TTPD becomes punching bag, should Taylor just continue the re-recordings instead?

Safe&Sound

The critics and Twitter go hard on TTPD, even worse than MIDnights and Over, are not clicking with me

The album is great, so on brand with her, not her best work indeed, yet definitely better than bland Lover and, hell, even Midnights is the one where Jack recycled most of his production, and furtherly recycled it with 1989 Vault Tracks

but this album is the one which criticized for doing it, when it's definitely giving The 1975 met The Bleachers more sonically

Do you think most of the rejection this album gets, simply because people using it as punching bag for her continuous music outputs, instead of criticizing the material itself?

Do you think she should just continue the re-recording, finish it this year, and came back with TTPD next year?

Just now, Gladiator said:

Yes. It is clear she has bought this outrage and negative reviews now in a setup for reputation TV.

Everything is coming together.

wait.... if she does this she's kinda a genius

ezgif.com-animated-gif-maker-2.gif?ex=66

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

The critics and Twitter go hard on TTPD, even worse than MIDnights and Over, are not clicking with me

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Yes. It is clear she has bought this outrage and negative reviews now in a setup for reputation TV.

The "outrage" in question doesn't exist outside of obscure social media spaces (like this one) and the album is an incredible commercial success - way bigger than rep TV ever could be :bird: so no!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

setup for reputation TV.

the way I was just saying this earlier :deadbanana2: this is the perfect way to lead into it :dies: especially with that song about Kim 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

omg PAUSE...

the way Taylor Alison Swift always gets the last laugh

Streets are saying it's all promo for Reputation (Taylor's Version) :gaylorcat2:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

the way this doesn't even feel farfetched

I Did Something Bad (Taylor's Version) coming next week

• Like 4

it makes sense. i feel like the last re-records will come out last this year or early next year, and I also feel like they'll be quiet releases too. 

I hope TS12 comes out much later- she's got the GP and critics on edge and needs to come back with something they'll like, I feel like TS12 could be a potential classic (even tho TTPD is alr a classic in my heart)

• Like 2

Wut, you think the answer to "negative reviews" is to release the karaoke versions, mixed by the worst producer in history Chris Rowe? :deadbanana:

surely the answer is not to kick her merry band of overused yes man producers like jack and rowe into the basement and find some new producers who are actually capable of producing bops? 

• Haha 5

There's no way to accidentally release a 500 hour 2,000 song boring ass double album.  She did it on purpose 

• Haha 9

Besides, TTPD is doing just fine. All the seething and coping "reviews" have zero significance. Why would anyone even care what another person's opinion is anyway, this has always blown my mind. 

• Like 3

She is doing outta this world, keep pressed 

This is her Born This Way. Successful yet polarizing. It happens to everyone. She should continue whatever she planned. Of course quality will not always be served, I don't understand how people think a slight dip in acclaim is something bad. No one constantly releases beloved material. 

• Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

All the seething and coping "reviews" have zero significance. Why would anyone even care what another person's opinion is anyway, this has always blown my mind. 

Now bestie, she has multiple songs confirming that affirmation is important to her, she / her staff have retweeted and credited positive reviews for Tortured Poets, and she has a documentary that includes clips of her reaction to the reception of rep as well as being on the record for Red's critical reception which led to 1989. She cares how her albums are critically received. 

Edited by Gladiator

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

This is her Born This Way. Successful yet polarizing. It happens to everyone. She should continue whatever she planned. Of course quality will not always be served, I don't understand how people think a slight dip in acclaim is something bad. No one constantly releases beloved material. 

Her ArtPop is coming next 🫣 then she will try Hollywood after

Just now, patapon said:

:laugh:

No but she could be heading into a panned album if she doesn't switch things up. 

1 minute ago, patapon said:

no negativity please. this is a safe and sound thread.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

The most plausible theory because I couldn't believe how much I didn't like this album. She's gonna call me out again huh :jonny6:

10 minutes ago, patapon said:

Well, she is supposed to direct a movie soon but I fear it won't serve ASIB... 

24 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Now bestie, she has multiple songs confirming that affirmation is important to her, she / her staff have retweeted and credited positive reviews for Tortured Poets, and she has a documentary that includes clips of her reaction to the reception of rep as well as being on the record for Red's critical reception which led to 1989. She cares how her albums are critically received. 

Read again, I'm not saying the "reviews" didn't matter to her specifically, I'm saying these reviews have zero value or significance to TTPD'd commercial success.  It's not like people will stop streaming it due to those claptrap reviews by a half dozen "critics" anyway. They have no significance or value in how the album is going so who cares about them. 

I don't think she should make any decisions primarily in response to the critics who aren't feeling this album. They'll get over it when Taylormania passes and the next one comes out.

It doesn't matter what critics or Twitter is saying.

She is pulling numbers and that is it.

People don't understand all the "backlash" and outrage is actually helping her career not hurting it.

yes. The Toilet Paper Department is a total and utter failure. back to the drawing board for Ms Alison

tumblr_odzhots7jU1u6n38po1_250.gif

• Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.