Taylor's old album streams DECREASED after new album release, why?

OrgVisual

Just had a look at Spotify Album Charts and I was surprised. Usually, when an artist releases a new album, their catalogue receives a boost. But for Taylor, it works in the opposite way. Why?

Spotify Weekly Album Charts:

#1 NEW TTPD

#8 (-2) Lover

#26. (-16) Midnights

#28. (-12) folklore

#34. (-20) 1989 tv

In reference, Eternal Sunshine's release week:

#1 NEW eternal sunshine

#92 (+62) thank u, next

#103 (+39) Dangerous Woman

#128 (+42) My Everything

Cowboy Carter: 

#1 NEW Cowboy Carter

#177 (RE) Renaissance

Edited by OrgVisual
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 25

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monster Queen

• WildHeart

• Enrique523

• Burn

Yeah i noticed that it is actually weird

I wouldn't call 1989 TV and Midnights "old", but if you're insinuating that only Taylor's sWiFtiEs are listening to her albums, I'm sorry to tell you that it's statistically incorrect.

Not weird at all. Her fanbase is huge and consume everything by her, so with a new release they focused on that album 

• Like 6

Its just proving that her fanbase were having streaming farms and when the hype will go down they will spread it to her whole discography again :deadbanana: 

why would i, someone who listens to Midnight Rain stop listening to it if i like the song? i wouldn't. 

But if my life was about streaming an artists whole discography and creating. Farms for it i wouldn't be able to stream it. 

cringe behaviour. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 27

TTPD:TA has 31 songs and it takes a while to get through (both physically and mentally) so I am sure that took up a lot of people's time when it comes to her music this past week.

• Like 7

Because the album is 82636 hours long, people had no hours left in the day to play her other stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think it's different because all of these albums were already high on the list 

notice your two other examples are both barely in the charts while her albums are all in the top 50, despite the red/drop in streams 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

As an another user said earlier, the streaming farms have been commissioned to shift their focus onto a project that requires an inorganic boost.

Being an OTH is really a miserable experience this day, so let it all out :dies: she has the lowest filter rate out of all artists and she is dominating Apple Music and Amazon unlike you fraud and flop fav

• Like 15
  • Thumbs Down 1

The bots she's using are not yet developed enough to stream more than one album at a time.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 15

Comparing with Ariana who's album were doing 2m daily

Taylor albums were doing 5m+ daily

Also TTPD is doing 80m+ daily 

This just tells me how most of them doesn't know simple maths

If she had streaming farms those wouldn't decrease like that :deadbanana4:

• Like 12

You thought you ate with this. Let me just leave it at that 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Its just proving that her fanbase were having streaming farms and when the hype will go down they will spread it to her whole discography again :deadbanana: 

7 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

As an another user said earlier, the streaming farms have been commissioned to shift their focus onto a project that requires an inorganic boost.

1 minute ago, Burn said:

The bots she's using are not yet developed enough to stream more than one album at a time.

So her only GP support (50M daily) is bigger than Ariana (12M) + Beyonce (10M) + Gaga (10M) COMBINED? 

Oh GP's biggest artist Taylor, don't end other artists like that 

gretchen-gifs.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 15
  • Thumbs Down 2

OTHs are truly suffering this day, but still thank you let us know Taylor has so many album charting at the top. Her streaming power is insane

• Like 2

The fanfiction Her haters tell their selves, have fun with that I guess?:bibliahh:still waiting for the numbers OP….

• Haha 1

Her rabid fanbase strategically mass streams a song / an album then brags about nUmBeRs, rEcOrDs and aWaRdS. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

She doesn't need streaming farms when her fans are already looping the songs back and forth. Just further proof that Swifties listen to nothing else but Taylor 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 12

She released 31 new songs and there's only a limited amount of time in a day that you can spend listening to music

By the time Cowboy Carter and Eternal Sunshine came out Renaissance and Positions streams had already more or less hit the lowest point they'll be at, so the only way to go was up.

• Like 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.