Is this the most underrated Britney's ballad ever?

leyaris11

All of her ballads are incredible. Britney's not a powerful vocalist though she shines when she shows her vulnerabilites. Everytime, Don't Hang Up, Out From Under, Unusual You, He About To Lose Me, Born To Make You Happy, Someday, Invitation and so many more.

Yes ! 

The final key change and I'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe, I'm just tryna find the woman in me is heaven :jonnycat:

• Like 1

If I ever see Derrick Barry in person, I'll tell him that I know this is his favorite Britney song to lipsync to bc that first line hits him really hard.

Posted (edited)

Assuming you mean commercially, no lol. It was released as a single, she performed it everywhere and I think it's on the Crossroads soundtrack. It was a good mid-sized hit in most places. The only ballad of hers that would be more known/successful is Everytime.

Her most underrated ballad single is probably 'From The Bottom of My Broken Heart'. Unlike her other ballads, this flopped everywhere it was released.

Quality-wise, the ballad of hers I never rarely hear any of the fans even mention, let alone praise, is 'Shadow'. That's my favorite ballad of hers. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bends said:

Love this song. Dido-penned masterpiece.

genuinely surprised its not a diane warren joint

1 hour ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

Her most underrated ballad single is probably 'From The Bottom of My Broken Heart'. Unlike her other ballads, this flopped everywhere it was released.

FTBOMBH was released in like 4 countries, peaking in the top 40 for them all. #14 in the US, 7th best selling single for the year 2000 there.

Not too bad. Forgotten today but definitely did better than Perfume, for example.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

FTBOMBH was released in like 4 countries, peaking in the top 40 for them all. #14 in the US, 7th best selling single for the year 2000 there.

Not too bad. Forgotten today but definitely did better than Perfume, for example.

yea only in the states, especially chart-wise lol. Perfume was gonna be my alternative choice for her most underrated ballad single. One of the few decent songs from BJ.

5 minutes ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

yea only in the states, especially chart-wise lol. Perfume was gonna be my alternative choice for her most underrated ballad single. One of the few decent songs from BJ.

FTBOMBH vs. Perfume

US: #14 / #76

AUS: #37 / #61

CAN: #25 / #70

NZ: #23 / N/A

Actually, now seeing this, FTBOMBH outpeaked INAGNYAW in all these countries except Australia.

When Your Eyes Say It is.

I hated this song when it came out and thought it was not her sort of lyrical content but I love it now and I think her voice is incredible on it. I think nobody wanted to see her as a singer so they didn't take it seriously. 

That would be "Where Are You Now".

I'd say "one of her" most underrated, not the most.

I really didnt care for it back in the day, but now I really appreciate the song for its message and her vocal delivery. The video is absolutely stunning too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.