K-Pop girl group rips off other artists: Is this plagiarism?

Edgy

Posted (edited)

A K-pop girl group has come under scrutiny for allegedly ripping off other artists' work, raising questions about artistic integrity and plagiarism in the industry.

The group in question, Le Sserafim, has been accused of plagiarizing music. One of the most prominent accusations against Le Sserafim revolves around copying the work of Spanish singer-songwriter Rosalía and Swedish rapper COBRAH.

Drawing inspiration from other artists is a natural part of the creative process, but this seems more like blatant plagiarism.

Le Sserafim denies the suspicion that they plagiarized Rosalía; however, there have not been any comments from any of the parties involved regarding the Swedish rapper COBRAH.

Please listen to the comparisons below and share your opinions.

The Hyrdra VS DEBUT

I'm A Mess VS DIP N DRIP

ANTIFRAGILE VS CHICKEN TERIYAKI

Edited by Edgy
title

Yes they have no originality or talent they often get dragged for it, every track on their latest album sounds like a shameless ripoff of a recent hit song (Kill Bill, Water, bad idea right..)

Surprised you did not include Smart & Water :cm:

ANTIFRAGILE was written by Isabella Lovestory who's famous for this kinda reggaeton sound though

They are a very versatile girl group with a wide range of influences. Rosalia and COBRAH should feel very grateful that one of the top K-POP girl groups right now look up to them musically. :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes they're also cultists :celestial5:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Electric chairs 

Posted (edited)

They been getting wacked for everything lately.... no originality... plagiarism... no talent...cultism.. well

Edited by Mattheo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Poor girls :rip: I haven't been keeping up with kpop, but when I was, people were generally fans of Le Sserafim. Now everyone is against them

I'm going to need La Sserafim to rip off this Cobrah x cupcakKe bop, next! :clap:

@GraceRandolph

1 hour ago, CrisPop said:

They are a very versatile girl group with a wide range of influences. Rosalia and COBRAH should feel very grateful that one of the top K-POP girl groups right now look up to them musically. :clap3:

Well, if that were the case, writing credits should be included.

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

Surprised you did not include Smart & Water :cm:

ANTIFRAGILE was written by Isabella Lovestory who's famous for this kinda reggaeton sound though

I did not pick up Smart

They are probably the worst K-pop group out there. No brand identity, lack of talent, just nothing to back out their name.

about time they get called out, they are also the reason why overwatch has had its worse event ever (their collab) :bibliahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

The way Le Sserafim is getting whacked on all angles :deadbanana4:

2 years ago, they were probably the most beloved group after Newjeans. Now they're six feet under, its insanee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.