Has "The Tortured Poets Department" changed your view of Taylor?

Dante Silva

This poll is anonymous. Please express your honest view:  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Has “The Tortured Poets Department” changed your view of Taylor?

• No. I loved her before, I love her now. This is her best album.
    • No. I loved her before, I will continue to Stan her but this album is simply not the tea. I remain open to whatever she comes back with next time though.
    • Yes. I never liked her before but this album really speaks to me, has won me over and made me Stan her. I can't get enough of TTPD.
    • Yes. I loved her before and previously Stanned hard but I'm now questioning her quality control threshold and considering listening to/ supporting other artists instead.
    • No change. I am a casual, have listened fully and objectively to TTPD without any skips and I am still not completely won over by Taylor as an artist or her latest body of work.

A range of contrasting views have been expressed since the drop of Taylor's latest album "The Tortured Poets Department". I wondered what the consensus is?

NZlPwZO.jpeg

Edited by Dante Silva

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dante Silva

• Gov Hooka

• Cameltoe Chariot

• The Music Industry

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing i understood is that i would prefer her to either ditch Jack (and pretty soon Aaron) or make her albums lil bit shorter

• Like 2

An option that applies for me is not on here.

I liked her before, and I like her now but I wouldn't say this is her best album.

I will never be able to appreciate it in full due to how long it is and how I listen to music. I enjoy both parts, but I cannot listen to both parts in one sitting. I find both parts monotone in vocal delivery and too similar in production for the songs on their respective sides, even though I like them both. The album as a whole, however, is very exhausting for me to listen to.

I have listened to them on shuffle and that has improved it. I also have a condescend playlist of it, but that is more based on a story rather than my favorites.

I am not sure a song from this album will rise to my top 3, which are Maroon, coney island, and Clean.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

I like Taylor and I've been streaming the album since its release to try to rly get into it, but it's not sticking like Midnights did for me. I think it's because it's such a long album and I kinda tune out midway through it.

I will continue to do my diligence and stream it all week and hopefully it will stick.

• Like 1

my opinion of her as the best businesswoman in the game hasnt changed. she can release the same songs, concepts, albums and still rack in that $ :jonny:

taylor_swift_2020_saltbox_house_wall_by_devilfish89_de4anl5-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTA4MCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzE4ZjQ3YTBkLWFlYzMtNDk0ZS1iZmYwLWRhZjY4ZjE1MzA4YVwvZGU0YW5sNS01YmJlMjhjMS0zN2U0LTQzYmUtYTIxOS04M2U0MzViZWIxYTguanBnIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTE5MjAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.wyyIUsPLWcChBJYN3ltanXUVRvOXThOIBNZMg_es_6Q

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My opinion of her has not changed at all. 

• Like 1

No, it changed my view on Jack. She really needs to let him rest, and make Aaron her main character. 

Yes. I loved her before, but I love her even more now. This is her best album. :heart2:

Kind of gagged that she's been obsessed for a decade with... *him* of all people. But Daddy I Love Him almost veers into her decrying cancel culture before stopping herself so sis was down bad. She's a talented lyricist but she seems a bit emotionally immature and I'm kinda gagged how much she let's her emotions control her, to where her entire relationship with Travis seems like a reaction to Matty dumping her. 

A wordsmith but a very terrible judge of character. Swifties kind of did her a favor destroying the relationship and scaring Matty's weird ass away despite her decrying fans who (rightfully) wanted her away from him. 

:suburban:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes, it made me realize what a shitty songwriter she actually is. 

She should opt for writing camps for her future albums. 

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 4

No, I love her but this album has changed my opinion on Jack Antonoff where I now believe Taylor should stop working with him for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do think she needs to work with different producers but this album has already gone on me so much in the past few days. So, none of those options really. I have always loved her music and love this album too but again, some things could be different for the next era.

Yes, in the sense that I see her as a lot more flawed and fallible. Not that I ever thought she was ~perfect~, but I thought she was just a self-important grown up theater kid that needs attention but overall had a militant grip on her life. Now, I genuinely see her as someone very unsure of her own life and maybe not knowing what's "best" for her. I thought her Grammys behavior was weird, but figured it was a rare miscalculation. Now I think she genuinely could lead her career into its own "destruction" (never actually destroyed lol but I can see her becoming a villain in the media again by her own doing). And because of that, I find her a lot more interesting all the sudden. She's on a Daenerys Targaryen course; it'll be interesting to see if she course corrects

• Like 2

Not really, I knew after Midnights/SN/1989 she was overproducing and it was affecting quality (for me). I knew she was really going to delve deep into the flowery language/overly wordy lyrics to be a "good songwriter" but it would just sound clunky. I know she's on top of the world so she could do whatever she wants and no one would tell her no, including the fans.

I believe once her peak dies down she'll put out another quality album for me, but as of now she's too big to do that.

• Thanks 1

Don't be shy. Make the poll public. Curious to see the "Swifties" with Bey, Rihanna, katy, Gaga avis who voted for "Yes. I loved her before and previously Stanned hard but I'm now questioning her quality control threshold and considering listening to/ supporting other artists instead." 

• Haha 3

She's gonna win album of the year.

I don't know her personally to really 

make an assumption about her but if I had to go off her lyrics solely I'd say she's in desperate need of therapy. This woman is addicted to ruining her own life. It seems to me like she can never truly be happy. 

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Don't be shy. Make the poll public. Curious to see the "Swifties" with Bey, Rihanna, katy, Gaga avis who voted for "Yes. I loved her before and previously Stanned hard but I'm now questioning her quality control threshold and considering listening to/ supporting other artists instead." 

I honor my word. The poll remains anonymous so people can freely express their viewpoints without fear of judgement.

i enjoy ttpd, but what she really needs is an editor. if she would've cut out some of the lines ppl are going on about on twitter, maybe it would've been better received.

ttpd is for the fans, and it's not necessarily a good thing, since it could be hard for GP to connect with some of the intense wordiness of this album. I'm not expecting her to make another 1989, but it'd be nice to hear a few bops. For TS12 I'd like a nice concise album, with perhaps simple writing, but still with great meaning, like how she used to write during her Red days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Her discography still feels like 7ria5b8ongi41.jpg, so no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

I'm more of a casual fan. The meltdowns over TTPD have been entertaining 

Time Wine GIF

• Thanks 1

im not ditching the woman who gave me Red, 1989,  Speak Now, and Folklore. its just not happening

i am very much questioning and concerned why the quality threshold has significantly fallen starting at Midnights. Everything after that, 1989 TV vault tracks included, is just so watered down and sounds like parody work of her. its especially disheartening when she's met w critical acclaim and insane numbers, which is only encouragement. "if its so bad, why is it doing so well?" "dont fix whats not broken" 

im sure she will come back w the level of quality i expect of her but stan wise its been rocky af lately.

• Like 1

Where's the

"No. I never loved her. She still sucks"

option?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Should Swifties only listen to and support Taylor? Don't open yourself up to the ugly "cult!" comments sis :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.