Katy Perry confirms LU KALA (Dr. Luke artist) wrote on KP6

Alex

20 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

Did you ever see the post? or you just read it/saw a screenshoot on twitter?

Girl it's literally still up on her thread on PopJustice. Worms. :rip:

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BryceG

• gettsleazy

• Daglazzo

• Communion

I can't wait for Queen Katy's new single!! I'm excited and is rumored to be released next month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Communion said:

An insider on PopJustice confirming she's "recorded lots" with Luke. :rip: She's an idiot.

I don't think she's an idiot.

This is exactly the album her fans and pop music wants, whether they know that yet or not. 

I know the analogy of On The Floor is overused but that is the perfect comparison. 

This album will steer and shape the next 15 years for Katy, and she wanted her mentor who is also the husband of one of her best friends involved.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

She's gross

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Communion said:

Dr. Luke hasn't had a hit with a pop girl attached to it in nearly a decade. This idea he is some revitalized and vindicated hit maker is idiotic. He's a washed up rapist, with half of his hits in the last 5 years coming from someone who fought to keep him off her album despite literally being the one to sign her. :rip:

My friend...

Sit down for this one...

He...

is...

the in-house A&R creative director...

of Republic Records pop and hip-hop...

And so has worked on every major pop and hip-hop release since summer 2022...

Songs come in...

Sometimes tweaks are made...

Sometimes its just recommendations...

Sometimes no changes are made...

But it is basically ghost work...

Invisible consulting...

In the shadows...

But openly...

And UMG pays him to do it...

And so...

Well...

It means...

https://www.republicrecords.com/artists/

One down, four across...

:(

• Haha 2

The...

fan...

fiction...

:suburban:

• Haha 11

Perhaps some Katy Cats can shed some light, is the tracked called "Who's Gonna?"

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BryceG said:

the in-house A&R creative director...

Genuinely curious what intentions could drive someone to post online with the tone of hoping to appear as an insider - you could have knowledge of this! - but doing so only to run cover for a man accused of rape and who has mistreated female artists for two decades now. 

Lots of people can do research. PR about how RX is a company led by ~young millennial women~ (including an operations manager who has said job because she's the wife of Luke's long-time engineer - progressive!) doesn't work when done for the benefit of a violent misogynist. 

Are ~millennial women~ like Shari or Jillian being the faces of the company and who get to claim they develop artists like Lu Kala or SnowWife somehow meant to change the reality that their checks are signed by a man who has terrorized female artists his whole career?

You similarly tried to claim Dr. Luke would be on eternal sunshine via this same claim he'd be A&R'ing her records despite neither claim coming to fruition. Let alone the very real difference between Katy actively courting him again and you somehow trying to indict anyone who is signed to a label apparently now wanting to give him money for work of no connection to them. 

If a friend worked for a publication like Rolling Stone, should I DM them this thread to look into your claims that Dr. Luke is this key player from the shadows once again and the ethics of Republic rewarding a rapist with millions?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 7

If Luke had that much pull at Republic … he would have signed Lu Kala :clown:

He has a first look deal with them aka they sign some of the Amigo artists and that's it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, bearman said:

If Luke had that much pull at Republic … he would have signed Lu Kala :clown:

He has a first look deal with them aka they sign some of the Amigo artists and that's it. 

You are talking about stuff you know **** all about.

Lu Kala is a Canadian artist, so is signed through a Canadian outfit for various beneficial reasons (it is called You Are Hear) that came with a first-look deal with Sony Music globally, which they took up. Republic Records co-owns Amigo Records so is involved through that, but the music is distributed and marketed by Sony label AWAL.

Otherwise, all Amigo artists are Republic Records artists for marketing and distribution, in a 50:50 deal with Dr Luke.

11 minutes ago, BryceG said:

You are talking about stuff you know **** all about.

Lu Kala is a Canadian artist, so is signed through a Canadian outfit for various beneficial reasons (it is called You Are Hear) that came with a first-look deal with Sony Music globally, which they took up. Republic Records co-owns Amigo Records so is involved through that, but the music is distributed and marketed by Sony label AWAL.

Otherwise, all Amigo artists are Republic Records artists for marketing and distribution, in a 50:50 deal with Dr Luke.

Stop please this doesn't make any sense. So basically Lu Kala is signed to Sony but gets distributed by AWAL and is somehow also part of Republic.

#StopTheFanFic

Edited by bearman
  • Haha 2

Just now, bearman said:

Stop please this doesn't make any sense. 

What doesn't make sense?

32 minutes ago, bearman said:

Stop please this doesn't make any sense. So basically Lu Kala is signed to Sony but gets distributed by AWAL and is somehow also part of Republic.

#StopTheFanFic

Lu Kala is an Amigo Records artist who has a Canadian record deal with You Are Hear that has a Sony Music deal through their acquisition of AWAL. Amigo is co-owned by Dr Luke and Republic Records. That's why it says "Amigo Records – a division of Republic Records" in press releases. I'm not entirely sure what you find confusing.

