How do you think people will remember Taylor Swift in 50 years?

Strawberry Bubble

Posted (edited)

We are in the year 2074, how do you think people will remember Taylor Swift? Is she going to pass the test of time?. 

Do you have any artist from the past who had a similar career trajectory than her?

Will she be a legend? Or just another pop girl with amazing numbers?

Edited by Strawberry Bubble
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

In 50 years people will think of her as the biggest current pop star of the time.  She is the queen of longevity. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Thumbs Down 4

imagine streaming Karma in 2074 :rip:

• Haha 2

We could all be living in a nuclear wasteland in 50 years. Who knows what will happen just 10 years from now. 

• Like 1

The world I think will be so different in 50 years time that I don't think any current stars or culture will be relevant 

• Like 4

They'll be tuning into the State of the Union to watch her address! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

imagine streaming Karma in 2074 :rip:

Good thing we'll be streaming folklore & evermore :clap3: 

i saw a shakespears or taylor swift video and one of the participants said that he studied shakespears, 50 years from now people will be studying taylor swift.

anyway, we can't predict the future. but imma say yes because i love that for her

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

The world I think will be so different in 50 years time that I don't think any current stars or culture will be relevant 

I mean, the world now is so different from 50 years ago but The Beatles are still Iconic. The Rolling Stones. Etc.

• Like 4

The girl behind the destruction of the rainforests

:clack:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

probably something like elton john in the 70s, a great pop star and terrific songwriter who had lots of hits. they'll be a period when she falls out of fashion cos that happens to everyone but i think she'll be well and fondly remembered (yes, as long as we aren't all underwater or something etc)

• Thanks 6

The most successful popular musician of all time.

• Like 1

They either won't or they would think WTF were this people on listening to this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 5

4 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

They'll be tuning into the State of the Union to watch her address! 

I was gonna say how you gon expect her to be president at 85 but then I remembered the age of who is currently in office :suburban:

• Haha 9

If time has shown us anything is that Taylor's career and music stands tall among all the now forgotten girls she has been compared to throughout the years :khalyan:

Yes. She'll most likely still be alive. 

8 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I mean, the world now is so different from 50 years ago but The Beatles are still Iconic. The Rolling Stones. Etc.

The next 50 years will bring more change than the past 1000 due to AI, I think 

• Like 1

I mean...she's a legend already. I don't think she'll be relevant in 50 years the way she's relevant now, but I feel like that's kind of obvious. We'll remember her as a musical and cultural icon of the 2010's and 2020's and however long she continues to endure. I could see her being looked at similarly to ABBA, a group that has a ton of amazing, timeless hits and some kitschy stuff that didn't age too well.

She will be remembered fondly, everyone is, unless they have some major controversy 

Probably the way older gays still go on about Madonna.

• Haha 1

The causation of climate change 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

As one of the Billionaire elites whose carbon emissions led to the downfall of human civilization... IF there is a semblance of society left in 50 yrs. 

• Thumbs Down 1

She will be remembered as our generation's Joni Mitchell. And an underdog who got unfairly criticized for her every move. Her peers… will be forgotten 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She'll be revered as a living legend. TS51 will be playing on everyone's iPhone 64 Plus. Everyone will be attempting to break her records but they will not be able to. Her 23th AOTY that night. Then she announces TS52…

• Haha 1

even the 2060s babies will question how society let her get so huge. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.