Ariana Grande - "the boy is mine"

GuusLima

THAT WAS FANTASTIC. Wow!

I swear I think she's going to have an amazing acting/movie career, she's a natural. And I never thought I'd think of Ari as sexy :deadbanana4:

• Like 9

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truth Teller

• Blue Monday

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Trip

her acting has improved so sooo much over the past couple of years when she was mostly focusing on that

the vid is serving budget & it's cute, but also kinda whatever altogether. Didn't really make a big impression. It's also not one of my fav Ari songs so... 

• Like 1

The video is amazing :heart:

Chris confirming the best video is yet to come :jonny5:

16 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Chris confirming the best video is yet to come :jonny5:

For a brandy and Monica remix or supernatural please

:jonny6:

Just now, dirrtydiana said:

For a brandy and Monica remix or supernatural please

I don't think they'd invest on 2 videos for the same song.

Supernatural it is:jonny6:

Really liked the video :clap3: nice to see some effort being put into an era. Wish positions got more videos :jonnycat:

I need BTS confirmation if she actually managed to get Brandy and Monica in a room together :skull: 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

I don't think they'd invest on 2 videos for the same song.

Supernatural it is:jonny6:

I hope so because it's my favorite song 

but 2 music videos like overprotected would be smart promo for post album release singles 

• Like 1

I gasped when I saw her brown hair again :jonny5: this video is incredible!!!

• Like 4

OMG the video is brilliant. 
:WAP:

MVs are so back thank you Ari :WAP:

OMGGG the video is fantastic!

The Brandy and Monica cameo, the catsuit, rooftop scenes. Penn Badgley... :WAP:

She's really serving visuals this era. All videos have been top notch.

And the fact that the director is hinting at more videos... yasss. Supernatural please!

• Like 1

The video was good and looked super expensive, but I have two complaints

First, I walked away very…whelmed. Like, it was good, but I didn't leave gagged or emotionally impacted or awed by the visuals or anything. For WCBF, I got teary eyed and super emotional lol. Side to Side, I was gagged. NTLC, I was awed by the visuals. Even 7 Rings, I felt fully immersed in the vibe/world of the video, even if there was nothing special about it.

This video is in the ranks of positions, thank u next, and BUWGIB for me. Really good, and in her second tier of videos underneath the earlier ones I mentioned, but I won't return to it

My second complaint is moreso about the era as a whole. I love the album, and WCBF was probably my favorite video of hers ever, so maybe I'm being a hypocrite rn lol, but I kinda really dislike that so much of her work this era are so heavily inspired by other works

The album's name (and title track) is taken from a movie. The first single's video was an homage to that Paula Abdul single. WCBF's video was Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind condensed to 3 minutes. The boy is mine is literally the same title as a previous hit, and it's video is heavily DC/Batman inspired

I know artists take inspiration from previous work all the time, and she's executing it flawlessly, but I wish she did more totally brand new concepts. I know that's just me nitpicking and she can do whatever she wants lol, but I think it'd help her legacy if she starts being more innovative in her visuals and concepts

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Wow she's 3/3 for singles and music videos. :WAP:

What an amazing video!  Penn, the YOU references, Brandy and Monica, Rats (voices by Liz Gillies) :ahh: 

Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Queen :loki:

43 minutes ago, lustforyou said:

The video was good and looked super expensive, but I have two complaints

First, I walked away very…whelmed. Like, it was good, but I didn't leave gagged or emotionally impacted or awed by the visuals or anything. For WCBF, I got teary eyed and super emotional lol. Side to Side, I was gagged. NTLC, I was awed by the visuals. Even 7 Rings, I felt fully immersed in the vibe/world of the video, even if there was nothing special about it.

This video is in the ranks of positions, thank u next, and BUWGIB for me. Really good, and in her second tier of videos underneath the earlier ones I mentioned, but I won't return to it

My second complaint is moreso about the era as a whole. I love the album, and WCBF was probably my favorite video of hers ever, so maybe I'm being a hypocrite rn lol, but I kinda really dislike that so much of her work this era are so heavily inspired by other works

The album's name (and title track) is taken from a movie. The first single's video was an homage to that Paula Abdul single. WCBF's video was Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind condensed to 3 minutes. The boy is mine is literally the same title as a previous hit, and it's video is heavily DC/Batman inspired

I know artists take inspiration from previous work all the time, and she's executing it flawlessly, but I wish she did more totally brand new concepts. I know that's just me nitpicking and she can do whatever she wants lol, but I think it'd help her legacy if she starts being more innovative in her visuals and concepts

This is something that I agree with, although I'm mostly annoyed when it's a whole cosplay like Thank U, Next, in fact I don't like the video. But yeah, I also wish she built her own moments instead of replicating others. 

Love the video, the visuals she's serving this era whew :jonny5:

Brilliant music video.

And Penn looks so hot.

The stars, they aligned :jonny3:This is so iconique

Wish they recorded a remix as well to push the song later.

• Like 2

loving it and penn can wreck me all night long. Eternal Sunshine deserves a lot of singles. Its an amazing album. Hopefully more singles to come and supernatural has got to be a single. Its a hit song that needs maximum airplay. Look i dont usually care for someone's private business and i try to focus on the music and so far ariana has delivered an album on par with TUN. Hope it blasts onto the top 10 next week.

4 hours ago, Innocencelost said:

I don't know, concept and execution are cute but she has the presence of a cardboard cutout and Penn looks sick - and I mean malnourished 

I partially agree with this. I think she was trying to serve sexy on the bed, but she really just served pubescent team playing dress up for a Halloween photoshoot. Nothing was alluring about her in that look, but I do think she did better in the scene of her in her apartment messing with the vile.

4 hours ago, JT55331 said:

On a side note, as a huge Ari fan, i'm so happy and proud of her. She is clearly in such a good place mentally, and you can see how passionate and fulfilled she is in life, with the eternal sunshine project and Wicked. She deserves all the success & happiness 

Don't forget SpongeBob's D!

Overall, I really liked the video. The concept was good.

• Haha 1

It took her 50 billion years to promote the only listenable song on the album

• Thumbs Down 7

2 hours ago, lustforyou said:

this would be nice, but from the start she's always had retro leaning videos so i'm not expecting it to change

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.