There's no singles left in RO. What should Dua do? Rerelease or new Album?

Digitalism

Not gonna lie the album is boring and the singles were the best choices.

Should Dua insist on this with a rerelease or act like it never happened?

I think that if this was acclaimed she should have rerelease in the hopes of having some noms but now that it is a flop on all fronts she needs to start a new project now if she doesn't want to kill her career 

And the most important part is to fire her dad

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• IBeMe

• shyboi

• Timeless

Top Posters In This Topic

retire

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Release Falling Free, go on tour and try again with a better album.

• Like 1

Do an extended version album with a couple new songs (sorta like Positions deluxe) then move on QUICK

She needs to move on from this era, it's not bad enough to end her career because despite critics and reception, the album is solid. But it's completely taken the wind out of the momentum FN gave, it won't really help to disappear for a bit. 

• Like 2

Whatcha Doing and Maria tend to disagree.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

she just need to call it a day, learn from it and move on.

she needs to rush another full album tho, if she takes more than one year is over. Get 12 hot new tracks, fresh, dope producers, BRAND NEW IMAGE, get rid of the dated red hair and the washed up "natural" look

she's the queen of the gheys and the girls after all

Edited by shyboi
  • Like 12

Cancel the entire era and actually make an album that sounds like Houdini (Extended Edit).

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

She needs to move on from this era, it's not bad enough to end her career because despite critics and reception, the album is solid. But it's completely taken the wind out of the momentum FN gave, it won't really help to disappear for a bit. 

Yeah she said she likes long eras but this is not something that should be pushed for long.

Get her old management back for a start

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

she just need to call it a day, learn from it and move on.

she needs to rush another full album tho, if she takes more than one year is over. Get 12 hot new tracks, fresh, dope producers, BRAND NEW IMAGE, get rid of the dated red hair and the washed up "natural" look, serve some cvntiness

she's the queen of the gheys and the girls after all

This is dua. She probably has hundreds of songs ready to go from her usual producers. So this could be done by the end of the year

The best way to salvage her career would be to rush-release another album this year or in 2025 with catchy songs. Taking a long break will be a coup de grâce for her career.   

Whatcha Doing is definitely single material :clap:

• Like 2

French Exit ft. Ava Max

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

This is dua. She probably has hundreds of songs ready to go from her usual producers. So this could be done by the end of the year

Mmmm i don't know about that, i would start from zero. If the songs are like RO she would have to make a TF+TFM or deluxe edition and no, she needs to leave this era and it's whole concept in the past. 

Edited by shyboi

an album as a whole is pretty good, at least im 6 tracks in it sounds nice, but individually its meh idk why, love training season thou 

4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Whatcha Doing is definitely single material :clap:

It was. The problem is the gp doesn't care and the critics hate the album. It's kinda too late to keep pushing this 

• Like 2

maybe release 1 or 2 more singles depening on Spotify performance and then call it a era. Release a new album within next 1 year again and then start touring for both albums. Meanwhile she should go for big producers like Dr Luke or Max Martin if she can afford them. 

I feel like Dua could release at least two more songs that sound single worthy. Though I'm not sure she will, maybe one last. 

• Like 1

what is with the doom and gloom :rip: she's more than fine even if the numbers for this era don't turn out to be great. Her career is not over if she waits more than a year be for real. She will still be hot and talented in 2 years!

• Like 2

She needs to do like Ariana did with Sweetener. Just forget it ever happened, gather the best writing camp possible, and pump out ten new songs FAST.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

The problem is the gp doesn't care and the critics hate the album.

You definitely have a point there. It's a shame, I really like this album 

Posted (edited)

The singles were the best songs. But my taste does not align with GPs so maybe she can make something of the remaining tracks.

Edited by Aethereal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HonourableVomit said:

what is with the doom and gloom :rip: she's more than fine even if the numbers for this era don't turn out to be great. Her career is not over if she waits more than a year be for real. She will still be hot and talented in 2 years!

I'm a Dua fan and I truly think she will lose America if she takes 2 years after this 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.