If you want to know the weeds of it all, when Dr Luke put Lu Kala through You Are Hear in Canada, he never thought AWAL would take up their option, because AWAL was owned by Dr Luke's publishing administrators Kobalt. But AWAL was then sold to Sony Music, who did take up the option. Dr Luke isn't fussed either way but it's why Lu Kala is overseen by say Ministry of Sound in the UK (same team as Doja Cat if you care). But she is still an Amigo Records artist. End of story.

@bearman

Correction 1: Dr Luke and Republic Records bought out the AWAL deal last year. She's solely under Amigo Records now, except for Canada, where she is under You Are Hear.

Correction 2: AWAL were involved prior to 2021 but via Kobalt. When Sony bought AWAL from Kobalt, Dr Luke did care, and that's why she's moved over to Amigo Records fully, sans Canada.

Edited by BryceG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

Perhaps some Katy Cats can shed some light, is the tracked called "Who's Gonna?"

It's not.

"Who's Gonna" is the name of Lu Kala's new single.

3 minutes ago, BryceG said:

Possible title: Who's Gonna

Possible producer: Dr Luke

Confirmed co-writer: Lu Kala

Anyone else got any other insights?

Do they hold women empowerment events at the LA office for RX Songs? Does Ashlee have to be weary of inviting boss man into the office given the murky waters of sexual assaults allegations being at odds with HR compliance laws? Is it an OSHA violation every time he drops by the office?

Does Shari realize it's awkward to have someone like Snow Wife have both hyper-sexual lyrics but also talk about having a traumatic upbringing that saw the death of her mom when she was lkke 10 and the poor optics of Dr. Luke plucking a depressed 19-year-old out of Houston for a new pop project? Is that why the Zach Sang interview is now privated on YouTube.

And most important - did Katy and Luke bond over a shared love for Rick Caruso?

:suburban:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

@BryceG You're making some pretty insane claims that UMG/Republic is shadow paying Luke millions to oversee their entire roster A/R. If I were to contact a journalist to investigate this claim, you'd be saying something that would be front page news in most media publications. Care to back it up with any evidence? I'm incredibly interested. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

What doesn't make sense?

Don't waste your time communicating with Kesha stans. Their one purpose is to throw hate at anyone who they perceive to be Kesha's enemy, and nothing will change their mind. If only their endless posts on this pop forum made any difference. In the end we will be getting amazing pop bangers and they will be in here making passive-agressive comments and downvoting posts as if they achieved anything through that.

9QhN0Rr.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, AbeHicks said:

If only their endless posts on this pop forum made any difference.

To be honest, I get it, they feel like the majority of people don't care. Because the truth is most don't.

• Thanks 1

Look I hate Dr Luke but at this point a hit is a hit

and she needs a hit 

• Haha 1

It's been very clear from the beginning that Katy didn't want to stop working with Luke. She only did it to save face. And now that the case is over and Kesha is now free, she should be able to do what she wants. 

The legal battle between Kesha and Dr. Luke wouldn't have gone on for so long if there weren't strong points on both sides (to be clear, i am not saying that this means Kesha lied). Luke sued Kesha for defamation and the reason why he settled was because his basis for his claims were weak. 

My overall point is that not everything in this case is black and white. You can form your own opinions as there is lots of evidence for Luke being a complete dıck but clearly Katy doesn't mind about that. If it's against your moral compass then don't listen. But in my opinion, music is music and I'm not going to let a complex court case ruin that for me and I'm sure many others agree. I will be tuning in if the music is good 

Edited by GardenPanty
  • Like 2

What's very clear is that Dr Luke is an abusive piece of **** (not even to mention alleged rapist) and y'all cap for him time after time. 

why? Do you just not give a ****? Is the music that good that you can justify the hell he's put so many artists through in the name of profit? 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

What's very clear is that Dr Luke is an abusive piece of **** (not even to mention alleged rapist) and y'all cap for him time after time. 

why? Do you just not give a ****? Is the music that good that you can justify the hell he's put so many artists through in the name of profit? 

If you want a serious answer, I'm happy to give one.

10 minutes ago, BryceG said:

If you want a serious answer, I'm happy to give one.

Truly, I'm all ears.

4 hours ago, bearman said:

#StopTheFanFic

AWAL is distributed by Sony because Sony bought it from another company. They are Sony's equivalent to TuneCore, DistroKid or those services that let you upload music for a fee without the need of signing to a record label. 

I don't know about Amigo Record's though, but Republic Records is distributed by UMG.

According to another user here, Amigo is distributed by Sony.

The big 3 are practically Sony, UMG and Warner, so most big labels will use either of the 3 to distribute their music to stores, lobby for playlists, etc...

I think Lu Kala distributed music through AWAL; I don't know if Lu Kala is signed or not, and I don't know if she has a deal with Dr. Luke's Prescription Service(I assume she has connections to them?)

Edited by Junipero

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.