Megan Thee Stallion - "BOA"

satellites.™

i'm obsessed with this anime / video game aesthetic she took on this era. It suits her so well especially knowing she is in fact a huge anime fan. I never understood how that aesthetic was never explored by any big pop girl tbh

• Like 4

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• punisher

• 50thStateofMind

• Automatic

• Cotton

i love when she's in her anime bag :clap3: the physical copies EAT :heart:

• Like 2

What in the street fighter hell :jonnycat:

This is upsetting me and my homegurl but queen

Time to drop the album serpent lady or snake bites :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Pink Whitney said:

Hope she gives us another Budget:jonny5:

A hit that got away :jonny5: 

I actually like the cover and this retro video game vibe. "Curse of thee serpent woman" is hilarious. :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Katamari said:

A hit that got away :jonny5: 

certified diamond on my iphone :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink Whitney said:

Her tour starts in exactly a week WTF is she gonna perform? 

her Eras

qsaE0IV.jpeg

obsessed with the cover, sooo playstation 2 core. her creative team >>>

• Like 1

Cool artwork. Perched for this.

• Like 1

The artwork is so cool. I just love and adore how she incorporates anime into her brand. With that being said I do wish this was an album so she can tour with new content but honestly to ensure the best rollout possible...a single makes sense. I just hope that the album comes out at least in late May/early June.  Super excited!

• Like 1

She's really not putting an album out before the tour? What!

What is the album gonna be called?? Ereptile dysfunction?

Posted (edited)

Total conjecture, but I think it's probably a late June release for the album and using the BET Awards as the main promotional platform. Much like a bunch of other acts circling that June window (e.g. Normani with her album and possibly even Cardi, who just said on Twitter Spaces that she has a single coming). 

I clocked that Meg's last US date before a brief break ahead of Europe is in Cali (same State as BET) and is just before the show. Could be coincidence, but could also be the week she goes all out with West Coast-based promo for the album. 

She wouldn't be the first artist to launch a tour with no album, but it would be extremely odd to do the entire run without a new body of work. Typically a tour supports an LP.

Maybe just maybe she could be looking to use a Q3/Q4 album release to launch another leg or another tour entirely, but that'd be overkill IMO. Especially when this very tour is being used to build her into an arena act. Something that is in motion but hasn't yet been achieved. 

We'll see. 

I just don't want the album to be an afterthought or a "'cute lil side thing" to the tour, when (if they play their cards right) this could really be "the" album moment that has kept eluding her. The concept, aesthetic, and cohesiveness is incredibly strong and it's her first post contract drama release, so they really need to cement it as a success and one that resonates.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 6

y'all do realize she has multiple EP's, mix-tapes and albums... right? she isn't one of the girls trying to go on an arena tour with a debut album... or one ep. 

• Thanks 1

Ugh I was gonna order a cd but the shipping is £17 :biblionny:

i woke up and thought this was an album

when i find ha:suburban:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Garbaj said:

y'all do realize she has multiple EP's, mix-tapes and albums... right? she isn't one of the girls trying to go on an arena tour with a debut album... or one ep. 

Friend, you're missing the point. 

She obviously won't be short of material to perform, but it'd arguably be a waste to do an entire world tour and not push an album she confirmed is coming. 

Granted artists these days typically only release albums to tour, the actual vehicle of touring is still tried, tested, and true when it comes to pushing and cementing **new material**. 

Meg has done the festival circuit, which is where most acts typically perform "the hits", into the ground. So, IMO, her own tour should be the vehicle for her own new music alongside the known numbers.

Edited by Cbreezy

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

i'm obsessed with this anime / video game aesthetic she took on this era. It suits her so well especially knowing she is in fact a huge anime fan. I never understood how that aesthetic was never explored by any big pop girl tbh

Thr difference is you can tell she is an actually anime fan, any other girl would have been serving bad cosplays with no knowledge

• Like 2

Loving the era so kuch so far.

Snake theme is so on point and how she is connecting with her life story. From shedding skin in front of everyone to silencing people who come for her. Can't wait to see what Boa is about.

Also Boa Hancock is one of fave character of all time so really intrigued by it.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, SapphireSky said:

Ugh I was gonna order a cd but the shipping is £17 :biblionny:

I was gonna order 4 until i realized it wasn't the album :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

I hope it's something Poppy. She has already given us 2 hard raps

4 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Total conjecture, but I think it's probably a late June release for the album and using the BET Awards as the main promotional platform. Much like a bunch of other acts circling that June window (e.g. Normani with her album and possibly even Cardi, who just said on Twitter Spaces that she has a single coming). 

I clocked that Meg's last US date before a brief break ahead of Europe is in Cali (same State as BET) and is just before the show. Could be coincidence, but could also be the week she goes all out with West Coast-based promo for the album. 

She wouldn't be the first artist to launch a tour with no album, but it would be extremely odd to do the entire run without a new body of work. Typically a tour supports an LP.

Maybe just maybe she could be looking to use a Q3/Q4 album release to launch another leg or another tour entirely, but that'd be overkill IMO. Especially when this very tour is being used to build her into an arena act. Something that is in motion but hasn't yet been achieved. 

We'll see. 

I just don't want the album to be an afterthought or a "'cute lil side thing" to the tour, when (if they play their cards right) this could really be "the" album moment that has kept eluding her. The concept, aesthetic, and cohesiveness is incredibly strong and it's her first post contract drama release, so they really need to cement it as a success and one that resonates.

Hmm. Honestly when you put it like that June doesn't sound terrible, but I still think it'd be really bad decision making if her biggest market doesn't get to experience her new album live. I see 31st May as the album date. Two weeks after Billie and its the one day she has off in-between the Memphis show on the 30th and the Atlanta show on the 1st June.

And what you said in the last paragraph is a MUST. Traumazine although a quality album, was swept underneath label drama and had a messy start to the era. Good News although commercially successful fell short on the quality. The odds are in her favour and the finishing line is almost in reach. We just need BOA to be the hit to cement that and for the album to deliver artistically as her singles have so far.

• Like 2

I preordered the Sapphire cover but now I kinda want that Rose Quartz one too 😭

i hope hope hope hope the album pre-order comes w the single

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.