Report: Taylor debuts huge touring demand in France, "could've filled 10+ more shows"

Feanor

7c14200bce00fcce154edc993a47a1b7cda1a1e9.jpg

"We could have filled 12 or 14 La Défense Arena without any problem, we could have had two or three additional stadiums in Lyon," explains, Thursday May 9, on France Inter Arnaud Meersseman, general director of AEG Presents and French tour manager for Taylor Swift, who is starting her European tour. She will perform four concerts at La Défense Arena, near Paris, in front of 42,000 spectators each evening, then "The Eras Tour" will return to Groupama Stadium in Lyon on June 2 and 3.

She reportedly had to make adjustments to her France schedule because of the 2024 Olympics:

The superstar started his "Eras Tour" a little early and starting in Paris, due to the Olympic Games. Taylor Swift was unable to perform at the Stade de France due to preparation work, and had to bring forward her arrival in Paris because "the organizing committee arrives very early to build the Olympic swimming pool, around May 15"explains the turner. "She postponed the start of her tour to be able to join Paris and do La Défense Arena", he said.

Source

For reference, Stade de France usually holds 75-80k people for concerts, so doing 2 La Défense Arena shows is like playing one massive show at the French national stadium.

michael-jackson-reading.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• Headlock

• exfactor003

• Erreur2 La Nature

on top of being slightly cheaper for some north americans to book flights and tickets to the european dates. it's also especially attractive for the american swifties who wants to see her again or the ones who couldn't see her because there was not enough supply in america.

so yeah not surprising at all. it's a whole ass economy in itself. it's not just france, so many european dates could've had so much more dates added. although france is the most attractive because it's in the middle of europe, so many want to make a european trip out of it, it's the most ideal spot to start.

I've seen so many tik toks of american/canadian swifties doin tips/advice videos on how to attend the eras tour in europe and they have millions of views :dies:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

a queen :clap3:

add those shows....

:ryan3:

28 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

This. 

Swifties are easy to say she's huge in Europe but the people attending are 90% americans and asian because that's where only she's huge at. I've literally seen 50k american tiktok accounts saying they're book the Eras tour in Paris. For all we know, only 5k French people want to see the tour. She's not the talk of the town there.

Hide contents

Well, at least that what's make me sleep at night. 

:suburban:

The excuses are getting funnier with each day…

• Like 7

The conspiracy theories already because Taylor Swift having demand in France was not on their 2024 Bingo Card.

:ryan3:

• Haha 4

But isn't that near the Louvre?????!

But the THOTS said she was TayLocal :eek:

Posted (edited)

Just being observant, but what's the percentage of people of color going to these shows?

I always only see vanilla. It stands out so much :rip:

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 16

2 hours ago, dussel_06 said:

This. 

Swifties are easy to say she's huge in Europe but the people attending are 90% americans and asian because that's where only she's huge at. I've literally seen 50k american tiktok accounts saying they're book the Eras tour in Paris. For all we know, only 5k French people want to see the tour. She's not the talk of the town there.

Hide contents

Well, at least that what's make me sleep at night. 

fdsghjfkg;; the mental gymnastics :redface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tay should book 10 more shows and make HERstory! :gaycat1:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Eóghan said:

on top of being slightly cheaper for some north americans to book flights and tickets to the european dates. it's also especially attractive for the american swifties who wants to see her again or the ones who couldn't see her because there was not enough supply in america.

so yeah not surprising at all. it's a whole ass economy in itself. it's not just france, so many european dates could've had so much more dates added. although france is the most attractive because it's in the middle of europe, so many want to make a european trip out of it, it's the most ideal spot to start.

I've seen so many tik toks of american/canadian swifties doin tips/advice videos on how to attend the eras tour in europe and they have millions of views :dies:

600k people tried buying tickets for Paris.

If even 12% of those were French, she'd fill Stade De France once, with Frenchmen only.

More likely, though, is that not a single French person wanted a ticket. If you've ever been within a 200 km vicinity of the Louvre, you automatically forget Taylor Swift exists.

Edited by Arrows
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Just being observant, but what's the percentage of people of color going to these shows?

well her prime audience are those who see themselves in the artists does sza have a majority of white audience. Just stupid..

• Thanks 1

Yeah I'm never seeing her live again until I'm like 60 at best 💀 glad I got to see her for reputation. Even if I'm rich I just despise the idea of paying scalpers and letting them profit even if others are fine with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

What is the significance of focusing on the racial demographics at a Taylor Swift concert?

Have you looked into the audience diversity at concerts by other artists during their European tours and criticized them for lacking diversity?

This picture below showcases the audience at the Renaissance Tour in France, predominantly made up of white people, aligning with the country's main demographic. Just as it would be unrealistic to only expect black people to attend a Beyoncé concert in Europe, similar expectations should not be placed on Taylor Swift.

ZiCDtR9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

Her worldwide demand is making ATRL truly lose it. :redface: 

• Like 1

Took her a while but congrats :clap3:

Then why scalpter tickets are dropping in price?

https://nypost.com/2024/05/09/entertainment/get-taylor-swift-paris-tickets-while-prices-are-dropping/

When we last reported on ticket prices a mere 72 hours ago, they started at $246 before fees on Vivid Seats for the La Defense Arena 'Eras Tour' shows.

Now, last-minute seats can be scooped up for as low as $205 before fees.

Compared to how much tickets cost to see Tay Tay live in the U.S. last year, prices won't get much better than this.

36 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

They also dropped in NashvilleLos Angeles, Tampa and literally every other date of the tour so far. You can find an article like that all of them, and even for Beyoncé as well… and all of these articles are from the New York Post.

Prices of last minute scalper tickets don't mean anything regarding the touring demand of artists. Both Live Nation and AEG have emphasized how much demand there is for more shows, and I think their word holds more weight than a local tabloid paper.

• Like 2

Make that money Ms. Swift.

:jonny5:

The DEMAND.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

The NY Post republishes this *exact* same article about all of Taylor's tour dates on the week they take place because it's effective clickbait. They've done this for every Eras show since the tour began – here's an archive of those articles.

Resale prices taking a slight dip right before a show takes place is completely standard and happens for every single event by every artist. The NY Post also republishes similar articles about other big acts whenever they have shows coming up.

Edited by Carry My Heart
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

:bibliahh:

Do you really believe that when scalpers are unable to find a buyer for the exorbitant prices they are asking for these tickets, they simply accept the loss and don't lower their prices until someone finally snatches them?  

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.