be killed if they were over there. What makes you think that they care about your Gay a***s?

This is one of the most vapid, unintelligent takes I have read in this thread. First off, why does everyone fantasize about killing gays as some sort of "gotcha"? It ain't, it actually just proves how much more humane others are than you. Secondly, if we expect Palestinians to make cultural and societal changes where anyone can live the life they so choose, they must be given the right to exist and live overall and they've been fighting for that right for decades. 

Celebrities and performative activism aside, anyone who feels like this commenter (and is also gay) has some serious self-hatred and bigotry to unlearn. Pathetic as hell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Let me participate :3.

14 hours ago, LegaMyth said:

The same people in here crying about "free Palestine" would be killed if they were over there. What makes you think that they care about your Gay a***s?

Sis, yes, we would be dead if we were over there. Israel has flattened the entire country of Palestine with WMD. Not to mention the numerous Israeli raiders who are marching toward Palestinian and Ethiopian men, women and children, carrying torches, raiding graves and beating civilians during the wee hours of the night. I love how you weaponized LGBT+ identity to quell social unrest caused by an unethical, brutal, and ongoing genocide of a peoples. Please tell us, why Palestinian LGBT+ peoples should be ignored because of their country. So, the LGBT+ community should be on the side of Israel because Israel loves the gays. The same gays that have had their freedom and rights stripped away from them thanks to Ben. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, i spit on haters said:

....Many do. I don't know why some of you keep saying this when protesters have showed up and protested outside of politicians homes and protested by withholding their votes. Biden may very well lose reelection largely due to his unwavering support of a genocidal state. You and others will say 'Why are they not protesting politicians' but when we do, you tell us to shut up and vote. :rip: 

Ok good for those people and what did they accomplish? Exactly, absolutely nothing… children still getting massacred every hour. Us and these entertainers don't make any change, the true evil are the leaders and they do as they please… im not sure what is the right thing to do, but complaining about artists doing what they get paid to do won't do any good for the people suffering lmao. Did you put your job on hold because people are dying in Palestine? Exactly you didn't, so why should they? 

8 hours ago, Velvet Night said:

I saw people trying to cancel Gigi Hadid for not speaking up and questioning her ethnicity, wilfully forgetting that her family was doxxed and publicly threatened on official Israel government pages. What good is that doing for Palestine?

this is the craziest thing i've seen on social media so far, do these people not realize how insane it is telling a palestinian woman "you're not doing enough" when her people are f*cking dying en masse. like what is wrong with these people geniunely

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrPiggyMoka said:

Ok good for those people and what did they accomplish? Exactly, absolutely nothing… children still getting massacred every hour. Us and these entertainers don't make any change, the true evil are the leaders and they do as they please… im not sure what is the right thing to do, but complaining about artists doing what they get paid to do won't do any good for the people suffering lmao. Did you put your job on hold because people are dying in Palestine? Exactly you didn't, so why should they? 

I read this twice and still not quite sure what to make of it. And are you really comparing my job to that of a celebrity who has an endless cash flow of millions, some even billions ? :deadbanana4:

"Ok good for those people and what did they accomplish? Exactly, absolutely nothing" - Inaccurate. And some of the college students protests had some of their demands met, so in that regard, the protests worked. It's quite clear many of you just don't want your favorite pop star criticized, no matter how diminutive said criticism is.    

• Like 3

Nonsensical

Posted (edited)

I'm actually blocking or muting all #freepalestine accounts because they're getting obnoxious.

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, Trent W said:

The pressure should be on the government

40-50k people Blocking Beyonce and Kim won't even affect them

The people blocking them don't even consume them

There is also a huge difference between a local social issues and an intentional conflict and a war

Beyonce could influence the American society but she can't do **** about Israel tbh

We need all types of pressure, political, economic, and social.

• Like 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.