Do you consider The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology, Taylor's 12th album?

Monday Night Messiah

Some people say "no" because it has the same title.

But that's not the case for The Fame Monster (officially counted as Gaga's second album), The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2 (which Justin Timberlake also combined with the first set as The Complete Edition), Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II (which were also combined in one album).

Why is The Anthology any different? Especially when the Dessner-heavy set is so different from bland Antonoff side.

I sort of do. I won't really consider it TS12, as I know that she won't, and because I know she won't call her next album TS13, but I do think it's different enough from the standard edition to consider it a distinct body of work. It occupies a really weird liminal space as a result of that where it both has its own identity and doesn't.

• Like 3

I'm so happy I no longer use Last.fm. I would be thinking about sh*t like this for the entire workday. :deadbanana2: 

• Haha 13

I'd say it's a companion album to go beside the 11th album

No, TS11 is a double album. 

• Like 3

No, sweetie. But we do love the Justin Timberlake mention :clap3:

Edited by Tudors

no lol its gonna be treated more as a deluxe.

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

it’s called a double album and many artists have released them (Miranda Lambert - The Weight of These Wings, Shania Twain - Up!). What I think makes the album different from the others you mentioned is that they were released on the same day, instead of separate times

No because it wasn't released as such. If she wanted to she could've waited a few months and released a second album with the anthology songs but she didn't

• ATRL Moderator

No, TTPD Anthology is the complete version of her 11th studio album, one double album with 31 tracks on it. It was always secretly a double album that she released the first part to first. If the artist means for it two be two separate albums, they package and market them as two different albums which is not the case here. The "standard edition" is just the first half of this album. 

• Like 4

No, it's the deluxe. 

No it feels like a b side or a repackaged midnights 3am edition. 

No, the full project is pretty standard length for a Taylor album :thing:

She literally called it a double ✌️ album, so it's still TS11.

• Like 1

Isn't this double album (counting as 1 album) her 15th studio album?

2006 - TS

2008 - Fearless

2010 - Speak Now

2012 - Red

2014 - 1989

2017 - Repuation

2019 - Lover

2020 - Folklore

2020 - Evermore

2021 - Fearless TV

2021 - Red TV

2022 - Midnights

2023 - Speak Now TV

2023 - 1989 TV

2024 - Tortured

Most TVs have 10+ new songs on them... (and are not combined by BB).

No. Double albums are two discs, one album.

It's a double album.

It's packaged as a double album together. The Anthology is not a separate album, unlike The Fame Monster which has entirely different aesthetics and was packaged separately and as a bonus disc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.