Is autoplay the new stan conspiracy theory?

glitch

I keep seeing people saying current big hits are only smashing because of autoplay. However, no one seems to be able to produce any actual evidence that this is happening.

Kinda feels like it's become a stan conspiracy theory - "Oh I don't like this song, so surely the only way it's smashing is because of autoplay"

source.gif

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fleahive

• Poptart89

• Jay07

• liquiddiamonds

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but even as a stan, Sabrina doesn't seem big enough to be pulling these numbers immediately

Then again, she's bigger than Olivia was pre-Driver's Licence, so maybe it is legit.

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Auto play exists. It's a fact everyone can see. 

The annoying part is the becames something strange or payola when It's someone you don't like It to receive it. 

To the point a song becames a hit only for that. It's just a push as many others and all your faves, if they are Major artists with major labels have been pushed with these strategies at some point in their career when was their time.

If people don't like a Song won't became a hit in the long term. More than this if people don't like an artist won't became successfull because of this. 

• Like 2

It's the new payola. Just a vague accusation with nothing to back it up to throw around when someone you dislike is smashing.

• Like 4

People had no issue with Olivia Rodrigo's debut single doing 15m daily streams, so I don't see why they care about Sabrina's.

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

It's the new payola. Just a vague accusation with nothing to back it up to throw around when someone you dislike is smashing.

BY randomly keeps losing and gaining in million that too on Monday

Yeah sure organic

Ridiculous claim. I don't even stan Sabrina, but Nonsense autoplay happened years ago and lasted for like a week. Guess what the song still stuck around after it. It's sticking around right now even with two other proper singles getting the push. The upward stream trend of her last album tells us that real people are checking her stuff out. 

By the way I know of zero people that has this setting turned on, but that's anecdotal. They can still skip the song

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

People had no issue with Olivia Rodrigo's debut single doing 15m daily streams, so I don't see why they care about Sabrina's.

We definitely did

3 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

They can still skip the song

This is what I'm thinking. Even it were the case that certain songs were being pushed using autoplay, no one is making you listen all the way through. If people don't like the song they'd just skip it :toofunny2:

• Like 2

I saw this floating around twitter too:

Is it just me that kinda don't give af??? Like the song is great, it's doing 1m+ in the UK and that cannot just be autoplay it's silly to think so, people are obviously connecting to it and if her label finally gave her a lil bit of investment and a gentle helping hand in making people hear the song for the first time it's up to the consumer whether they repeat streaming it. She's on her 6th(?) album anyway let her have a bit of autoplay 🤣

Aside that tho, the song is doing great on Tiktok, really clever to do the "I'm working late, cos I'm a singerrr" line cos now every singer is using it and the reach has increased dramatically 

• Haha 4

It's as real as Britney's radio ban. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

the real crime is why do people have the autoplay feature on, it's the most annoying thing ever:dies:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it's so dumb- maybe people just like a song? espresso is fun and catchy, ofc people are streaming :ihype:

• Like 1

No? It's also very easy to spot. Why do you think many songs see a big surge then an unusual big drop after a week or so?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

no, it's a real thing

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wigglytuffer said:

I saw this floating around twitter too:

omg what is this???? :bibliahh:

It is real, I've experienced first hand…. Good for Ms Sabrina, but I can't deny the tactics …

Edited by mael

Like every big song gets its time on the autoplay algorithm….. then after about a week, it moves on to the next song. And the song just goes on and continues to grow as it was doing before hand. It's not some big GOTCHA moment.

aside anyone arguing that espresso isn't a smash should step outside, check Twitter, IG reels, tiktok…. It's everywhere and if that makes you mad, you better find a way to get over it bc it's not going anywhere for a while.

Edited by Khamis
  • Like 1

Some people here believe that being on the cover of Today's Top Hits will increase your streams. 

• Haha 2

It's definitely a thing, but people overrate its influence. It can't make a song a smash, it just puts the song onto more people's radar (like radio ig). The people still choose whether it becomes a huge hit or not. 

Only when it helps the artist I don't like! :heart:

Um it's a real thing. When u keep hitting next after a song u chose plays and it's the same song by a big artist . Happened with Flowers, dua lipa, beyonce , Texas song. The flowers I could not get rid of it constantly coming up

17 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Some people here believe that being on the cover of Today's Top Hits will increase your streams. 

It kills me how some people here thinks that everyone plays TTH religiously every day and every song at least in the top 20. Always a kii

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.