• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethereal

• AndThenTheCocaine

• Yes, AND

• LOTF

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk really what they're insinuating but the music hasn't changed much since FN and I think people are just not excited about it anymore. See what's happening with Ava? What happened with Katy? When you keep serving the same thing you lose appeal eventually.ย 
ย 

And don't even start with "this album is nothing like FN"โ€ฆ it's just FN with some fun sucked out and the vaguest of vague "experimental" tidbit for a cumulative 3 minutes across the whole albumย 

• Like 12

They're rightย 

Just now, West Coast said:

They're rightย 

:suburban:

me when i saw the scarlet numbers

• Haha 10

wellโ€ฆ the music is not itย :suburban:

I also think its fishy. Maybe no more autoplay, no media push. Sth is off

• Like 1

agreed :suburban:

Now let's just calm down. This is FAR from a Witness situation

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

. Maybe no more autoplay, no media push.ย 

I don't think she's ever received media push. You could be onto something with the no more autoplay theory though.

ย 

One of the biggest eras in pop music history? As in top 500 eras?

• Haha 2

I don't know if I believe in "sabotage" or w/e, but I do find it kind of strange how as a casual follower I've heard almost nothing about Dua (music or otherwise) since this era started. She was kind of inescapable during FN. It may just be a case of less coverage because the music hasn't stuck or something idk.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ericcartman said:

One of the biggest eras in pop music history? As in top 500 eras?

Well, yes, her fans claimed that she revolutionised the music industry, with her back-to-back hits, and was the only pop girl in history to make it big since Ariana Grande.

• Thumbs Down 1

I think it's the musicย :gaycat6:

• Like 1

14.2k likes..... that's why I can't take Twitter seriously

ย 

and yes it's definitely the music.

6 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

I mean at least Witness was iconic and will go down in history. I'm scared from what we've seen so far that this might make very little noise at all which is worse

Posted (edited)

Look the hype was definitely there, Houdini was her best debut ever by a wide margin (on Spotify Global, 5.4M (#2) versus DSN's 3.4M (#8)).

ย 

I also think she dropped too many singles-- before FN came along there was only DSN and Physical (which tanked in the US (ROBBED!!!!!)). And even disregarding that, she still fumbled the bag by not dropping Training Season the Friday before the Grammys when she would perform it to widespread acclaim (I still don't get what happened there-- that date was rumoured on here??? and IIRC no serious competitors dropped that week?????)

ย 

Honestly given the material she could've just dropped the album the week that Training Season actually dropped (Feb 16 maybe?). Her team needs to realize these days the GP has the attention span of a goldfish and a single middling single choice can jeapardize your album rollout. Cf. Eternal Sunshine before WCBF delivered.

ย 

I guess the music just didn't click as well as FN.ย :gaycat7:

Edited by AndThenTheCocaine
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

witness had cttr, bon appetit that made some noise. also swish swish performed ok in europe

The album is for people who aren't miserable and the entire world is miserable rn, as this thread and many others in the past 24 hours would indicate :bird:ย 

• Like 2

It's simple. FN was a fluke. She released it during the pandemic lockdowns and it was fun and dancey while everyone was cooped up inside. Trying to come up with anything other than that is weird since the music is notย thatย different.ย 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Watson! said:

witness had cttr, bon appetit that made some noise. also swish swish performed ok in europe

Well they sure weren't tuned in for the right reasons:coffee2:

ย 

And this album has Houdini anywayย 

Just now, geodude said:

It's simple. FN was a fluke. She released it during the pandemic lockdowns and it was fun and dancey while everyone was cooped up inside. Trying to come up with anything other than that is weird since the music is notย thatย different.ย 

:clap3:

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.