• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nooniebao

• Ethereal

• Cap87

• popularmoonlight

39 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

It's doing very well on Apple Music and ITunes where you have to buy the music

Stop using iTunes as a source of "it'e doing well, people are buying it". It probably sold 10 copies (including global sales) there :toofunny2:

So I have a bit of an obsession with track listings and since Normani was so often compared to Beyonce in the past, I decided to rearrange the Dopamine tracklist plus some other songs to mimic Dangerously in Love trying to match the different sounds and vibes, don't drag me please this is just for fun :rip: but I think this actually works quite well as a more 'pop' alternate universe version of the album

1. Motivation = Crazy in Love

2. Take My Time = Naughty Girl (disco influence)

3. Checklist = Baby Boy

4. Candy Paint = Hip Hop Star

5. Wild Side = Be With You

6. Fair = Me, Myself & I

7. Insomnia = Yes

8. All Yours = Signs

9. Lights On = Speechless

10. 1:59 = That's How You Like It

11. Tantrums = The Closer I Get to You feat. Luther Vandross :rip:

12. Distance = Dangerously in Love

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Stop using iTunes as a source of "it'e doing well, people are buying it". It probably sold 10 copies (including global sales) there :toofunny2:

It currently stable on Apple Music and ITunes thanks to good album with good word of mouth and she's trending on Twitter. 

You do not get more legit than people choosing to spend their hard earned money on your project, and it actually puts money in the artist pocket unlike streaming.

• Like 2

idec to argue over the commercial performance of the album, i just wanted the damn album atp  :deadbanana4:

• Like 12

This is a solid debut album. still is gonna be in my rotation :katie2:

• Like 1

Imagine if she secretly filmed a music video for each song (big boy bring the last and most recent) and releases them all next week lol we only can wish right haha

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

I'm only agreeing with you because I have seen some people post ridiculous first week predictions based on the itunes stats, I'm sure others are going to use to call Normani fans delusional once the real numbers come out. itunes is pretty much dead in 2024.

We're in the streaming era and you (general you) can hate it all you want, but streaming is a more accurate reflection of an album's reach and popularity these days.

Glad she's doing well on AM. A bit disappointed she isn't doing well on Spotify.

I like numbers and charts, but they don't alter my opinion about this album. It's good and deserves more recognition.

Hopefully, Normani doesn't let herself get deterred by numbers and naysayers either. She needs to keep pushing. Keep promoting. Keep putting herself and this project out there.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, scrltwtch said:

1.77 million actually…i'm not surprised at all by mani's numbers and we've been saying this was going to be result. she really just needs to WORK the album for a year and it'll grow on itself

Imagine if she put have mercy or treat me on it

Listen... Tommy Brown is not a good producer and the album suffers from that. It's solid but a lot of it could be way better and more memorable with different production. Very cohesive, but not very interesting. I definitely tuned out after Grip.

Btw I cannot believe this dropped without visuals. RCA is a mess. And 1:59 instead of All Yours as the lead is a crime 

• Thumbs Down 3

The Brandy layers in Insomnia, whew :flame:

Should have been fully (feat. Brandy)

• Like 1

They really should have pushed All Yours as the lead single. that would have been a nice urban radio and AM hit with a decent push and a visual. That and Insomnia as the 2nd single.

It would have been a moderate successfully era in America.

this type of music was never going to do anything on Spotify tho. Like, regardless of the disastrous rollout, even Wild Side struggled there.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

They really should have pushed All Yours as the lead single. that would have been a nice urban radio and AM hit with a decent push and a visual. That and Insomnia as the 2nd single.

I believe the lead single was entirely Normani's choice since she really loves that song. Whilst it is excellent, there are much stronger tracks on the album, like All Yours, which should have been promoted instead. At this point, I feel her team or management shouldn't give her as much creative freedom. There's no way a label executive thought 1:59 would work better as the lead single than All Yours.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

I believe the lead single was entirely Normani's choice since she really loves that song. Whilst it is excellent, there are much stronger tracks on the album, like All Yours, which should have been promoted instead. At this point, I feel her team or management shouldn't give her as much creative freedom. There's no way a label executive thought 1:59 would work better as the lead single than All Yours.

yeah she's completely clueless and out of touch, we been knew.

• Like 1

My tracklist 

1- Candy Paint

2- Wild Side

3- All Yours

4- Grip (with a rapper)

5- Insomnia (Brandy duet)

6- Take My Time

7- Big Boy 

8- 1:59

9- Lights On

10- Tantrums

Still, Distance, LS are honestly not needed. She needed some stronger songs in there, cause even in my trimmed tracklist, there are not enough standouts

• Thumbs Down 2

4 hours ago, Ethereal said:

Hearing it within the album is great but there's like 5 other songs that would have made better singles :laugh:

Lights on is so good and would have made a great single if she wanted a more r&b song.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 40_L3VE said:

I'm only agreeing with you because I have seen some people post ridiculous first week predictions based on the itunes stats, I'm sure others are going to use to call Normani fans delusional once the real numbers come out. itunes is pretty much dead in 2024.

We're in the streaming era and you (general you) can hate it all you want, but streaming is a more accurate reflection of an album's reach and popularity these days.

Glad she's doing well on AM. A bit disappointed she isn't doing well on Spotify.

I like numbers and charts, but they don't alter my opinion about this album. It's good and deserves more recognition.

Hopefully, Normani doesn't let herself get deterred by numbers and naysayers either. She needs to keep pushing. Keep promoting. Keep putting herself and this project out there.

The album is currently stable on Apple music and Itunes where folks are buying the music with their money.  The album have good word of mouth which will give the album longevity.

Still holding up strong with folks buying with their money.

19 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

The album is currently stable on Apple music and Itunes where folks are buying the music with their money.  The album have good word of mouth which will give the album longevity.

No need to copy paste one of your previous posts. I hope the ten copies sold on iKoons bring food on the table. 

20 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

No need to copy paste one of your previous posts. I hope the ten copies sold on iKoons bring food on the table. 

Normani and the album are trending on Twitter.  The good reviews are leading folks to want to listen to the album with their hard earned money.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

Normani and the album are trending on Twitter.  The good reviews are leading folks to want to listen to the album with their hard earned money.

You're kind of giving delusional. No offense 

13 minutes ago, Cap87 said:

Amazing. Can't wait for the first week numbers 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.