Is Taylor wrong for outing Joe's depression?

Weld_E

1 minute ago, Lana Banana said:

So you support outing mental health issues? 

you use this just to drag Taylor, look in the mirror first. :bird:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• kellebrity98

• Jay07

• Timeless

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kellebrity98 said:

for real. using his depression just to drag taylor on atrl is the lowest.

:psyduck: do you even hear yourself?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kellebrity98 said:

you use this just to drag Taylor, look in the mirror first. :bird:

Ok girl #TaylorForPresident

3 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

Guess what. No one would know about his depression even she didn't reveal *his* condition on *her* album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

But writing a song about it is not? :skull:

• Like 3

Just now, Fleahive said:

I would never date a singer that always makes break up songs. They put all your business and their rabid fans attack you. I especially feel for the ones experiencing the trauma all over again due to rereleases. I can assure you if a male artist did this the conversation would be a lot different on this website. Mental health matters for everyone. I do not care who didn't show up to your birthday party. Grow up. Damn

Taylor is probably the cause of their issues because she has so much exposure and the boys' trauma is overexposed without their consent, but who cares because she released ME! and spelling is fun!!!! :clown:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

She heavily implies that Joe was dealing with clinical depression, which is why she broke up with him.

That's... not what she says in this or any song, like AT ALL :bibliahh:

16 minutes ago, Timeless said:

She wasn't going to lie and make up a story about how Joe cheated on her. If they broke up because his mental health was weighing down the relationship, then that's what will be said.

:clack:

she didn't?

I think this doesn't even mean he had depression, I just think she was talking about bad days. If you think she was wrong for this you probably didn't listen/read the songs about Matty :dies:

• Like 1

Yes it was very uncouth of her but I'm not surprised she would do something like this.

It's pathetic tbh … talk about anything else besides something so personal and sensitive but I guess you'd have to be a decent human with morals to think about how it would affect someone. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

The lyrics of the whole song are a bit... one-sided to say the least. If those lines are actually about depression, then the song is way too brutal for her standards. She's literally blaming the other person for being complicit in the sadness and toxicness that they radiate. I think she's refering to a general pessimistic atmosphere before their break-up and probably a refusal to save the relationship. But I don't see it as a take on Joe's mental health, that would make her look like a huge ***** and she knows much better than to do that.

Edited by The Next Day

21 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Would she like songs written about her? Doubt it. 

I do kinda hope the next 1975 era is massive because of the hype she created

And then it's all songs dragging her for filth 

Just so she can feel it just one time lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

I do kinda hope the next 1975 era is massive

Not you rooting for the ugly racist.

• Haha 2

Absolutely, she's trash! I hope allllll her exes air her dirty laundry. She deserves it. 

39 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

her lyrics are about her daily life, why wouldn't she talk about it? also free speech and her choice what to add. 

Can we stop with these types of arguments defending abusive and narcissistic behaviors?

This is one of the arguments narcissists use to defend themselves in mistreating their victims, but I'm sure as hell that if the same thing is done to them as retaliation, they'll be the loudest to cry and play as the hurt and damaged 'victims'. :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

That's... not what she says in this or any song, like AT ALL :bibliahh:

And you say I abandoned the ship
But I was going down with it

She admits she broke up with him.

For everyone saying Swifties aren't dragging him for this, that's beside the point. His mental health condition is not for her to disclose under any circumstance. Also, even though Swifties aren't dragging him NOW, they were calling him names and speculating how abusive he was towards her for months, and she said nothing, knowing his history with depression.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's not new information. It was in her writing even when they were together, which he presumably didn't mind or else he wouldn't have stuck around so long. :michael:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weld_E said:

I am not judging her for her decision to break up over this; depression can be a *****, but why expose it to the world knowing how miserable he is because of his condition already?

• Haha 1

I mean she can write about whatever she wants but what makes her so insufferable is that if anybody had that same energy towards her in a song she and her fans would cry misogyny and she'd go on another victim campaign and media outlets would go along with it.

• Thanks 8

• ATRL Moderator

How are the lyrics in the OP exposing his mental health status? :rip:

• Like 1

she's not a nice person. 

Cameltoe Chariot
23 minutes ago, bad guy said:

I mean she can write about whatever she wants but what makes her so insufferable is that if anybody had that same energy towards her in a song she and her fans would cry misogyny and she'd go on another victim campaign and media outlets would go along with it.

That fandom has ended the careers of so many people that have crossed their idol. Even my Mom, who doesn't listen to Top 40 or pay attention to celebrities, knows who Joe is because of all the sh*t she kept seeing Swifties post about him in the comments on tiktok.

And I'm not saying some of them didn't deserve their lashings, but it's crazy how loud Swifties bark when people do the absolute least and dare to admit they don't like Taylor :rip:

• Like 2

yes, it's a HIPAA violation

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.