Why aren't our faves showing support for Palestine?

Timber

The fact that people are spending their time making little lists of what celeb has spoken up for Palestine and who has not, is very internet-brained. :rip: It is yet another way to ridiculously worship celebrities, and a way to justify hatred for others you already don't care for. Just more of the same, but now we have added a very real, terrible situation to the equation. Like, that tiktok loser cheering as he blocked Kardashians like it helped anything drove this home very clearly. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Kayseri Mantisi

• playwithme

• BionicWooHoo

Look at Dua Lipa, her album plummeted and her songs bombed. Her supports for Palestine was admirable must be appreciated tho. 

• Thanks 1

Because Zionists control Hollywood so they'd get cancelled from within.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

My fave only supports Barack... and stayed away from politics after his run was over. 

Add Melanie Martinez to the ones that speak out please :whistle:

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 9:23 PM, l3disko said:

Because Zionists control Hollywood so they'd get cancelled from within.

Victoria Monét spoke out in support of the Palestinian people in 2023 and she won three Grammys.

In fact she appears to have been a supporter for quite some time.

The head of the Grammys is a Zionist, but that didn't seem to affect the voting.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 3:30 AM, prettyinpink940 said:

My fave does not support terrorists. 

Oh you mean the terrorist state also known as Israel? Good to know 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 6:13 AM, stevyy said:

My fave only supports Barack... and stayed away from politics after his run was over. 

????

GB2zwgHWAAA2aNi.jpg 

EBP50__XYAYsGd6.jpg:large

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Most of our favs are not progressive at all. They're multimillionaires who support social causes  - sometimes authentically, sometimes for a career boost. If they were "forced" to speak up on this issue, they would support Israel, make no doubt about it.

Hell, if we were still in the 80s (when the GOP was still fairly connected to the entertainment industry), I can guarantee you some of our current pop girls would endorse a Republican president.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thanks 3

On 5/9/2024 at 4:03 AM, Tusk said:

They do not have to do anything but their job. 

Focus on people that it is their actual job to change laws and policies. 

Yea like i wouldn't dare to speak of this at work, or politics in general. So why should singers do it at their jobs?

On 5/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, Kayseri Mantisi said:

what is this comparison?

does your doctor & hairdresser have the millions/billions of reach and engagement like these celebrities do? they don't even have a platform to educate people about things or spread facts so of course they don't need to talk about anything lmao.

no one is forcing celebrities to talk about Palestine, but so many people are unaware of what's going around the world in their daily life, and when celebrities speak up about it, these people become aware of what's happening. not when your hairdresser speaks about it.

Oh kill 'em (with kindness and knock some sense into their head) :clap3:

-

I hate how business-minded my faves Taylor and Gaga had become. They are so safe and spineless now :dies:

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2024 at 12:02 PM, ichabe said:

Look at Dua Lipa, her album plummeted and her songs bombed. Her supports for Palestine was admirable must be appreciated tho. 

And her efforts were not unseen. That's why I thank her everyday with a daily stream of Illusion and Training Season :clap3:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Oh kill 'em (with kindness and knock some sense into their head) :clap3:

-

I hate how business-minded my faves Taylor and Gaga had become. They are so safe and spineless now :dies:

My favorite little monster bestie for a reason :heart:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.