1, Taylor Swift, The Tortured Poets Department, 859,000, May 4, 2024
2, Taylor Swift, 1989 (Taylor's Version), 693,000, Nov. 11, 2023
3, Taylor Swift, Midnights, 575,000, Nov. 5, 2022
4, Taylor Swift, Speak Now (Taylor's Version), 268,000, July 22, 2023

whew

• Like 2

:clap3:

• Like 1

This legend once again proves that she's the biggest living artist right now, the most influential and successful artist of the 21st century, and among some of the biggest artists this world has witnessed. She is not a typical pop girly, she's a legend. :clap3:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Treat this woman like the legend that she is :clap3:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, By the Water said:

274k digital sales is crazy :deadbanana4:

110k more than 'Midnights' even tho digital sales keep decreasing very year… :gaycat6:

The fact that its digital first week sales are enough to already make it the best-selling album of the year in pure sales… :gaycat6:

Or the fact that she debuted with almost a million units in digital consumption alone (SEA + TEA + digital album sales)… :gaycat7:

• Like 8

1 million more than midnights... She is insane

859,000 vinyl LPs: 24% higher than 1989tv, 49% higher than midnights

759,500 CDs: 37% higher than 1989tv, 92% higher than midnights

21,500 cassettes: 115% higher than midnights

digital downloads 274,000: 70% higher than midnights

891.37 million streams: 62% higher than midnights, 138% higher than 1989tv

The 1989TV article didn't say how many cassettes/downloads there were.

Interesting that the smallest % increase vs. Midnights was vinyls.

Edited by fridayteenage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad to be alive at the same time as this LEGEND :heart:

• Like 1

This is so unprecedented!  She is reaching these heights 16 years after releasing a diamond record. 

And people thought 1989 (2014) was her peak :fan:

• Like 3

She knows nobody touching her lmao i love her

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

HUGE NUMBERS. :clap3:

thank you taylor for this incredible album, it is a masterpiece :clap3:

• Like 10

Taylor Swift IS the music industry :clap3:

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at these numbers :bibliahh:how tf is she real?? :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm lost for words :jonny6:

I bet the poppier Travis-inspired album that is going to follow next year will be even bigger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The way she keep repeaking, she is insane!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

She knows nobody touching her lmao i love her

thank you Taylor for not calling it 2.6 million "copies" or "sales" the way stan twitter and atrl likes to use interchangebly with SPS. 

11 days till we see what she does with the album on tour.

41 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Assorted achievements:

- Second biggest debut in US history

- Biggest streaming and SEA week in US history (breaking Drake's record from 2018's Scorpion)

- Biggest vinyl week in the Soundscan/Luminate era, breaking her own record from 1989 (Taylor's Version), which broke her own record from Midnights, which broke Harry Styles' record from Harry's House, which broke Taylor's record from Red (Taylor's Version), which broke her own record from Evermore

- Third biggest all-format pure sales week in the Soundscan/Luminate era (behind Adele and *NSYNC)

- Ties for the most #1 albums among solo artists, second most among all artists (14; Jay-Z has 14, the Beatles have 19)

- Extends records for most consecutive studio albums to hit #1 and to debut at #1 (14; Jay-Z is next for both at 11)

- Extends record for most million-selling weeks among all artists (7 weeks; Adele is next at 3 weeks)

- Extends record for most million-selling debuts among all artists (7; *NSYNC, and BSB are next at 2 each, and Eminem has 1 million-selling debut week and another album that sold 1 million in its first full week)

- Extends record for most albums to sell over 500,000 pure copies in a single week in the Soundscan/Luminate era (11; runner-up unclear, but they have 8 or less)

- Extends record as solo artist with the most weeks at #1, second most weeks among all artist (70 weeks; Elvis is next at 67, the Beatles have 132)

- Leads the 2020s decade for the most #1 albums with 8 (Drake is next at 4)

- Breaks tie with Morgan Wallen for most weeks at #1 in the 2020s (30 weeks)

- Taylor now has the four biggest weeks of the 2020s decade and six of the top ten (Adele's 30 is #5)

- She also has the four biggest vinyl weeks of the SoundScan/Luminate era and 6 of the top 10

- TTPD instantly becomes the most-consumed album of the calendar year so far, and #2 in the Billboard chart year behind 1989 (Taylor's Version)

- Taylor has now crossed 13 million album units for the current Billboard chart year, which I believe is already the biggest Billboard year in the Soundscan/Luminate era or the second biggest after her own 2023

completely crazy

also, off topic, but I had no idea Jay-Z had achievements like that. I've always thought of him mostly as Beyoncé's man :deadbanana4: