Have we reached the top of Taylor's fame?

mercurialworld

Taylor Swift is undoubtedly one of the biggest and most influential pop stars of our generation. With multiple successful albums, countless hit singles, and a loyal fan base, she has cemented her place in the music industry. But as she continues to dominate the charts and break records, one question remains: Has Taylor Swift reached the peak of her fame?

Over the years, we have seen Taylor Swift evolve from a country singer-songwriter to a global pop sensation. Her music has resonated with people of all ages and backgrounds, and her performances are nothing short of spectacular. But with every peak, there is bound to be a decline; The Tortured Poets Department, her latest album, has received mixed reviews and her public image has faced some backlash. Despite these challenges, Taylor Swift's fan base remains loyal and her success is undeniable. She has proven time and time again that she is a force to be reckoned with in the music industry.

But with her current level of fame and accomplishments, is there really anywhere left for her to go? Has she reached the height of her career, or is there still room for growth and even greater success? It's time for...

ASK ATRL!

taylor-swift.gif

DISCLAIMER: I am not implying that Taylor Swift's career is over or that she has peaked. This is simply a discussion about an artist's journey and the various stages of success in the music industry.

• Like 1

No. She has so much more to go. The problem with her is that she has all the resources in the world to make her own LemonadeRay of Light, etc. Truly culture-defining albums. But she won't do it. She won't take the risk of working with new writers and producers. This makes her music stale. Her partnership with Jack Antonoff has done the most it could and it's time to move on. She's in her prime. She can afford to take risks. If she doesn't, she'll fizzle out by her 40s.

By fizzle out, I mean, she's still going to be around, but she won't be revered the same way. As someone else here said, "Taylor Swift is like furniture. She's just... there."

Edited by CécredSpaces
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 7

Her longevity in the industry is unprecedented so I'm gonna say no :gaylorcat2:

• Like 1

If it wasn't the Super Bowl I'd say it was around the midnights/eras tour hype 

I really don't want to underestimate her PR strategies, lol. It's hard to imagine a bigger Taylor peak, but she just keeps getting bigger somehow. 

TS12 will underperform. But I don't want to say anything about her next albums. 

• Like 3

No she still has more torture to inflict on her haters :ryan3:

• Haha 8

Stop with this narrative already.

No, she will not experience the normal decline that every pop star eventually gets to. 

No, there will not be a "backlash" or even a fall from grace. She hasn't even peaked yet. 

We are experiencing a very unique type of stardom, one that we have never seen before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

No. We'll probably reach it by TS89, but who knows... She's known for surpassing expectations :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TayDuaStan said:

No. We'll probably reach by TS89, but we'll see. She's known for surpassing expectations :cm:

At this rate, we will have TS89 in two years lol

• Haha 6

With the way y'all, including your mother, talk about her, I would say NO. But that's just me. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Stop with this narrative already.

No, she will not experience the normal decline that every pop star eventually gets to. 

No, there will not be a "backlash" or even a fall from grace. She hasn't even peaked yet. 

We are experiencing a very unique type of stardom, one that we have never seen before. 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Thumbs Down 2

My crystal ball says where can I get the eras tour tickets so no

• Haha 4

i guess no. after midnights most people said that it's her peak then TTPD almost doubled the debut day streams and maybe the US debut sales too.

• Like 3

I find the Atrl definition of a "peak" to be too premature.

You can only be certain of a peak once an artist starts to decline. Taylor has seen no signs of decline yet :michael:

• Like 2

When she gets pregnant 

• Haha 1

she's the female elton john of this century. She will make big soundtracks for movies, will write music for broadway shows, endless stadium tours, singing at funerals, remixing love story and mean with the Dua lipa of the moment in the 2060.

An entertainment legend, a populist icon for the decades

Edited by vale9001

Great thread that could have been done in 2010, 2014, 2019, 2022, 2023 and 2024.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Not until she takes her oath and is sworn into office as the 50th US President.

not until she becomes president of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 

Edited by gatito

43 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

No. She has so much more to go. The problem with her is that she has all the resources in the world to make her own LemonadeRay of Light, etc. Truly culture-defining albums. But she won't do it. She won't take the risk of working with new writers and producers. This makes her music stale. Her partnership with Jack Antonoff has done the most it could and it's time to move on. She's in her prime. She can afford to take risks. If she doesn't, she'll fizzle out by her 40s.

By fizzle out, I mean, she's still going to be around, but she won't be revered the same way. As someone else here said, "Taylor Swift is like furniture. She's just... there."

Taylor is the only element of a monoculture in pop that we have remaining. Saying that she's "just there" when she causes more conversations than any other artist is wiiiiiiild :deadbanana2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad there's finally a thread about Taylor's dominance in the industry, I was patiently waiting 

49 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

I'm a Swiftie (I think), but this rings too true and very well put :clap3:

• Like 1

can't say because I remember us having a serious discussion about this same topic in 2016,2017 and 2018.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.