Is THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT the clear frontrunner for Album of the Year now?

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• liam13

• KatyPrismSpirit

• ScorpiosGroove

• Burn

Well, yes! 

I honestly believe that it is impossible for this album to win APTY because Midnights did this year and because Taylor has a record amount of wins already. Normally I would say yes as its commercial impact will ensure it dominates conversation this year, its reviews are good and trending better now, and Taylor will have another huge year in general - but after the Midnights win I just don't see it as a possibility at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

I honestly believe that it is impossible for this album to win APTY because Midnights did this year and because Taylor has a record amount of wins already. Normally I would say yes as its commercial impact will ensure it dominates conversation this year, its reviews are good and trending better now, and Taylor will have another huge year in general - but after the Midnights win I just don't see it as a possibility at all.

this exact sentiment applied when folklore won AOTY as well. Everybody said she would never get another one but Midnights still won.

• Like 1

Just now, TaggedGalaxy said:

I want it to win for the sole purpose of watching OTH suffer more

:ryan3:

Give Kanye his phone back and twitter password so that he can unleash his "rage" 

:suburban:

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this exact sentiment applied when folklore won AOTY as well. Everybody said she would never get another one but Midnights still won.

To be clear I think she can still win more in the future - it's just the back-to-back part of it that I don't think is doable.

It won't win… but the album is amazing, definitely more deserving than midnights

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

if billie katy and gaga tank yes

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

imagine she wins album of the year and then announces TS12

honestly i think beyonce should win 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i doubt Taylor would win even if she put out the perfect pop album this year

• Like 1

Only if it includes The Anthology tracks. If not, then idk... :ryan3:

That bland and flat mess? Sure if you like vanilla.

• Like 23
  • Thumbs Down 12

Tbh the backlash if Taylor wins a fifth Album of the Year before Beyoncé wins even one Grammy for AOTY will be absolutely insane. I think the hate will be crazy

• Like 5

Most of the aoty winners have been bland artists so yes. The last interesting winner was OutKast and Amy Winehouse..

Edited by sillycilla
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Timeless said:

Only if it includes The Anthology tracks. If not, then idk... :ryan3:

She will probably not even submit the anthology tbh.

I see her doing:

TTPD: AOTY, best pop vocal album

Fortnight: ROTY, SOTY, BPDGP, Music Video

Down Bad (if it takes off): BPSP

The narrative with #that award becomes more laughable every year, it would almost be better for her if she didn't win so she can at least hold on to any semblance of prestige the previous ones have

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Tbh the backlash if Taylor wins a fifth Album of the Year before Beyoncé wins even one Grammy for AOTY will be absolutely insane. I think the hate will be crazy

that already happened with midnights and you know the rest

• Like 1

I think Bey will get it - and I honestly want her to even though I much, much prefer TTPD to Cowboy Carter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, liam13 said:

that already happened with midnights and you know the rest

Midnights was better than this album tho:coffee: And 2023 was Taylor's year. Pop culturally, musically, touring wise. Winning AOTY for Midnights was always a given (the only real competition was SZA and SOS isnt "grammy material" music)

I think Taylor might have a very hard time beating Beyoncé and Billie. 

No, they won't let her take AOTY second time in a row

It's going to be between Beyonce, Billie or Ariana

• Like 1

JohnWayneHolland

If we're talking about it DESERVING the award then no.

But it's the Scammys, they very rarely award the actual best album of the year, so I guess it's possible.

stephm.png

• Like 5

Not with Girl with no face being released this year. The difference in quality between the two albums is clear, in that Taylor's album has none. Stop sleeping on Allie X.

https://spotify.link/G4mkwr1BYIb

Edited by Edit0rz
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.