Is THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT the clear frontrunner for Album of the Year now?

KatyPrismSpirit

yes, crystal clear

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• KatyPrismSpirit

• ScorpiosGroove

• Burn

I think either Beyoncé or Lana will win (probably Beyoncé).

I believe she won't win because of Midnights 

50 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

I think either Beyoncé or Lana will win (probably Beyoncé).

I honestly don't think Beyoncé will win sadly due to both racism and country voters likely not embracing her over someone like kacey musgraves. 

Lana's album might not be released this eligibility period and not much is known about it yet.

My odds are 50% Taylor and 50% Billie Eilish but Billie's record needs to sell more than HTE and get well acclaimed for that to happen.

It's continuing (see Billie's Rolling Stone cover and interview)

See I said this before if Billie's album IS her best work and it is marketed as her comeback then it's hers to lose.

If Kendrick releases his album before the cutoff then he's taking hip hop and r&b votes away from Beyonce and she won't be able to make up the difference with country/americana voters if Kacey or Chris Stapleton are included. Ariana or Dua are not taking away too many votes for Billie and Taylor is not going to be the option she was last year and quite a few people who voted Taylor last year will vote for Billie IF her album ends up better than Happier than Ever and many signs are pointing to this being a "comeback" era for Billie.

Right now Cowboy Carter has the country votes and the mainstream support. Taylors album is not her best work. Theres more artists releasing albums too. But i wouldnt say shes a frontrunner 

On 4/21/2024 at 7:34 PM, Cruel Summer said:

I honestly believe that it is impossible for this album to win APTY because Midnights did this year and because Taylor has a record amount of wins already. Normally I would say yes as its commercial impact will ensure it dominates conversation this year, its reviews are good and trending better now, and Taylor will have another huge year in general - but after the Midnights win I just don't see it as a possibility at all.

TPPD also deserves AOTY way more than Midnights :'(

No, absolutely not. This is a long way from being Taylor's best album and even if the quality were there, questions would be raised about her winning the Grammys  "Best Album" category two years in a row.

Taylor will win 

Album of the year - Cowboy Carter

Record of the year - Texas Hold 'Em

In the eyes of the Beehive. F the Grammys 

• Like 1

The backlash would not be worth it, I also just can't see them giving it to her twice in a row

Its Billie or bey who'll be taking it this year

edit: I wish they didn't give it to midnights, TTPD deserves it way more

Edited by greento

Kacey will win

Taylor won't get nominated

(in an ideal world)

star aligned to billie for her accolades with all promo + oscar campaign, now only if album is above 80 MC then it's over.

lana wont win especially after coachella mess, taylor on reputa phase after last big win, beyonce lol, and kacey will only win in country field.

With such ridiculous lyrics I doubt it. I hope Kacey wins.  lrT5Lum.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.