• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• punisher

• 50thStateofMind

• Automatic

• theweekend

Meg you ARE RUNNING THIS ****

damn her visual and concepts are out of the world :WAP: anime and video game queen :WAP:

She's 3 for 3. Banger after banger!

• Like 1

Love the visuals 

like the use of the sample. Clever with triple entendre 

song is ok. I just wish she'd make a catchier chorus for her songs.

her verses always eat but her choruses nibble.

still excited for her new album, though.

I preferred the previous two singles. :/

Love the visuals tho. :flame:

Posted (edited)

LOVE the video and the song is cool standalone, but I'm starting to get a lil frustrated with her strategy (or lack thereof). 

She is undoubtedly one of if not THEE best femcees out at the moment. But the game of selling records is exactly that...a game. And I need sis to play it. 

Heading into the album release, she needs that one commercial moment to give her that extra push. And I just don't know if this is it. 

Where is the catchy chorus? Where is the replicability? What will stick with a radio-listening audience? Or even a club-going audience?

What's jarring is that she can do it when she wants e.g. Savage. So, it's not that she doesn't understand the task. It's as if she's actively deciding not to go there.

And it's annoying because she has this great aesthetic concept as a cohesive throughline. But it really should have gone:

Cobra (Statement) > Hiss (Table Shaker) > Boa (Commercial Album Launcher)

Now, I think she's gonna either need all the payola to ignite this or another song to launch the album, which feels kinda unnecessary had this slot been used for something catchier. And please, spare me with the "she can do what she wants" quips. Because if the album underperforms, then what? 

Again, it's a business/game and needs to be approached as such. Meg has the potential to really sit on top of the mountain, but strategy and some of the material seems to be clipping her wings a bit.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Thanks 6

This is cute, I love the "you buy birkens i buy stocks" line she's so clever

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

obviously i was referring to that Garb delusionally bringing up Cardi in here when the TikTok line is obviously not about her. clearly like that user, you can't read context clues either.

fact of the matter is, Nicki released a whole ass pop album meant for TikTok. that line is obviously about her. 

but sure keep acting dense like the blocks of powder the woman in your avi like administrating nasally. 

o.t. the video is sooooo good. how does she fund these when she's independent?

see when you have a vision :clap3:

hummm my comment had nothing to do with the claim that this song has Cardi subs (which I obviously don't agree with, it's about Nicki like there's no debate about it) so I don't even know why you're bringing that up as if you're gagging me sdffdsdf

Seems like you are the one who can't follow context clues and didn't understand that I was just answering your point about so and so girls releasing straight up rap singles, as if this song isn't clearly an attempt at getting a hit with the sample (which there is nothing to be ashamed of, it's just a bit ironic that she is bashing the TikTok songs... even more ironic considering her two biggest hits took off because of TikTok) and Cardi's last single is a rehash of a three year-old song that also took off on TikTok. 

"but sure keep acting dense like the blocks of powder the woman in your avi like administrating nasally" as you said so beautifully, hoping the parenthesis will be clear enough for you so you don't misunderstand again what I said. 

Edited by D.Va
  • Thumbs Down 1

Post a picture, ******* call me "Mother," now who's sonning who?

:katie2:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The concept and visuals…. :jonny5:

Song overall is good, nothing crazy. Kinda like HISS better.  But I think it'll do well.  

People talking about Nicki or Cardi shade, Armon Wiggins swear up and down that Megan don't like Doja and that she be shading her.  :rip: 

Cant help but think the "I'm real hip hop" + talking about TikTok could be directed at her.  But they seem cool in real life…so idk.  I bet he gonna make a video claiming it's a shot at Doja.  :skull: 

Anyways, this was good :clap3:

Edited by professor2000

It samples Gwen's What you waiting for???  :jonny5: :eek: 

I love it. But she needs to release her album soon and not pull a Cardi

I wonder if this could go top 10 or at least top 15 like her last collaboration with Glorilla

5 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

"Your time is up, why is you not clocking out, doing ish for tiktok, btch I'm really hiphop"

Girl… do you not realize 90% of your biggest songs are literally all viral tiktok hits. Like your rise to fame was literally because of a tiktok dance in the pandemic ndnsnsn

Lolllll.  Idk why ppl hate on TikTok when literally all the girls have benefitted from it.  It's such a low hanging fruit type bar/insult.  They all need to stop.  :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i'm obsessed :WAP:

especially with how she used the sample :WAP: 

THE STAY ALIVE REFERENCE ARE YOU JOKING RIGHT NOW 

The woman that miss pete is… independent at that

This might be video of the year as of now. Love it. Nice song too 

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

as if this song isn't clearly an attempt at getting a hit with the sample

some people will recognize it but it's not like that Gwen song was a hit in the US, it flopped. it's a cute time/tiktok concept but not really gonna help the song commercially in the same way as I Like It or Anaconda etc.

• Like 1

this was AMAZING :jonny5: the video though.. WOWWWWW :jonny5::jonny5:

Love this

the video is crazy, where did she get that BUDGET

I need the album like now cause every single just outdoes the other 

• Like 1

loved the visuals but the song needs to grow on me 

Posted (edited)

okay, this is my 10th listen, and at first it didn't click AT ALL!! what i can say is; this is one of those song's where the VIDEO ELEVATES the song sooooooooooooooooooooo much. the video is insane, the song is insane. i didn't want a hard hitting rap bar song like "HISS" and "COBRA" ! this song is fun, you can dance to it, and its very catchy. i really like this era and i'm sooo excited to see her perform on the 21st. 

(plus with her going on tour in a few days, this could def achieve viral success; due to the performances) 10/10 - 3/3 - for Megan!

Edited by Garbaj

3 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

LOVE the video and the song is cool standalone, but I'm starting to get a lil frustrated with her strategy (or lack thereof). 

She is undoubtedly one of if not THEE best femcees out at the moment. But the game of selling records is exactly that...a game. And I need sis to play it. 

Heading into the album release, she needs that one commercial moment to give her that extra push. And I just don't know if this is it. 

Where is the catchy chorus? Where is the replicability? What will stick with a radio-listening audience? Or even a club-going audience?

What's jarring is that she can do it when she wants e.g. Savage. So, it's not that she doesn't understand the task. It's as if she's actively deciding not to go there.

And it's annoying because she has this great aesthetic concept as a cohesive throughline. But it really should have gone:

Cobra (Statement) > Hiss (Table Shaker) > Boa (Commercial Album Launcher)

Now, I think she's gonna either need all the payola to ignite this or another song to launch the album, which feels kinda unnecessary had this slot been used for something catchier. And please, spare me with the "she can do what she wants" quips. Because if the album underperforms, then what? 

Again, it's a business/game and needs to be approached as such. Meg has the potential to really sit on top of the mountain, but strategy and some of the material seems to be clipping her wings a bit.

I agree with this 100% but maybe she doesnt want to go a super commercial route? 

She needs a hook for the song. The song is cool and sounds much better when I listened on my headphones but it feels like it goes nowhere. She also needs to use a different producer so she can switch up her style. 

im still going to be streaming thou.

does anyone know what's the most views she's gotten in a day?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.