Dua Lipa - Radical Optmism | Metacritic Thread - (70)

Sugden

2 hours ago, Rev8 said:

Who is talking about critic scores?

You, cause the concept of poptimism IS about critic scores, awards have always been a different thing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raspberries

• playwithme

• alfonso12

• supaspaz

The British superstar has said her new album is influenced by Britpop, rave culture and Primal Scream, but you could go mad trying to find the evidence.

This part of The Guardian's review is hilarious because it's true. She is taking herself too seriously for what she's delivering. It reminds me of Gaga circa Born This Way

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, alfonso12 said:

You, cause the concept of poptimism IS about critic scores, awards have always been a different thing.

It isn't totally different tho

It's still about acclaim. With a fact that both have changed for the positive when it comes to pop releases.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

So was ES and how is that holding up with the public only a month and a half later? 

Holding incredibly well despite only having 2 singles (one solid hit).

OT:

The album is at least an 8, at most 9.

Edited by Jude

obsessed with the instrumental in Maria

71 on metacritic
Consequence gave it 75

Is the album getting Solar Power'd?  :biblio:

Posted (edited)

You all care too much about reviews 

The most of the critically acclaimed album that came in first quater are mostly forgotten

Dua will have longevity and her songs will be remembered :giraffe:

Edited by FolkLover1989
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

are we getting deluxe?

72 on Metacritic

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

72 on Metacritic

RISEEEEEEEEEE

On 5/2/2024 at 7:20 PM, Kh-Loud said:

A critical panned and commercial flopped  - ooh it is bad for her! 

The way no one wants it:gayriahcat2:

Also, the way her Karma for being a super spreader has finally caught up to her:pancake:

spacer.png

This is mental illness, folks :dies:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CottageHore said:

This is mental illness, folks :dies:

Your inability to not throw personal attack at something not aiming at you is a clearer indication of mental illness, *****. 

Folks, this is celebrity worshipping aka Mental Illness, but without the self awareness. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

this thread and the PF thread are extremely quiet

where were the loud oths and delusioners?

karma is real

5 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

Your inability to not throw personal attack at something not aiming at you is a clearer indication of mental illness, *****. 

Folks, this is celebrity worshipping aka Mental Illness, but without the self awareness. 

Girl, hush. I don't "worship" any celebrity and certainly not Dua, which is evident in everything I post on this website. Praying on a stranger's downfall isn't normal whatsoever and is a sign that you're not happy with yourself or your own accomplishments. Me pointing this objective fact isn't mental illness, it's me calling it what it is and you getting triggered because it's true. :) Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Girl, hush. I don't "worship" any celebrity and certainly not Dua, which is evident in everything I post on this website. Praying on a stranger's downfall isn't normal whatsoever and is a sign that you're not happy with yourself or your own accomplishments. Me pointing this objective fact isn't mental illness, it's me calling it what it is and you getting triggered because it's true. :) Hope this helps!

Simply pointing out and stating facts isn't the same as praying on a stranger's downfall, which would presume that it hasn't happened yet- are you lacking basic comprehension because you sound very slow right now? Also, the gas lighting and continuous personal attack seems like a self projection at this point - hope everything is okay at home! 

Edited by Kh-Loud
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ya'll overreacting as usual. TTPD is no way some masterpiece some of you make it out to be and RO is a cute dance record. I enjoy it, don't give a damn about some silly numbers and all of you who like it just enjoy it. This board faked to stan Adele just cuz she was selling good but jumped ship the second demand faltered. So yeah, enjoy the music, atrl stay toxic

• Like 4

On 5/3/2024 at 5:21 AM, Redstreak said:

So was ES and how is that holding up with the public only a month and a half later? 

Considering ES did around 15M streams on its 57th day (yesterday) and RO did the same on its debut day Im inclined to say ES is holding up very good :kitty:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

I need it to go up one point so my ranking of her albums becomes a critical reality :WAP:

On 5/3/2024 at 10:25 AM, Chemist said:

The British superstar has said her new album is influenced by Britpop, rave culture and Primal Scream, but you could go mad trying to find the evidence.

This part of The Guardian's review is hilarious because it's true. She is taking herself too seriously for what she's delivering. It reminds me of Gaga circa Born This Way

It really annoys me that reviewers are taking what she's said in other interviews and using it against her because it didn't meet their expectations based on what she said.. Or even having an expectation based on the people she's working with like Kevin Parker, expecting a more psychedelic record…

I agree she should've have said these things or made these comparisons but a reviewer should just review the music for what it is and not be influenced by all of these other factors.

• Like 1

Come on Miss @katara girl, come out of hiding already :ryan3:

• Haha 9

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

It really annoys me that reviewers are taking what she's said in other interviews and using it against her because it didn't meet their expectations based on what she said.. Or even having an expectation based on the people she's working with like Kevin Parker, expecting a more psychedelic record…

I agree she should've have said these things or made these comparisons but a reviewer should just review the music for what it is and not be influenced by all of these other factors.

Well, if an album sets out to do something and fails at it, then that’s a reasonable criteria by which to analyze it.

• Like 3

On 5/2/2024 at 7:42 PM, bad guy said:

Wait :rip:

Why are critics actually being harsh again :rip:

Vvhgggghhhhvghhhhhhhhhhhh

It's a very solid three out of five :dancehall2:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.