• AndThenTheCocaine

• Yes, AND

• LOTF

Top Posters In This Topic

It 100% is the bad music

6 minutes ago, Arrows said:

"One of the biggest eras in pop music history":rip:

Quite the overstatement

Like is it even in the top 40 of biggest pop girl eras…?

:suburban:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The music is miles better is crazy when only Houdini really lives up to FN's highs :chick1:

Well her new album is good from what i've heard so far. She just doesn't have the standout tracks like before there's only Houdini. 

2 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

i just think its the lack of hits :michael:

Dua had Don't Start Now, Physical, Levitating, Hallucinate and Love Again, which are the big 5 along with FN (Title-Track) which is the undersung gem of the album.

On this album there's the obvious ones like Houdini and Illusion and What'cha Doing? but I do feel there's a lack of surefire hits. I do like that she's experimenting with new sounds, I'd love for Maria to be a single.

When Dua said she was experimenting with Brit Pop, I thought she was going to work with Fatboy Slim (Weapon of Choice and Rizzle Kicks' Mama Do The Hump) and Gorillaz' Damon Albarn.

Obviously it's Biden

17 minutes ago, HRHCOLLECTION said:

It 100% is the bad music

This, why is it so hard to stomach? I quite liked DL1, FN was the bomb and this one I still can't bring myself to listen to. She needs to start catering to the GP again instead of niche gays. 

Bad management and not a lot of promo like FN. 

She still needs to promote and push her songs like she did before (ex. cringy tik tok trend for Levitating and DaBaby remix)

2 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Now let's just calm down. This is FAR from a Witness situation

True, true. She doesn't have a pixie cut 

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Also What's dua fandom name :rip: Her fans don't even try 

ntm on the Lipasuctioners...

• Haha 3

Radical Floptimism 

Radical Optimism is a fantastic album and Houdini was a moderate hit. Dance the night was a massive hit so people are certainly blowing things out of proportion.

2 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Now let's just calm down. This is FAR from a Witness situation

True. Witness had a top 10 lead single and opened with 180,000 units. 

Radical Optimism wishes. 

• Haha 1

- hyped the album's sound to be something it's the polar opposite of

- no interesting change in sound from her previous work

- dragged the album's rollout for way too long

- released too many singles before the album

- she's not engaging with her fans much, ain't creating a bigger loyal fanbase, continues to depend on the GP

• Like 3

Going to post here what I posted elsewhere:

• "There is no explanation" didn't she fire her amazing tap management who were the driving force behind the FN era being as heavily promoted and successful as it was in favor of… her dad?
  • "There is no explanation" didn't she promise a psychedelic rave departure from FN inspired by Massive Attack and instead deliver… more uninspired pop music written by Caroline Ailin?
  • "There is no explanation" didn't she release an entire music video where she was sitting down after the lead was already performing underwhelmingly and needed a surefire smash to reboot the era in the new year?
  • "There is no explanation" didn't the album cover reveal generate controversy for seeming to be a complete 180 from the general aesthetic and vibe she had described the album as having up until that point?

At what point do fans of artists stop baselessly pointing the finger at imaginary entities trying to sabotage their favorite pop star and start demanding that the artist take accountability for their own decisions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I also think its fishy. Maybe no more autoplay, no media push. Sth is off

It just shows how much a good team behind a popstar can add or subtract to their success. This time she can't even get a TTH cover.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It was a perfect storm that led to the underperformance: bad lead, even worse 2nd single, huge gap of 6 months between the lead and the album release (in which Dua basically didn't promote the songs at all, besides like 2 performances), 0 effort to build a fanbase, undercooked songs (some of the songs have all the choruses just copy pasted, no ad libs added, nothing changed). I almost forgot, the awful 0 budget MVs (that was the cherry on top). Releasing Illusion as a single was actually the 1st good decision they did this era but unfortunately it was too late

:michael:

And i blame her current management. Leaving TaP was one of her worst decisions ever

Edited by TayDuaStan

The music is a downgrade  :biblio:

i partially think its bc there's not as much tiktok appeal than FN, but theres also the lack of promo and too much competition in the charts right now to actually create talk about it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

It just shows how much a good team behind a popstar can add or subtract to their success. This time she can't even get a TTH cover.

All 3 singles were perched on TTH on release. 

Just now, Yes, AND said:

All 3 singles were perched on TTH on release. 

And is it now? At this very moment when it matters?

1 minute ago, Rep2000 said:

And is it now? At this very moment when it matters?

Why would illusion be on top of TTH now when it's already flopped. 

It's pretty clear quality of music doesn't matter too much. Look at the biggest album of this year. 

I do think that even if it was the best album of the year that it wouldn't have done better

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.