Can Lisa become the female counter part of Jungcook in the US?

duybeeGAshantiGA

Or a MPG in general? 

Or at least become the female Jungcook in the US and WW? 

What do you see as a possibility for Lisa now she goes solo and gets signed to RCA. 

She created her own Label LLOUD that also signed a special deal with RCA to distribute her music. 

Mind you she is the biggest Kpop female solo act globally atm. 

Money will hit 1B on Youtube soon. 

Money is the biggest solo song by a female Kpop artist ever with 1.1B streams WW.

She is also the first and only female solo artist from Kpop to win a VMA and an EMA.

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saintlor

• 40_L3VE

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• Adama

Top Posters In This Topic

Take my opinion loosely because I don't follow kpop anymore

But she (and BP) doesn't feel anywhere near as famous in the west as they did 5 years ago.

I think it's a bit too late and the hype has gone.

Back then, it really did seem promising that she could be a huge MPG 

I also don't think how much she wears blue contacts would be perceived well by the US GP

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 4

If anyone that would be MPG in BP, it would only be the one and only Jennie Kim. 

I simply don't see it for Lisa as in term of music. She could still be a big celebrity though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Certainly not with horrid songs like Lalisa and Money 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

If she gets a good A&R, she'll be unstoppable

she not the beyonce of the group

• Like 1

There's not enough talent on her behalf. Looks can only get you so far 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Shendelzare said:

she not the beyonce of the group

19 minutes ago, Flower said:

If anyone that would be MPG in BP, it would only be the one and only Jennie Kim. 

I simply don't see it for Lisa as in term of music. She could still be a big celebrity though.

Oh so explain why the Beyonce of the group ala Jennie Kim isnt the most popular member globally? Was Kelly Rowland or Michelle or Letota more popular then Beyonce lmao?

No, its too late. That ship has sailed. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Oh so explain why the Beyonce of the group ala Jennie Kim isnt the most popular member globally? Was Kelly Rowland or Michelle or Letota more popular then Beyonce lmao?

Lisa has more followers because of European beauty standards and racism being rampant throughout the world. Based on how she looks in her music videos, the average western person wouldn't know she's Thai and she looks the least Asian by far out of BP.

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Lisa has more followers because of European beauty standards and racism being rampant throughout the world. The average western person wouldn't know she's Thai and she looks the least Asian by far out of BP.

So yeah... still doesnt change the fact that she is the most popular member :skull:

She needs better songs 

34 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I did say she could still be a big celebrity, but musically I just don't see it for her :michael: she is very good at dancing yes but she can barely sing and her rapper isn't that good either. Also I am not sure if she wants to be a MPG. If she's only in it for the money and fame, she easily just keep doing sponsors and covers, or maybe even acting. Her next comeback will determine if Money was a fluke or not. 

Jennie, on the other hand. already release a few features after creating her own label and seems like she will be very active, and her album hasn't even come out, which will be later this year. There's a clear path of her of at least becoming moderately successful in west if she tries. I believe Jennie has a vision with her music and really wants to do something with music and being mainstream, and I believe her.  Her greedy is coming :gaycat1:

:clack:

• Like 1

No

Jungkook is too huge as a Korean soloist in US:fan:

she could compete with Jimin instead:coffee2:

It depends on her musical output and if she could have a good A&R

why compare her with jungkook when the only achievement he has are fake payola'd autoplay streams from his manager scooter braun? :deadbanana:

jungkook is literally unknown in the west be so fr

Jennie and Lisa both has huge chance to be main pop girls but they really gotta play their cards right

Rosé too but idk she's been serving artsy fartsy lately not mpg-ish songs

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Thumbs Down 2

She doesn't have the music

She can't sing

She has no artistic integrity 

Nor does she has any control over her artistic trajectory 

Sure she looks like a supermodel and can dance, there's that

She already got the coins, and that itself a blow to other hardworking talented musicians

• Like 1

jungkook company is exposed of payola and other illegal activities like buying awards, playlisting, asking for favors. so his fame isnt organic. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

why compare her with jungkook when the only achievement he has are fake payola'd autoplay streams from his manager scooter braun? :deadbanana:

jungkook is literally unknown in the west be so fr

Jennie and Lisa both has huge chance to be main pop girls but they really gotta play their cards right

Rosé too but idk she's been serving artsy fartsy lately not mpg-ish songs

Money is the song with mass loop & payola autoplay streams. :celestial6:

Imagine having a 1 billion+ streams but with > 58% filter rate:rip:

Seven can't compete :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, TrieLz said:

Money is the song with mass loop & payola autoplay streams. :celestial6:

Imagine having a 1 billion+ streams but with > 58% filter rate:rip:

Seven can't compete :jonnycat:

sorry but Min Hee Jin's exposé about HYBE payola just this week no one is taking any of the BTS' streams and sales seriously :lmao:  (not that anyone took them seriously before :rip: ) 

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

No :heart2: and she certainly will never outsing/dance/rap Jungkook either, hope that helps :heart2:

Edited by smates
  • Like 2

She's passable as a BP member, but if she were to go this hip hop inspired route for her solo stuff beyond a single or two it'd feel extremely cringe for american audiences and it wouldn't break past the k-pop/blackpink bubble, just like LaLisa and Money didn't. They are huge songs inside the niche, don't get me wrong, but Jungkook kinda popped the bubble with Seven. 

I think the BP girls waited too much for a solo career and they will have decent, but smaller sized solo career/ compared to their group stuff. There was a point I could have seen Lisa and Rose becoming bigger than the brand, but not today. Jeannie may still surprise 

• Thanks 1

The US is a very, very hard market to breakthrough… 

The problem is the music and the demand. She excel in the K-pop rap genre, but IDK if it's going to work with the US audience?

She has a big fan base, she can dance, is pretty and have RCA/SONY behind her so she might have a chance.

Furthermore, she needs to drop another song like money feat, a trendy rapper but with lyrics less cringe (and without the appropriation). But then will POP radios plays her music? 

Unlikely. Too many things stacked against her.

She can't sing.

If she tries rapping, all the other rapgirl fanbases are going to come after her.

She's Asian.

She's going to be kind of "old" by the time she's going to make her (real) debut.

She has a very dedicated fanbase and the numbers are going to be good, but she won't be mainstream mainstream.

Jungkook isn't mainstream or even close to it either and he has much better odds.

Edited by 40_L3VE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.