Nicki's album PF2 only doing 1.8m a day with 25 songs. Why?

Superbitch

I don't think Big Foot is to blame here. The album was bound to have poor longevity from the start 

I am all here to give Nicki her lashings but Nicki outperformed Queen and rebuild her touring power. 

Is there any female rapper that will have an album bigger than PF2 or had one in the last 3 years?

Edited by Aethereal
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

I am all here to give Nicki her lashing but Nicki outperformed Queen and rebuild her touring power. 

Is there any female rappers that will have an album bigger than PF2 or had one in the last 3 years?

If not statistically... Doja's albums definitely seem bigger culturally :michael:

with all the samples it seems like an album built for tik tok and without it I doubt any of the other songs will gain traction without actual videos and promotions

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Lmaooo not PF2 doing Renaissance numbers

Didn't it take like 2 year for REN to drop this low? Onika is exceeding all expectations! 

1 minute ago, Pheromosa said:

Didn't it take like 2 year for REN to drop this low? Onika is exceeding all expectations! 

Exactly, this is why it's embarrassing + she had 25 tracks LOL 

• Haha 5

Pink Friday 2 has been successful and doing way better than anyone was expecting tbh

7 hours ago, Bimbo said:

So people go to the sold out tour and leave with absolutely NO desire to listen to that **** again? :deadbanana4:

Well it's an arena tour so around 20k a show and tracks are getting 40k a day so I guess people from d'day the show before are the one streaming.

All of us are on the other side of that spectrum tho.

To be honest, I love her but she ruined her own era with the big foot thing 

Hmmm Charlie Puths 'Charlie' was doing 2.5m after 5 months with 12 tracks...this is bad

25 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

If not statistically... Doja's albums definitely seem bigger culturally :michael:

with all the samples it seems like an album built for tik tok and without it I doubt any of the other songs will gain traction without actual videos and promotions

Not sure if I consider Doja's album a rap album. But either way that's only one and she debuted years after Nicki. 

2 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Not sure if I consider Doja's album a rap album. But either way that's only one and she debuted years after Nicki. 

Well.. Doja is a female rapper and she's rapping on all her albums so... it is.

3 minutes ago, DevonRoars said:

Well.. Doja is a female rapper and she's rapping on all her albums so... it is.

People still saying doja is not rapper is embarrassing. 

• Like 6

The album isn't that good. There are multiple songs I turned off halfway through and hopefully never have to listen to ever again. 

The tour is selling out because people want to hear her hits, not because they loved My Life or Nicki hendrix. So it's not going to help the streaming numbers sadly.

3 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

Despite the causal racism and mircoagression, 1.8 million a day is not bad. Especially for a 40+ year 15+ years into her career. Some ATRL faves can't even get that much five years into their careers. 

:clap3:

I hate to say this, but it's because the album is not good. It really isn't. 

Nicki played around for years after Queen instead of focusing on making GOOD new music and honing her flow and wit. She got distracted by beefing with Megan etc., and we didn't even get any good songs out of it.

She then hyped this album up WAY too much and got people's expectations too high by calling it "Pink Friday 2" when she hadn't even finalized the tracklist or the songs. Everyone besides her fans are sick of the constant messy, unprofessional behavior and putting feuds and beef before the music. 

I used to be such a Nicki stan, but she has not come off well in the last 10 years :\ She needs to listen to Dear Old Nicki a couple of times and then take some time off.

• Like 4

help she's doing Doja numbers now, tables turn the tables turn...

:clack:

5 hours ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

I don't think Big Foot is to blame here. The album was bound to have poor longevity from the start 

Everybody was doing well on radio and FTCU was doing well on streaming. Nicki just couldn't help herself and totally screwed up the era. She should have dropped the remix to FTCU and promoted Pink Friday Girls on radio, instead of that stupid Big Foot thing.

6 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Everybody was doing well on radio and FTCU was doing well on streaming. Nicki just couldn't help herself and totally screwed up the era. She should have dropped the remix to FTCU and promoted Pink Friday Girls on radio, instead of that stupid Big Foot thing.

Pink Friday gays is so bad :skull: 

Wait… that's awful :deadbanana2:

Entire album flopping that hard, being outstreamed by Dua's flop lead single alone, even 6 months after release. That's insane :skull: 

A bit sad but yeah, the whole Megan fiasco basically killed the era because I remember the album was still top 10 and it seems some of the tracks were taking off and well...

Megan had nothing to do with this. Even before what went down, everybody and FTCU were the only songs on streaming charts. The album as a whole didn't do great on spotify so its not all that surprising.  I still listen to songs there, and felt like it could be promoted more but it did good for what it was.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nicolette said:

Megan had nothing to do with this. Even before what went down, everybody and FTCU were the only songs on streaming charts. The album as a whole didn't do great on spotify so its not all that surprising.  I still listen to songs there, and felt like it could be promoted more but it did good for what it was.  

Even then, the era would have still held up better if Nicki had made better decisions, like release the remix of FTCU in January (instead of April) and pushed Pink Friday Girls to Pop radio, instead of putting out Big Foot.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 7:28 AM, Kimi said:

terrible album, that's what happened. and i told barbz to wait and see whether this thing has legs, she's important to the culture but can't make good albums to save her life 

OG Pink Friday and Pinkprint beg to differ 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:12 AM, pride4jc1222 said:

Even then, the era would have still held up better if Nicki had made better decisions, like release the remix of FTCU in January (instead of April) and pushed Pink Friday Girls to Pop radio, instead of putting out Big Foot.

Idk why yall say that about pink Friday girls it's so bad :skull: tik tok mashup teas 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.