Is THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT the clear frontrunner for Album of the Year now?

KatyPrismSpirit

On 4/21/2024 at 5:47 PM, satellites.™ said:

I want her to walk up on stage and feel like **** knowing she's accepting awards she does NOT deserve.

Does she have the wherewithal for this though? Precedence says no. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• KatyPrismSpirit

• ScorpiosGroove

• Burn

On 4/21/2024 at 5:47 PM, satellites.™ said:

I want her to walk up on stage and feel like **** knowing she's accepting awards she does NOT deserve.

Does she have the wherewithal for this though? Precedence says no. 

I think this is the time to award Beyonce. Cowboy Carter is better than Renaissance and it has a huge single.

As much as I would love TTPD to win (because it's so much better than Midnights), I don't think it will. It's very divisive.

I feel like Billie is. What we heard from the album so far sounds GOOD and like it could be well received by both critics and GP

We haven't heard Billie's yet, but this has the potential to win. Although i want ES to win it :monkey:

• Like 1

I hope Beyoncé never wins AotY, tbh. That'll add to her legend status (that she already has) even more than actually winning one would.

So yes, I'm manifesting #5 for Taylor.

Taylor isn't winning especially with how the album has been received. It's getting PANNED and voters pay attention to these things.

its between Beyoncé (who actually has the better album by far) and Billie. I think Beyoncé is also front runner for ROTY so far with Texas so it might be her year

5 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

I feel like Billie is. What we heard from the album so far sounds GOOD and like it could be well received by both critics and GP

5 hours ago, rivingtonrebel said:

We haven't heard Billie's yet, but this has the potential to win. Although i want ES to win it :monkey:

This is my prediction. I think CC and TTPD are gonna get nominated bc acclaim and commercial success. I think ES is gonna get snubbed and be an upset bc it deserves at least a nom. And I think Billie's gonna get nominated and take it

No it's going to a non-mainstream artist this year 

3 hours ago, ACaseOfBlues said:

I hope Beyoncé never wins AotY, tbh. That'll add to her legend status (that she already has) even more than actually winning one would.

So yes, I'm manifesting #5 for Taylor.

Prince never got one either. These old racists at the classic rock and country branches will never give it to a Black female, especially one considered overtly sexual and subversive like SZA or Beyonce. **** them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rivingtonrebel said:

:pancake:  Congratulations to Billie on her second AOTY Grammy....

I thought she had it, but it looks like people's opinion on TTPD is divisive and could hurt its AOTY chances a bit. I think if it's not Beyonce, then Billie may have it, she's getting a lot of positive hype for BE3. Or maybe SZA too if she releases before the Grammy deadline

43 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Prince never got one either. These old racists at the classic rock and country branches will never give it to a Black female, especially one considered overtly sexual and subversive like SZA or Beyonce. **** them.

Shocked! I thought Purple Rain won AOTY! Mandela effect tease :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

considering the critical perspective there's a large chance this comes up with few this year. we're getting records/have gotten records from ariana grande, possibly lady gaga, dua lipa, billie eilish, lorde. acting like there's no competition in the pop field alone is dumb. at most, with the current critical reception and overwhelmingly more diverse academy, i think she could win for Fortnight in pop duo and maybe win a random Americana award. Pop Album, Duo, Solo, maybe SOTY. Reputation and Lover were huge successes and came up with no nominations. Just because the Grammys gagged hard for Midnights last year doesn't mean they'll repeat. 

12 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Shocked! I thought Purple Rain won AOTY! Mandela effect tease :deadbanana2:

lionel richie won over him… :rip:

• Thanks 1

I predict Taylor will not submit TTPD for AOTY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has to be a joke, right?

H.E.R. It's time for you to act up to stop her bag :WAP:

Can't spell taylor Allison swift without AOTY

Not in my book but I'm not on the Grammys voting committee so...

I just said this and got laughed at. Hahaha @ you now. I know this will win I knew it after I finished the album. 

Taylor isn't winning but voters do not care about critics at all as shown by Taylor winning last year and Harry the year before.

Cowboy Carter likely isn't winning either as they only award big artists with AOTY if their album/songs top the charts for several weeks. 

It's either going be Billie or a non mainstream artist.

Scammies are going to be scammies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.