Deuxmoi: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan to play Zelda in live-action movie?

Feanor

The impending racism :dancehall2:

Maybe a Wind Waker adaptation?

As long as hollywood isnt making POC new characters IDGAF and want POC actors to take these roles. Good for her :clap3: 

Come through Indian Link :jonnycat:

Posted (edited)

Hunter literally looks like Zelda and would be perfect casting + she's a great actress.

i don't think Nintendo would allow race bending an already established character, and like another user said it's the poor actors who suffer and get the hate from a massive fandom, Nintendo will still make their millions regardless. 

look at Halle Bailey who literally had the pure essence And innocence of Ariel not to mention the voice but was tarnished online because she's a black woman. 

we saw how Nintendo fans came for anyone who didn't understand the Mario movie last year (I say this as a fan who saw some nasty fans coming for film reviews who haven't played Mario games but they are literally doing their job)

if this girl was offered it and accepted then all imma say is good luck to you girlie cuz you're going to need it! 

I've always said with any role that race and sexuality shouldn't matter, if you audition and are the best, the job is yours, people need to realise this. 

Edited by Pink Ranger

:rip:

she doesn't really look like Zelda, I think Hunter Schafer or Anya Taylor Joy would be a better fit

42 minutes ago, playboi said:

she doesn't really look like Zelda, I think Hunter Schafer or Anya Taylor Joy would be a better fit

Zelda herself doesn't even look like Zelda anymore and hasn't for most of our lives.

The key elements are basically fair skin, elf ears and light, longer hair. Sri Lankan (?) people can get pale.

More than anything, we need to be worried about this director.

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

You mean Netflix should try to find a Hylian actress for the role? :deadbanana2:

Grimes is a horrible actress tho

• Haha 3

I thought it was gonna be a 3D animated movie or is it gonna be both :rip:

As long as they put her in a blonde wig i dont see the issue

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Zelda herself doesn't even look like Zelda anymore and hasn't for most of our lives.

The key elements are basically fair skin, elf ears and light, longer hair. Sri Lankan (?) people can get pale.

More than anything, we need to be worried about this director.

I think Zelda's phenotype was based on European medieval princesses and in the mind of the GP she's associated with pale white skin, blue eyes, blonde hair and soft features, I don't think maitreyi is the ideal fit for this

Edited by playboi

Who would play Link?

Forced inclusion for the sake of fake inclusivity 

• Like 1

The way this would cause the movie to tank, while the actress and studio and Nintendo itself are all torn to shreds :rip: 

That vague description can also apply to Anya and Freya who would be much better, safer choices. 

Caring about an actress resembling the character they're portraying is clearly  problematic, racist, and potentially fatphobic and ableist.

lmao that would bomb on arrival

16 hours ago, BadHabits said:

Who would play Link?

Scarjo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.