• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virgos Groove

• NEX

• The Music Industry

• Redstreak

It's true 

She is in her Bruce, Dylan, Rolling stones and U2 era. Only the fans care and publications like Rolling stone give them 5 stars like they do with all legends. The GP and real critics don't care  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Posted (edited)

Taylor's music isn't for people with low IQ. She tried to appease these dumb dumbs by making ME! but her fans said NO! That's why these critics are struggling giving TTPD poor reviews. They want those watered down koolaid lyrics while Taylor chooses to serve us fine wine. TTPD is the type of album that will withstand the test of time like the rest of her catalog. When will they learn….

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 16
  • Haha 24
  • Confused 17
  • Thumbs Down 36

I mean if the industry and GP are saying this is the biggest artist and she's getting all the acclaim for her work, I don't see an issue with her output being more critically critiqued than others. Goes for any huge artist. 

Whether the critical reception matters is still your choice :giraffe:

• Like 1

They're setting this lady up for the biggest downfall. They build you up just to see you fail. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

I love Taylor but the bootlicking is just embarassing. Deal with the fact. She released another mid album produced by jack antonoff. :giraffe:
The lyrical content is great. The production is not. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Keter said:

They're setting this lady up for the biggest downfall. They build you up just to see you fail. 

and she'll have the biggest comeback if that ever happens

:suburban:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

That was cringeworthy to read... :deadbanana4:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Taylor's music isn't for people with low IQ. She tried to appease these dumb dumbs by making ME! but her fans said NO! That's why these critics are struggling giving TTPD poor reviews. They want those watered down koolaid lyrics while Taylor chooses to serve us fine wine. TTPD is the type of album that will withstand the test of time like the rest of her catalog. When will they learn….

You're suggesting Taylor has the lyrical depth of artists like PJ Harvey, yet her songwriting is often criticized for its perceived juvenility :toofunny3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

Not people defending her music. WE DON'T LIKE IT. THE CRITICS DON'T LIKE IT. 

STOP TRYING TO MAKE US LIKE IT AND THINK IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD MUSIC AND MAKING A THINK PIECE AROUND IT! :angry:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 16

Is this satire? The cover photo they use in that article :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Brikenbur said:

Not people defending her music. WE DON'T LIKE IT. THE CRITICS DON'T LIKE IT. 

STOP TRYING TO MAKE US LIKE IT AND THINK IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD MUSIC AND MAKING A THINK PIECE AROUND IT! :angry:

The fumes :bibliahh:

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, NEX said:

reviews often miss the fact that "music" is something that Swift stopped selling long ago.

screaminnnnggg what is she supposed to sell then? words that are sung in a slightly melodic tone? :bibliahh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

oh!

I kinda understand the point they're making but if we're being honest, in the past Taylor has been able to create music which was incredibly personal and specific yet still stood on its own to appeal to the casual listener.

The truth is she has set the bar too high for herself post-folklore. If it's not a cultural reset it's underwhelming.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

You're suggesting Taylor has the lyrical depth of artists like PJ Harvey, yet her songwriting is often criticized for its perceived juvenility :toofunny3:

Taylor is not an exception to juvenile lyrics. Every artist I've heard on the radio is guilty of it. The difference is her catalog resonates with generations of people between children and elderly folks as evident by the people who attend her tours. She has over 1,000 songs. She's allowed to write about love in a way that appeals and relates to younger and older audiences. I see no problem with it. People are always trying to dig claws into Taylor when their faves are out there singing basic and juvenile lyrics themselves. People expect growth and depth from Taylor but are blinded by the fact she's already been doing so for years. The only people I see that need to grow up are the OTH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

40 minutes ago, truthteller said:

yall acting like a 76 MC score is THAT bad :deadbanana2:

It's apparently a dichotomy big enough to get major publications discussing it :michael:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

screaminnnnggg what is she supposed to sell then? words that are sung in a slightly melodic tone? :bibliahh:

You might have hit the nail on the head there 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, godmess said:

swifties are not lovers of music, that much is true. 

Better not being a lover of music than being a lover of school bullies.

1134746551_ezgif.com-resize(1).thumb.gif

• Haha 7

i aint reading allat

54 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Taylor's music isn't for people with low IQ. She tried to appease these dumb dumbs by making ME! but her fans said NO! 

Imagine having such a massive level of tolerance towards embarrassment when this is that one song that her fans find embarrassing. Dear lord, we're really not that far from being a Swiftie will be an official diagnosis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.