10% of Americans have 70+ drinks per week.

St. Charles

Even beyond the states, imagine corporations that have a drinking culture, like the mandatory drinking in Korean some companies for example. :chick3:

Edited by HarajukuPrincess

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• St. Charles

• EnigmaticAndroid

• Illuminati

• KFC

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally, don't care for alcohol all that much. It's something I never crave or even thinking about wanting. I haven't even had 15% of that in my lifetime. That's such an insane statistic. :jonny:

i'm glad I very rarely drink alcohol and when I do it's very little but if I got a hand on that bubblegum Vodka I had I probably would drink more :laugh: 

Posted (edited)

That's 10 drinks a day. How do they manage? :hoetenks:

I do drink alcohol, but as I get older I drink less and less. It's not even a goal I set out I just don't get the same kick out of it anymore, and if it's a night out I'd rather spend the money on a nice dinner.

Edited by Life Savers

I don't like the taste of alcohol so I am pretty sure I have not even hit 70 glasses of any kind of alcoholic beverages in my life. :rip: Taxes on alcohols are also very high here, so young people here typically do not have drinking parties anyway.

I am surprised that a significant percentage of respondents are frank enough to say they have 10 alcoholic drinks per day. At the same time, the percentage of people  having 0 to 1 drinks per week is suspiciously high.

That's insane, I am a functioning alcoholic and I don't even drink that much. :rip: pretty sure these stats are inaccurate anyway

• Like 2

10 drinks a day? :deadbanana2:

That Sucks Bad Luck GIF

8 hours ago, KFC said:

That's insane, I am a functioning alcoholic and I don't even drink that much. :rip: pretty sure these stats are inaccurate anyway

I don't think it can be measured accurately. Like what counts as a drink? A shot? Half a glass of wine? A beer bottle? A strong cocktail? :thing: I don't imagine people drink 10 long island ice teas every day

I believe it

giphy.gif

I've lived in the States on three separate occasions, working for Walt Disney World doing something called the Cultural Representative Program. And if anyone else has done this program in particular, it certainly could be accurate drinking 70 drinks a week. :skull: I know Gen Z have I guess a more "head screwed on" attitude to drinking, but the culture on that program (during the same) and I guess some college cultures in the past too was going out nearly every night of the week.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:23 PM, .Odyssey. said:

I truly believe we're at a cultural turning point with alcohol and in 10-20 years it'll be viewed through the lens that cigarettes are. 

I believe this as well, a lot of young people around me are either sober, sober-curious, or at least more mindful of their alcohol consumption. I'm sober myself and have no issues hanging out with my friends, nobody my age is weird about it. Boomers are, however. 

10 hours ago, KFC said:

so what's your number tbh? 

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

I don't think it can be measured accurately. Like what counts as a drink? A shot? Half a glass of wine? A beer bottle? A strong cocktail? :thing: I don't imagine people drink 10 long island ice teas every day

And also this, like the anxiety/guilt one feels from just having one glass of wine a day is a bit much :emofish:

47 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

so what's your number tbh? 

In a good week I will have one per day during the week and then maybe 20-30 over the weekend? 

Bad week maybe 3 per day during the week 

1 hour ago, KFC said:

In a good week I will have one per day during the week and then maybe 20-30 over the weekend? 

Bad week maybe 3 per day during the week 

bestie it's the weekends ******* you up, but at least you know, I don't think a drink or two during the week a day should be judged so harshly tho. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.