Do you use Self Checkout/ Self Serve Kisoks?

Symmetra

Always self checkout cause it's fast and I don't have to deal with old people writing checks, slowing down the line. And yes, I shop higher end produce and ring it up using a sku from a lower price item 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Yes I felt like a bad ***** after I scanned bananas twice instead of the steaks 

• Haha 3

Self-checkout by FORCE because they fired everyone and have like 2 checkouts open, always full of people with HUGE trolleys full, so i have to shlep down to the self-checkouts to hurriedly be searching "capsicum" "broccoli" "pistachio" on the god forsaken little item search things, only for it to reject the weight, think my bag is unchecked item, cameras scanning my umbrella in my basket as an unpaid-for item and staff come running over, getting ID'd for alcohol cause of my youthful gaw jus looks. It's all a god damn mess.

• Like 1

I do when they're available, but some supermarkets here also force you to use them if you pay by card.

Yes, I prefer to check myself out. I like not having forced interactions and I cashier faster than most because of my experience in retail management, anyway. Some people may not see it as such, but it's much more convenient to just check myself out.

absolutely not, i'm not giving these companies free labour just so they can continue to fire and understaff

It's the norm here. There are some supermarket locations that only have self check-outs. 

i go in whichever line is shorter, which most of the time is self checkout but sometimes when it's really busy the register has a shorter line.

It's hard to steal from my local ones. They scan the colour and start flashing for the employee to come over if it thinks you scanned the wrong item :toofunny3:

Yes and from time to time I steal. Because of the situation of the shop on our campus being far from any other shops the prices are criminally high and it'd be cheaper for me to travel to shop but sometimes that's just a lot of effort. We have security there sometimes tho

• Thanks 1

if they have it, definitely 

Edited by flower moon

Yeah sometimes if I only got like 1 or 4 items otherwise I go to the person.

it's all I use now :rip: I have my own reusable bags so I like to bag my own stuff

All the time. I don't want interaction of any form. As a former grocery store employee, I hated talking to customers.

90% register

10% self check

I'm too lazy to scan all that and pack it up myself

All the time if I have less than 10 items 

Always unless I buy a lot of stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.