The Fame Monster vs Teenage Dream: better album?

Aethereal

Which album do you prefer?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Better album:

I just checked a recent poll and BTW beat TD by nearly 2:1 which was surprising. 

For me, here, TFM takes the cake. On a certain mood I might prefer TD but if I had the choice to keep only one and remove the other permanently, I'd save TFM.  

I only use the singles from both albums though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Ya'll really becoming the late millennial/early gen z version of fighters vs army 

• Haha 5

Didn't you already make this thread?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Didn't you already make this thread?

I did a similar thread about units/success in US, this one is about quality. 

• Haha 2

Teenage Dream by far

The way the songs penetrate popular culture and become the voice of the generation. 

TFM is great but Bad Romance was really the only impactful song from it, and even then the lyrics don't resonate with their listeners. The geepee only sees it as a great bop and that's it.

Teenage Dream, Firework, One That Got Away, etc are still being played, referenced in pop culture, and heavily streamed not only because it's catchy, but because it RESONATES with the listeners

:coffee2:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Ya'll really becoming the late millennial/early gen z version of fighters vs army 

Both of them are still very popular and top earners, it's not comparable at all to that other rivalry where one was an instant legend and the other was a screaming copycat that fell off immediately. :bunny:

Just now, Sheep said:

Both of them are still very popular and top earners, it's not comparable at all to that other rivalry where one was an instant legend and the other was a screaming copycat that fell off immediately. :bunny:

Well the screaming one gets to sing at a JO1 concert, so good for her. :clap3:

:bibliahh:

• Thanks 1

Teenage Dream is better.

TFM aged terribly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

Teenage Dream is definitely a fun album but TFM is literally a masterpiece... SHICD alone >>>>>>> :coffee2:

• Like 2

TFM, as a whole body of work

TD for the singles

I WIN! :gaycat1:

The album I go back to the most, TD. I love So Happy I Could Die and Dance in The Dark but the rest are just ok to me in 2024.

I judge anyone who would seriously think that TD is better. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Fame Monster by FAR. I mean, Bad Romance and Dance in the dark >>> Katy's discography. 

• Like 1

They're honestly both stellar pop albums but TFM has aged much better and still holds up the best. And here I go mentioning Dance in the Dark again because you can't talk about that album without highlighting what makes it so perfect - So Happy I Could Die honorable mention :gaygacat5:

TFM is probably better but I go back to Teenage Dream more. What can I say, I'm an OG The Fame boy, through and through. :psych:

I compare albums by being better than each other by counting the songs I like from the total songs and then working out the percentage of tracks that I gravitated towards the most.

With The Fame Monster, I tend to skip Telephone and Teeth very frequently. That works out to 6/8 tracks, which is 75% of the album that I enjoy.

From Teenage Dream, I don't really like Last Fright Night, California Gurls, Firework and Peacock. That is 8/12, working out to be 66% that I enjoy.

The Fame Monster wins. :clap3:

TFM is the only correct answer

i like them both but the clear answer is TFM because only teenage dream contains 'who am i living for' which is literally the worst song ever released, the ultimate skip track, physically cannot bear being within 500 yards of someone playing it, the very definition of a bad song (rest of the album is largely fine)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.