Why is B'Day overlooked compared to Beyonce's other albums?

Josh

actual beyhive know this is top 3 beyonce albums and even her best depending on the day. trust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• bielneira

• Kimi

• Fleahive

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Kimi said:

even the name makes no sense 

what part do you have trouble with ? cause even a child would understand the title :rip:

OT : how is it underrated when SO many (mainly old people) swear it's her best album and would sell their first born to get anything like it again ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carla Rosón said:

Bffr it's far from underrated. If anything, some of the most annoying hive members and casual fans overhype it to the heavens.

this

This and 4 are her best albums. Both are commercial slumps but both deserved so much better.

I remember tuning in to MTV before and waiting for Deja Vu and Ring The Alarm music videos. They were great moments!

8 hours ago, Josh said:

What's the narrative to talk about regarding Dangerously Dull or I Am...Filler

introducing her as a solo act + crazy in love 

commercial peak 

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

what part do you have trouble with ? cause even a child would understand the title :rip:

it makes no sense as an album title, it tells us nothing about it, the concept is not interesting. that's why it's forgotten 

4 hours ago, Kimi said:

it makes no sense as an album title, it tells us nothing about it, the concept is not interesting. that's why it's forgotten 

congrats on having the comprehension skills of a 5 year old ig :rip:

I feel like it's the most "Beyoncé" album. Personally, there's just something really spectacular about this album and the overall era. This was such a fantastic moment to be a fan. And though she had always excelled in her craft up to this point, this album definitely marked a shift of some kind—in my opinion. This is when she truly started to become "Beyoncé."

I prefer the Deluxe Edition reissue over the standard version. I remember loving the original release, but the reissue is just perfection, especially with the inclusion of "Beautiful Liar." I feel like it's that type of album in an artist's discography that you have to like the very core of that artist to love. It's the album I would select if someone wanted to listen to the most "Beyoncé" Beyoncé album.

serious answer is the classic in album that are less cultural appeal than CIL, SL, DIL, formation or even RTW, which represents what listeners wanted from beyonce over recurrent bops.

• irreplaceable can be random hit to anyone else, the 'bandage' hit for the era.
  • ring the alarm is pure noise so as remixes
  • deja vu also pure noise
  • get me bodied never see the light of a day and rightfully so

Upgrade U went viral at one point before pandemic but they never capitalize it, her visual video compilation makes sense for the whole body of work tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.