Katy Perry confirms LU KALA (Dr. Luke artist) wrote on KP6

Alex

3 minutes ago, Junipero said:

According to another user here, Amigo is distributed by Sony.

Amigo Records is quite literally "a division of Republic Records".

It is the A&R and production arm of Prescription Songs, so any of its artists that had existing deals with other labels are still under those deals, even if Amigo Records oversees their music output.

All new signings go through Republic Records or one of its sister labels. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BryceG

• gettsleazy

• Daglazzo

• Communion

3 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Amigo Records is quite literally "a division of Republic Records".

It is the A&R and production arm of Prescription Songs, so any of its artists that had existing deals with other labels are still under those deals, even if Amigo Records oversees their music output.

All new signings go through Republic Records or one of its sister labels. 

I looked it up, my understanding was that Amigo Records was distributed by Sony; Amigo is owned partly by Republic Records. Republic Records and Amigo are distributed by UMG. There is a difference between a record label and a distributor.

Sorry, I was reading the other persons posts. However, I heard Lu Kala distributes some of her music under AWAL(which is distributed by Sony).

1 minute ago, Junipero said:

Sorry, I was reading the other persons posts. However, I heard Lu Kala distributes some of her music under AWAL(which is distributed by Sony).

She was under AWAL but I believe she's now solely under Amigo via Republic/UMG in all markets except Canada for all new music coming out. 

Do you think Katy will move over to Amigo?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

She needs to have a hit album first if she wants to move anywhere (or stay at Capitol)

Having a hit album means better negotiations

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

Katy has never been signed directly under Luke's label

Edited by GardenPanty

32 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

Katy has never been signed directly under Luke's label

Yes, I meant do you think she'll move over from Capitol to Amigo for the new album, or perhaps do a shared release? Imagine if her album had the full force of Amigo+Prescription+Republic+Capitol all working together.

Why does every Katy Perry thread have to be turned into a Harvard University lecture? 99% of people do not care about who's signed to who and what label is technically under the umbrella of which company and all of that music industry mumbo jumbo. I never see anyone else's releases have as much investigation into the origin of the project as what happens when it comes to Katy. Just admit y'all love digging deep for any excuse to drag her at this point.

Whatever happened to just listening to the music and forming an opinion then?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I expect she worked with him too for this album? Now the Kesha case is settled there's less push back for her to. 

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Why does every Katy Perry thread have to be turned into a Harvard University lecture? 99% of people do not care about who's signed to who and what label is technically under the umbrella of which company and all of that music industry mumbo jumbo. I never see anyone else's releases have as much investigation into the origin of the project as what happens when it comes to Katy. Just admit y'all love digging deep for any excuse to drag her at this point.

Whatever happened to just listening to the music and forming an opinion then?

It's always the same three users who always claim the same in a Katy thread :rip: They should start a new basis thread to discuss everything related to that dated producer.

OT: It's over for her if it's true. I'll believe it when she announce it. 

On 4/23/2024 at 4:11 PM, Lose My Breath said:

Honestly, she might as well go back to Dr. Luke if she wants to, she doesn't have anything else to lose when it comes to her music

:rip:

• Haha 5

But I wanted another rock album from her :'(

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:11 AM, AbeHicks said:

Their one purpose is to throw hate at anyone who they perceive to be Kesha's enemy

Dr. Luke is far from being her 'enemy'. Dr. Luke did SA to her, it's not a 'perception' from her stans, it's her own words. They have their very own right to dislike posts praising a rap*.st :coffee2:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 4/24/2024 at 9:27 AM, 808dream said:

Max Martin! Max Martin! Max Martin! 

spacer.png

Max was the main producer on Witness & we know how that turned out… :suburban:

If she wants to revive what's left of her career, she needs something fresh for once. Plus, is it even feasible for her label to hire him at this point? I don't think so after how poorly Smile performed and she only went downhill since then 

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

If she wants to revive what's left of her career, she needs something fresh for once. Plus, is it even feasible for her label to hire him at this point? I don't think so after how poorly Smile performed and she only went downhill since then 

name a A-list artist from Capitol real quick:gaycat5:

28 minutes ago, CameraFlashes said:

name a A-list artist from Capitol real quick:gaycat5:

Paul McCartney, Halsey, Coldplay…

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

Halsey is not at capitol anymore, Paul hasn't released anything in 200 years and coldplay is on tour for the past 10 years

3 hours ago, cryaboutitNow said:

Halsey is not at capitol anymore, Paul hasn't released anything in 200 years and coldplay is on tour for the past 10 years

Coldplay are signed to Parlophone actually.

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

Coldplay are signed to Parlophone actually.

Parlophone was part of UMG when they signed. Now it is WMG.

The gays cry about the dumbest crap here but are rejoicing she's working with an ******* rapist? Not shocking at all 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BryceG said:

Parlophone was part of UMG when they signed. Now it is WMG.

It was part of EMI, which got sold to UMG. But in order to complete the transaction, they were obligated to divest the group and sell some companies. That's how Warner got their hands on Parlophone. Anyway, my overall point is that Capitol was just a distributor, Coldplay are not reaaaally part of the roster.

Edited by gustavothehuman

20 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

I've always thought the issue with smile wasn't actually the music, but that's just my opinion. 

Charts, flops and sales apart personally I've always LOVED to bits what they've done together so I'm expecting things as enjoyable as those songs I totally adore 😉

• Like 1

Hope they serve pop rock, this is really the only thing dr puke is good at beside assault

• Like 2

that means Dr. Luke is involved in KP6. she's so back :jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.