Is Taylor wrong for outing Joe's depression?

Weld_E

From her new song So Long, London:

So how much sad did you think I had,
Did you think I had in me?
How much tragedy?
Just how low did you think I'd go?
Before I'd self-implode

You sacrificed us to the gods of your bluest days
And I'm just getting color back into my face

She heavily implies that Joe was dealing with clinical depression, which is why she broke up with him.

I am not judging her for her decision to break up over this; depression can be a *****, but why expose it to the world knowing how miserable he is because of his condition already?

Edited by Weld_E
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lana Banana

• kellebrity98

• Jay07

• Timeless

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. My bias for her aside, I don't think she has much empathy after she revealed that when she writes songs about people she doesn't really consider how they would feel about it.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, it's not wrong since it was one of the main causes of the relationship's demise. :siptea:

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Yes she knows her rabid fanbase will weaponize it

Just now, Timeless said:

No, it's not wrong since it was one of the main causes of the relationship's demise. :siptea:

Like this.

• Like 4
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

She wasn't going to lie and make up a story about how Joe cheated on her. If they broke up because his mental health was weighing down the relationship, then that's what will be said.

:clack:

• Like 2

He's smart. Using the publicity this brings him to support the cause for a free Palestine in every public appearance 

Couldn't say the same for me me me miss America 

OT: Yes she's wrong. She's basically told the whole world about his illness to belittle him

Edited by brraap
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

She has been exploiting her relationships for personal gain since the start of her career without sparing a single thought about how these people will be affected but revealing his mental health issues without his consent and making him a target for the Swifties even when she knew what he is dealing with is particularly gross and self serving.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 7

her lyrics are about her daily life, why wouldn't she talk about it? also free speech and her choice what to add. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Timeless said:

She wasn't going to lie and make up a story about how Joe cheated on her. If they broke up because his mental health was weighing down the relationship, then that's what will be said.

:clack:

So next album: TAYLOR'S BRAINS DISSECTED BY A THERAPIST? So we can finally have a look into what is happening in her head rather than allegedly others'?

2 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Yes she knows her rabid fanbase will weaponize it

Like this.

The only people weaponizing his depression right now are you guys. The way Swifties aren't even talking about that  :ryan3:

• Like 4

Would she like songs written about her? Doubt it. 

• Like 9

Just now, Jay07 said:

She has been exploiting her relationships for personal gain since the start of her career but revealing his mental health issues I assume without his consent and making him a target for the Swifties even when she knew what he was dealing with is pretty gross. 

sorry but i did not see any hate or bullying towards him from the swifties. ofc there are some twitter maniacs but most of her fan base showed empathy for him.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Worst thing: if he objects T with this, T's team is just gonna take him to court :clown:

Just now, kellebrity98 said:

sorry but i did not see any hate or bullying towards him from the swifties. ofc there are some twitter maniacs but most of her fan base showed empathy for him.

So you support outing mental health issues? 

Yes, she is.

But we all know that she likes to expose her boyfriends and tries to be just a nice little girl that does nothing and it is misunderstood by them & people

• Like 2

Just now, kellebrity98 said:

Oh that's weird. I read multiple comments about him being useless and unemployed and using her celebrity on this very board and not only did Taylor never make a single gesture to stop the abuse towards her exes, she actively encourages it. Why wouldn't she? It makes her money. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Timeless said:

The only people weaponizing his depression right now are you guys. The way Swifties aren't even talking about that  :ryan3:

for real. using his depression just to drag taylor on atrl is the lowest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

She's not doing it in a disrespectful way and well and gives more context on what lead to the break up.

Also, some of you are acting as if the swifties are dragging him for this or mocking him which is not even the case unlike some of you who are using this to drag Taylor as if you give a flying **** about his mental state.

Edited by UnusualBoy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

her lyrics are about her daily life, why wouldn't she talk about it? also free speech and her choice what to add. 

Free speech my ass when guns are still valid in The States. Where is her free speech when it comes to guns, abortion and drag rights? Y'all just wanna lick the last sesame seed off the floor just to protect your fave when she won't even flinch a pinky for you $_$

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

She really made herself the victim of someone else's mental health issues, JFC. :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.