Is THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT the clear frontrunner for Album of the Year now?

KatyPrismSpirit

Most to least likely for now:

1. Billie wins

2. Taylor wins

3. An inoffensive dark horse.mp3 that could make them look good ala Jon Batiste

4. Ari/Vampire Weekend/Kacey

• Like 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• KatyPrismSpirit

• ScorpiosGroove

• Burn

gosh i just hope billie delivers. cant have her winning aoty with an album worse than wwafawdwg 

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

gosh i just hope billie delivers. cant have her winning aoty with an album worse than wwafawdwg 

taylor won w midnights , her worst album, so at this point billie probably could lol just needs to have commercial success to bolster it

Edited by jjmed59

Just because of numbers yes unfortunately 

• Like 1

Billie Eilish, the ultimate darling, is dropping so

• Like 2

Despite the release of that shitty album, she has way better chances at AOTY than Bey. So take that as u wish

Its Billies to take imho

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 2

I really want Taylor to win to completely devalue the Grammys 

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

I hope so, I want her to win again and again to show how useless this award is, I hope they NEVER give it to Beyonce because the narrative is over now and we dont need it.

I want her to walk up on stage and feel like **** knowing she's accepting awards she does NOT deserve.

Give them ALL to her.

The bitterness when the hive was ALL about grammy wins during the I am sasha fierce era where it's arguable she won grammys for different reasons. Also all about it until Beyonce got snubbed for AOTY not during IASF but during ST and Lemonade eras.

Jay z already made it worse by showing his hand complaining about the award only to confirm how important it is to he and his wife.

If she wins, it'll appear as a pity award more than anything.

Beyonce will not get enough support especially after the mixed reviews on Jolene. Act III would have a chance if she can get cross genre support

It's Billie's to lose but you never know Beyonce or a dark horse nom could get it.

It'll be nominated but if she wins it for this album... :skull: :cm: Plus, this year is packed with releases (way better releases, on that note) that are good, and so far, I feel the award should rightfully go to Beyonce. I've not listened to Carter cuz I'm not fond of country music, but that's what you call a groundbreaking album... :)

It does not surpass Cowboy Carter for me.

But I do not think it will get it after what Jay-Z decide to do on stage.

I am sure that caused an argument on the way home.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Despite the release of that shitty album, she has way better chances at AOTY than Bey. So take that as u wish

Its Billies to take imho

:coffee:

Cowboy Carter is not going to win. While it's probably Beyoncé's most digestible album to #that demographic, the album goes against the establishment. By the end, it's basically turning everything that country is on its head. It's not impossible. It will likely be the most monumental album of the year + its success is amazing for a woman of her age, her career length, AND the fact that it's a complete genre change in many ways. I just think the academy have practically placed a narrative that Beyoncé with all the side awards is enough to award her visionary art without AOTY.

Taylor + TTPD is also unlikely cause Midnights won & the narrative was used mostly on that album. But, I don't think it's impossible if she dominated enough of the conversation like The Eras Tour did.

IMO, Billie or another random person has the biggest chance.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

It'll be nominated but if she wins it for this album... :skull: :cm: Plus, this year is packed with releases (way better releases, on that note) that are good, and so far, I feel the award should rightfully go to Beyonce. I've not listened to Carter cuz I'm not fond of country music, but that's what you call a groundbreaking album... :)

But if Billie returns with a stellar effort in her oeuvre, I feel the Grammys will hand the AOTY to her rightfully and considering the snippets we've got so far from the album, I feel like it is somewhat locked:ryan3:

Edited by Blackout2006

I hope not, so she can make a better record next. Just like she said it herself.

4 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

I hope not, so she can make a better record next. Just like she said it herself.

I burst out laughing watching this. Thank you. :ahh:

"This is your songwriter of the century? Open the schools." 

Period, nothing more to be said!

I am feeling a dark horse will win AOTY award this time. Y'all should watch out to Kacey Musgraves' Deeper Well.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I mean it is groundbreaking (after having listened to it many times), but how can you call it groundbreaking without listening to it...? :rip:

It is hers to lose. There's no logic to it so all the theories as to why she will win or not are pointless.
The only other thing that could happen would be some random male artist winning 

Maybe in the 1830s but yeah it would be a clear front runner. If only Charlie Puth had an album in the running too, like a tattooed golden retriever.

Edited by Phaunzie

Vampire Weekend should win

Yes, she is the frontrunner.

But it would be amazing if Beyonce got it. Either way the world wins.

It would blow up in her face. The fifth AOTY win with a polarizing album according to the GP would cause a huge backlash to Swift's name and even if her fans don't care the acclaim her name has/had would be even more ridiculed and even her brand would suffer. It's just not a good idea.

And even without those aforementioned reasons she'd also beat out a long-deserving BLACK female artist who put out an even more critically acclaimed album. The backlash would be huge. 

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

The Kacey predictions are ridiculous. The Golden Hour win took literally six months of critics hyping it up as the best album of the year. Deeper Well is hardly getting a whisper in comparison. Frankly, I think she'll be lucky to even be nominated considering her name wasn't enough to help a popular hit into the lineup this year. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.