Deuxmoi: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan to play Zelda in live-action movie?

Feanor

Posted (edited)

Deuxmoi is usually more accurate when it comes to casting announcements and their Twitter account just retweeted this tweet below about their newsletter where they posted this blind item:

maitreyi-ramakrishnan-attends-the-19th-annual-unforgettable-gala-at-the-beverly-hilton-on-december-11-2021-1.jpg

Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress who's mostly known for her leading role in Netflix's Never Have I Ever and Pixar's Turning Red. :clap3:

She also seems to be a big Nintendo fan, as her Twitter page is full of recent tweets about Nintendo games… :lakitu:

Edited by Feanor

Posted (edited)

this would be really cool if true. i wonder how she would do in a more serious role.

she's not the only star of popular netflix shows though.

Edited by Saint James

:rip: 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

that would be a good way of causing tons of fanboy meltdowns

but that description could point to many people

Edited by fridayteenage

Poor actress if that's true. Y'all already know what's going to happen... 

Couldn't that point Freya Allan since she's in The Witcher and already working with the director in Planet of the Apes. 

• Like 2

This would be cool but Lmao miyamoto is not gonna approv something like this  :deadbanana2:

I hate when they do the race change casting because the actors get so much hate and Disney/other companies never support them or defend them 

just throwing the baby  to the wolves  and letting them get torn to shreds with 0 help :deadbanana4:

• Like 12

I'm all for representation. But there's no need to change the race of a pre-established character. Make new poc characters.

Also, the discourse online about this film is gonna be so toxic and exhausting, like.. why even bother? :rip:

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's probably Anya Taylor-Joy. 

Freya Allan is more likely. She stars in The Witcher and worked with Wes Ball in his latest movie.

Why are deuxmoi threads still allowed?

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

But there's no need to change the race of a pre-established character.

You mean Netflix should try to find a Hylian actress for the role? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That could be literally anyone.

Posted (edited)

I feel like Miyamato and the suits at Nintendo Japan (considering the culture/racism in Japan) would NOT do this. I would be shocked if they do.

Edited by I Melt Away
  • Like 1

Nerds got mad that Mario's new VA in the games put he/him in his Twitter bio :deadbanana4: I can't imagine how nasty this would get. She's super pretty though!

16 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

You mean Netflix should try to find a Hylian actress for the role? :deadbanana2:

Girl you know what i mean. Stop being obtuse.

This will drive incels insane

6 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Girl you know what i mean. Stop being obtuse.

Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I think it's gonna be Freya or one of the British actresses, love Maitreyi but I do not want the discourse to ruin the movie for me :rip:

#NotMyZelda

Hunter Schafer is right there

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Hunter Schafer would've been iconic but I'm always here for nerd's meltdowns and tears while POC actresses get recognition for their talents :clap3: 

Edited by TROPICUM
  • Like 2

it's either hunter or anya or they can keep it :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Johnnyboi said:

Couldn't that point Freya Allan since she's in The Witcher and already working with the director in Planet of the Apes. 

Yeah this is it

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

I'm all for representation. But there's no need to change the race of a pre-established character. Make new poc characters.

Also, the discourse online about this film is gonna be so toxic and exhausting, like.. why even bother? :rip:

Yeah it's a real shame they couldn't find a Hylian to cast

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.