Why is B'Day overlooked compared to Beyonce's other albums?

Josh

This is better than I Am...Filler. Also Irreplaceable, Beautiful Liar are some of her signature singles and much better than the popular annoying ones like Halo & Single Ladies

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• bielneira

• Kimi

• Fleahive

Top Posters In This Topic

It's decent, and definitely better than 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' and 'Dangerously In Love'.

LZBVHPa.gif

cause what's there to talk about? there's no narrative around it, even the name makes no sense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

It's top 3 in her discography, idk why its so underrated and overlooked when it has so many bops :biblionny:

Beautiful Liar, Irreplaceable, Green Light, Kitty Kat, Upgrade U, WWW, Get Me Bodied, Freakum Dress, Deja Vu, Ring The Alarm, Check On It

WHEW she really ATE on B-Day

power-influence.gif

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Kimi said:

cause what's there to talk about? there's no narrative around it, even the name makes no sense 

What's the narrative to talk about regarding Dangerously Dull or I Am...Filler

It just didn't perform as well as her 1st and 3rd albums so the GP ignores it. It's quite coveted within the Hive. 

• Like 1

Just now, rebeltwat said:

It just didn't perform as well as her 1st and 3rd albums so the GP ignores it. It's quite coveted within the Hive. 

Why do they like I Am...Filler though? it's bottom of the barrel

12 minutes ago, bielneira said:

It's decent, and definitely better than 'I Am...Sasha Fierce' and 'Dangerously In Love'.

LZBVHPa.gif

Let's not be delusional. It's not clearing DIL 

Edited by King_Lonnie

I don't know, it's bops on bops. In fact I was thinking that I wish she made an album of simple bops like this again. I love the music she makes now but sometimes it's too heavy to just put on.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I don't know, it's bops on bops. In fact I was thinking that I wish she made an album of simple bops like this again. I love the music she makes now but sometimes it's too heavy to just put on.

B'Day is the only album of hers that you can put any song on and not be bored. It's a carefree album compared to her others

• Like 8

As her music has become more meaningful her nonsense lyric bangers are viewed as less than desirable by critics and fans that prefer a deep "body of work".

Also Dangerously In Love is better but y'all still like to pretend it's not cause you can't handle solid R&B. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Fleahive said:

As her music has become more meaningful her nonsense lyric bangers are viewed as less than desirable by critics and fans that prefer a deep "body of work".

Also Dangerously In Love is better but y'all still like to pretend it's not cause you can't handle solid R&B. 

Beyond the singles what's there to like about the album? It's boring and clearly a product of the 2000's

Edited by Josh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, King_Lonnie said:

Let's not be delusional. It's not clearing DIL 

Sorry, but I don't see what people see on that album. Besides the singles and the title track, that album is mid to me. Literally, 5 out of 10 I'm afraid.

LZBVHPa.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Beyond the singles what's there to like about the album?

Oh, I'm not alone!

LZBVHPa.gif

• Like 1

Just now, bielneira said:

Sorry, but I don't see what people see on that album. Besides the singles and the title track, that album is mid to me. Literally, 5 out of 10 I'm afraid.

LZBVHPa.gif

Crazy in Love doesn't even fit the pure R&B of the album tracks

Just now, bielneira said:

Oh, I'm not alone!

LZBVHPa.gif

It's not called Dangerously Dull for a reason LZBVHPa.gif

Just now, Josh said:

Beyond the singles what's there to like about the album? It's boring and clearly a product of the 2000's

Relisten to Speechless & Yes and come back to me. If you're not into slow R&B jams with a strong vocal finish then you won't like it but those songs are career HIGHLIGHTS.

Signs I used to hate but it became a trend on tiktok at some point and now I love it.

Dangerously In Love is still to this date her best ballad.

The 4 singles are a STOMP

The Closer I Get To You is a cute duet with an absolute LEGEND.

That leaves Hip Hop Star, Zaddy, & Thats How You Like It. These range from meh to cringe but they're not unlistenable except Zaddy I guess. 

B'day is great but track for track loses every time except against the 3 skippable songs I mentioned. 

Kitty Kat the masterpiece that you are :gaycat1:

• Like 1

Oh and the mixing on this album is terrible. At least on spotify. Sounds like it was recorded with a cheap microphone in a shady studio. The bass isn't bassing like it should be either. 

• Like 1

Not by me :alexz3:

The standard edition is pop perfection!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

its kinda her best album, maybe second to 4. apart from the few cynical hit chasing moments (beautiful liar, irreplaceable, deja vu copy pasting crazy in love, 4 has similar weak moments), its tight, has a strong musical POV/identity, and aged well.

• Like 1

Dangerously in love was her iconic debut and has the signature hit crazy in love, I am Sasha fierce, though pales in comparison but was her commercial peak , 4 was the beginning of her quality over charts journey. B'day tend to get lost in all of this because it has no significant impact in Beyonce story compare to others . 

Bffr it's far from underrated. If anything, some of the most annoying hive members and casual fans overhype it to the heavens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.