Is THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT the clear frontrunner for Album of the Year now?

KatyPrismSpirit

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this exact sentiment applied when folklore won AOTY as well. Everybody said she would never get another one but Midnights still won.

Except she had no honest to God real narrative to not win. The four wins would break the record (which they probably campaigned on) and the SZA discourse was relatively minute. Next year, she goes against Beyoncé who has - at this  point - the strongest "where is her aoty" than possibly anyone in the history of the award. So strong is it that her husband called sit out AT the Grammys. 

They are either going to give Beyoncé the award or they will do what they did between her and Adele and choose the safest choice (possibly Deeper Well). They won't give it to Swift back to back lie she's Stevie Wonder. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• KatyPrismSpirit

• ScorpiosGroove

• Burn

Just for the fumes, yes. 

Next year is going to be one of the messiest.

And I am here for it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Clearly, but (as a Taylor stan) I am hoping Deeper Well takes it tbh :heart2:

2 hours ago, sillycilla said:

Most of the aoty winners have been bland artists so yes. The last interesting winner was OutKast and Amy Winehouse..

Amy Winehouse didn't win AOTY, she lost to a Herbie Hancock album of Joni Mitchell covers, an absolute travesty

• Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

artistic integrity, something taylor doesn't have

also stay on topic :supaspaz:

artistic integrity is not crying/ranting about not winning aoty at the grammy in front of many people or in song but okay :suburban:

topic is related to album of the year so im still on topic

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

artistic integrity is not crying/ranting about not winning aoty at the grammy in front of many people or in song but okay :suburban:

the crying in question :

merlin_167934633_797b3833-c630-4941-b880

• Haha 11

3 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

the crying in question :

merlin_167934633_797b3833-c630-4941-b880

at least she did it privately :sistrens: some people cried on national television :sistrens:

• Haha 1

Just now, liam13 said:

at least she did it privately :sistrens: some people cried on national television :sistrens:

"privately" when she put it out there for the world to see and profited from it by including it in her documentary. :skull:

• Haha 13

Just now, liam13 said:

privately = in front of the cameras for a heavily promoted netflix documentary :deadbanana4:

give it up deelishis 

• Haha 4

She will get nominated but won't win

4 minutes ago, Burn said:

"privately" when she put it out there for the world to see and profited from it by including it in her documentary. :skull:

4 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

privately = in front of the cameras for a heavily promoted netflix documentary :deadbanana4:

give it up deelishis 

well, still better than random meltdown in front of industry people and audience at a nationally broadcast award show:suburban:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, liam13 said:

well, still better than random meltdown in front of industry people and audience at a nationally broadcast award show:suburban:

where is this 'meltdown' you speak of? please kindly refer me because I genuinely don't know what you're on about :rip:

Nobody stopping bey bagging AOTY this time

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, liam13 said:

tf are you even talking about ?:suburban:

I want her to win AOTY so entire industry can finally boycott Grammys. :gaycat5:

• Like 2

I hope not. 

4 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

tf are you even talking about ?:suburban:

6 minutes ago, Burn said:

where is this 'meltdown' you speak of? please kindly refer me because I genuinely don't know what you're on about :rip:

besides, if taylor could buy her way to win aoty she would've done it for red so be fr.

• Confused 1

If Midnights can win, I don't see any reason why this won't. Especially if 2M debut week is on lock.

Or if they want to avoid backlash, just give it to Ariana..

Edited by Støned

57 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

And what effect did that have on her career? Right

When are yall gonna understand she's immune to "twitter backlash"

i mean she had a had a massive drop from 1989 to Reputation and Lover

She will always have us fans, but the GP can take her down or hurt her sales still

Right now she has everyone on her side based on hype alone.

I hope not 

its already so stupid that someone like Taylor has won 4 times let alone 5

beyonce deserved one since ST but I think Cowboy Carter is gonna win it, its her most acclaimed record and its also country and for a black artist winning that would be huge 

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

besides, if taylor could buy her way to win aoty she would've done it for red so be fr.

That's Jay-Z, not Beyoncé. Two different people with their own views. Women are no longer their husband's possessions, but as a swifty I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Anyway Jay made points with his speech and if you watched the full thing and not just a few seconds of it you'd know he was calling out the academy's racism. But I'm not surprised swiftys are racism deniers. :rip:

• Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, liam13 said:

i have to ask again where exactly is the meltdown you speak of ? especially beyoncé's ? 

10 minutes ago, liam13 said:

seems like she made sure to buy a few extra ones to make up for it :michael:

• Thanks 1

:alexz: I am afraid Beyonce is the wrong color to ever win but the stars are aligning for Grammy darling Billie who of course is the other white blonde lady.... 

Nope. 

It's a monster album commercially but it's not critically acclaimed enough or breaking new ground to justify a back to back win.

The ball is now in Billie's court.

If she is able to put out an album better than HTE then it can be viewed as a comeback and the momentum with her infamous campaigning is the right recipe.

Many who voted Taylor last year will not vote her this year and will vote Billie, Beyonce, Ariana and others.

Beyonce has Kacey and Chris Stapleton as well as losing urban support if a rap or r&b album also is in AOTy.

Billie has Vampire weekend to be worried about but not as much as Beyonce has Kacey, Chris and others.

Because taylor came out with a successful yet not massively acclaimed album more votes will go to her and she already has cross genre support in every group.

Billie's new album better than HTE: Billie > Beyonce > Taylor > Ariana > Vampire Weekend> chris stapleton > Kacey> and others

Billie's new album on par with HTE or worse: Beyonce > Billie > Taylor > Ariana > Vampire Weekend > Chris S > Kacey and others

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.