Final Hot 100 predictions (5/18): Not Like Us #1, Million Dollar Baby #2, euphoria #3

pride4jc1222

4 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

What's cringey is when you whine about a rap battle and it's history you know nothing about because your fave millionaire  or billionaire pop girl isn't getting  a #1 on the charts due to said rap battle

Like let's be real. You probably don't listen or like the genre of rap and that's fine. But get off your high horse just like several people who don't know what they're talking about on this thread alone because you're not into or apart of the culture. No one here comes in complaining about Espresso being in the top 10 or why Fortnight is #1 because they don't like pop.

If you dont like it, you don't have to comment on it to annoy people that do.

As someone who's into multiple genres, it's annoying when this forum acts like pop is the only thing that matters. Rap is a popular genre and deserves to be discussed on here.. Deal with it.

You know absolutely nothing about me. :bibliahh: I've been listening to rap for over 30 years. I know it all. Rap is the main genre I listen to. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Green

• fridayteenage

• pride4jc1222

• JBJT2786

3 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

You know absolutely nothing about me. :bibliahh: I've been listening to rap for over 30 years. I know it all. Rap is the main genre I listen to. 

No one who listened to rap that long is gonna say that rap beef is cringey and giving an explanation of what rap beef and the history it has on hiphop cringey either.

Cope harder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

No one who listened to rap that long is gonna say that rap beef is cringey and giving an explanation of what rap beef and the history it has on hiphop cringey either.

Cope harder.

Just because I love rap doesn't mean I have to like rap beef. 

Edited by jezebelvictoria

10 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Just because I love rap doesn't mean I have to like rap beef. 

Again....you quoted me and another user ( who I don't know why you quoted) for educating another user who legit didn't understand what was going on and said we were cringey for explaining what was going on and the rap beef itself.

So I'll say again like I did in my initial response. If you don't like it don't comment on it to annoy people. While my pop stans statement was seem abit shady I followed it up and explained the reason for that.  Clearly that user thanked for the explanation so really we didn't need your two cents.

Move along now. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952i2kou3ucfyxegkhy12

4 hours ago, B-Luke said:

People saying "this will be #1 for a long time" to every #1 contender of the past few months and each week there's been a new surprise drop or unexpected increase that threw off everything :skull:

IKR? But at least the charts are moving faster now :clap3: 

11 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Again....you quoted me and another user ( who I don't know why you quoted) for educating another user who legit didn't understand what was going on and said we were cringey for explaining what was going on and the rap beef itself.

So I'll say again like I did in my initial response. If you don't like it don't comment on it to annoy people. While my pop stans statement was seem abit shady I followed it up and explained the reason for that.  Clearly that user thanked for the explanation so really we didn't need your two cents.

Move along now. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952i2kou3ucfyxegkhy12

I clearly do whatever I want. That's the point of a forum. I don't give a sh*t who I bother. :toofunny3:

• Thumbs Down 1

Yeah, the charts have been moving faster this year. What it also proves is that the multipliers used on the GOAT chart for 2020 and 2021 are too high. There's no way Billboard can justify a 0.8x multiplier for 2021 and a 0.65x multiplier for 2024. The charts in 2024 have had far more turnover than 2021, 2022, and 2023. If anything, the post-UGC multipliers should be like this:

January 18, 2020-November 14, 2020: 0.7x

November 21, 2020-December 30, 2023*: 0.65x

January 6, 2024*-present: 0.75 or 0.8x

* - Could use October 21, 2023 as end date for 0.65 and October 28, 2023 as start date for new multiplier.

1 hour ago, jezebelvictoria said:

I clearly do whatever I want. That's the point of a forum. I don't give a sh*t who I bother. :toofunny3:

Thank you for not contributing to the discussion....like I said move along.

OT:

What are the chances of Kendrick getting top 2 with both tracks?

Lmao @ the essays and histories on rap beef on a pop music forum. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, on the line said:

Would you rather prefer we talk about the titillating topic of Ava Max's new tragic haircut or real age for the 70th time? You know since it's a pop music forum and all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, on the line said:

Well, the pop music is almost all kinda flopping (and extremely bad rn let's be honest), so there's really not much to talk about. The pop girls are done and dusted. Nobody listens to them anymore, other than Taylor. Sabrina is there-ish, but it's one hit that's caught on out of how many flops?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:51 AM, JoJo said:

This is such a pop-centric take. Hit 'Em Up and Ether aren't forgotten just because your local radio station isn't playing them :deadbanana:

Even SHEther is remembered :dies:

22 hours ago, Mezter said:

Taylor, her freefall :rip: 

She's not freefalling, it's just hip hop's turn :celestial5:

8 hours ago, jezebelvictoria said:

These posts are so cringe just like the damn feud itself. Talking about pop stans as if millionaire rappers fighting like high schoolers is any better. :toofunny3:

Hip hop is a sport. If them "fighting" over who is better is cringey than all sports are cringey. Just like any other sport, they are competing over who has the best skill. In this case it's lyrical ability. You may "know" rap, but you don't know hip hop

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, on the line said:

If this was a hip hop music forum the essays and histories would be redundant because majority of the users would have known this information already :toofunny3: of course there will be history lessons to educate the uninformed. 

Edited by TiaTamera
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

Even SHEther is remembered :dies:

She's not freefalling, it's just hip hop's turn :celestial5:

Hip hop is a sport. If them "fighting" over who is better is cringey than all sports are cringey. Just like any other sport, they are competing over who has the best skill. In this case it's lyrical ability. You may "know" rap, but you don't know hip hop

No I do know and still find it ridiculous. Y'all can say whatever you want. They're acting like children and seeing y'all eat up a former Canadian soap opera star in a 'rap beef' is f*cking hilarious. I hate sports but rap is not a sport. Your analogy is dumb. Them competing is dumb. 

• Thumbs Down 2

• Like 1

OMG this chart having so many changes lately. :ghostface:

Justice for Meet the Grahams 

• Thanks 2

Rooting for everybody that isn't Taylor Swift 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

#1 Not Like Us 6,897,658 (+1.25%)

:deadbanana: 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

The top 2 will be so strong. Million dollar baby increases from 5.33 million to 5.76 million US Spotify streams  :deadbanana:

55 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

#1 Not Like Us 6,897,658 (+1.25%)

:deadbanana: 

Will probably hit 10 mill if they rush out a video

It literally went UP and is now at 12.3M streams on Global Spotify after a WEDNESDAY. I'm HOLLERINGGG!!!

:deadbanana2:

As a comparison point, first 7 days of Drivers License globally:
1.5M
4.6M
7.5M
11.5M
13.4M
13.6M
13.7M

• Like 1

And radio is starting to play Not Like Us  :eli: 

Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us  3.68  +2.08

:dies:That user having a meltdown over why rap has beef. If you don't know **** about hip-hop… just stick to your pop music charts. 

• Thanks 1