Is Taylor wrong for outing Joe's depression?

Weld_E

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• kellebrity98

• Jay07

• Timeless

Top Posters In This Topic

These "boyfriends" of her are just Gay stans that want a music written about themselves

• Haha 4

Where in the song does she say it's about Joe?

All speculation. :kitty:

2 hours ago, Timeless said:

The only people weaponizing his depression right now are you guys. The way Swifties aren't even talking about that  :ryan3:

Truly. Literally nobody even thinks about Joe during this album launch week. :rip:

Also, Joe's "depression" is a reach and a half. Just like how you can say Taylor just confesses her murders or sth from Fortnight.

2 hours ago, Weld_E said:

She admits she broke up with him.

For everyone saying Swifties aren't dragging him for this, that's beside the point. His mental health condition is not for her to disclose under any circumstance. Also, even though Swifties aren't dragging him NOW, they were calling him names and speculating how abusive he was towards her for months, and she said nothing, knowing his history with depression.

And how exactly can you tell his mental health condition from this song!? :rip:
It's speculation at best, but you treat it like gospel truths. Please go touch grass.

Ehhh, Yes and No.

Given her fanbase I definitely don't think it was the right move given she already knows how her fanbase reacts when anything really involves her exes.

But also dating people with certain mental illnesses or dealing with mental  illness yourself, sometimes you don't know how to cope. It's not easy to either. So sometimes your only outlet is to talk about it out loud. It's a slippery slope.

Gross actually, but what can you expect from Taylor ' E is for Exploitation' Swift

Some of you are just…beyond help lol. I'm not even at the end of the first page and I see people saying that OP is the "lowest of the low" for talking about Taylor's decision to publicise Joe's mental health struggles without his consent.

You demons are really sat there accusing OP of weaponising Joe's clinal depression against Taylor when it's actually Taylor weaponising his depression against him for her own promotional gain.

Callous and manipulative, just like your narcissist fave.

Edited by LikeATattoo
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe Taylor was intentionally exposing his struggle with depression. Instead, it seems she was trying to demonstrate her own humanity, acknowledging that, like everyone else, she is flawed and vulnerable. Taylor isn't assigning blame; rather, she's recognising the significant impact depression can have. When a partner is struggling with depression, maintaining a relationship can become extremely challenging. So, it's understandable that she would write about something so personal. 

I thought everyone knew since the song Renegade.

This is the reason for the Kim song. They meet before the leak and she was a completely different person. But afterwards her whole world fell apart and he stated dating a basket case. She wanted, needed to hide but as time went on and the taped leaked, her career exploded again they probably realized they were not meant to be. Again, bringing the hate towards Kim back again. Had that incident never happen Taylor and Joe might had never dated pass a few months and not wasted 6 years of her life. 

Edited by latingrl2005

The first lyric isn't even about him - it's about her sadness. It's been strongly implied over the course of many songs that she felt emotionally neglected in the relationship.

Beyond that, I think it's perfectly fair game to mention that your partner's struggles impacted your relationship and interacted with your own. She's not publicizing a clinical diagnosis, she's talking about her own lived experience.

14 hours ago, Shelter said:

Would she like songs written about her? Doubt it. 

we saw how it went with famous :lmao: 

• Haha 1

Her music is basically a burn book to Disney beats.  She airs people out and her fans harass them.

Hilarious since she is obsessed and shaking over Kim airing her out a decade ago.

1 minute ago, thirdward said:

we saw how it went with famous :lmao: 

Exactly.  I hope Kanye drags her ass on Vultures 2 for that weird Single White Female **** w Kim and North.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.