Songs that were ruined for you by real-world events

sunbathinganimal

Fallin by Alicia Keys and I'm Real Remix by JLo. They were massive during 9/11 attacks and they just never felt right after that 

• Like 1

I don't love this song, but when I hear Closer by The Chainsmokers and Halsey, I associate it with Donald Trump winning the electoral college, as it was #1 song on the Hot 100 at the time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goldenrainbow222 said:

This didn't ruin the song for me per se but it did ruin Kesha's prominence on the charts. This was number one on pop radio that week and then completely plummeted following the tragic Sandy Hook shooting.

For me, it's another Kesha song, Tik Tok. I can't listen to that song in the same way with the recent news about P Diddy.

3 hours ago, sunbathinganimal said:

a similar thing once happened to me too sis, haven't been able to listen to the artist's music since :gaycat6:

a re-release is necessary

Supposed my girls have their anthem Electro World being placed on a Aryan Classics Playlist. Hence why literal neo-Nazis from Tik Tok are in the new comments of this very video trying to claim it. 

I used We no speak Americano by Yolanda as my alarm clock and now I rush to turn it off if it comes on shuffle. 

I Kissed A Girl & Since U Been Gone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.