More remembered: Born This Way or Prism?

Aethereal

Which one of those two albums is more iconic?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Born This Way or Prism?

1 hour ago, Aethereal said:

BTW got a recent TikTok hit and it was officially released (it received playlisting, promo and autoplay like other singles do) and it fell behind Prism in daily streams?  Wouldn't that argument be more in Prism's favour? 

what if we look at the streams spread across the album, i'd expect BTW would have healthier streams across all of its songs which means it's remembered and used more as an album compared to people just streaming the singles from prism :celestial5: but i'll wait for the numbers

• Thanks 1

Born This Way was the defining album in pop in the 2010s, imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Born This Way and Prism sweetie

KQXgE6Q.thumb.png.cbca398caa1f2343ae9afa

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

what if we look at the streams spread across the album, i'd expect BTW would have healthier streams across all of its songs which means it's remembered and used more as an album compared to people just streaming the singles from prism :celestial5: but i'll wait for the numbers

Born This Way got saved by TikTok. It's streams were really bad before 2021/22.

Prism - 3,978,349,041

Born This Way - 2,585,295,134

Bangerz - 2,740,622,362

However it is a very experimental album so I can understand why it was left out compared to Loud and Prism which are typically generic songs that GP eats up. I enjoy Bloody Mary more than anything in Prism. 

Edited by Aethereal
  • Thumbs Down 1

Prism gets more streams daily but I'd wager that BTW has a much average daily streams per track which would be a more accurate measure. Like nobody is saying Tones and I's album is remembered just because Dance Monkey still gets streams :skull: 

• Like 1

Bloody Mary was literally just a hit

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

I know the monsters don't like facts but that's your answer 

A quick breakdown would show you that the vast majority of Prism's streams are coming from Roar, Dark Horse and Unconditionally. On the other hand, BTW's three top streamed songs(Judas, Bloody Mary and BTW) are only providing a little over half of its streams. At the very least, it shows that Prism's singles are more remembered but BTW is the more remembered album. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Born This Way got saved by TikTok. It's streams were really bad before 2021/22.

Prism - 3,978,349,041

Born This Way - 2,585,295,134

Bangerz - 2,740,622,362

However it is a very experimental album so I can understand why it was left out compared to Loud and Prism which are typically generic songs that GP eats up. I enjoy Bloody Mary more than anything in Prism. 

tiktok saved and made all of our faves atp

ezgif-3-7485797c74.thumb.gif.7ce9f334493bab3fee7cb2a461ed964e.gif

Born This Way, clearly. It got repackaged and had that post-era hit with Bloody Mary.

Edited by The7thStranger

Just now, RideOrDie said:

tiktok saved and made all of our faves atp

Born To Die was still charting in B200 before Tik Tok and it peaked this week in streams after having the entire catalog off Tik Tok. 

And there are also those nearly 200,000 vinyl sales last year in US.

Born To Die is the album you guys wish Born This Way would be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Digitalism said:

I know the monsters don't like facts but that's your answer 

I'm sure the facts would show Katy destroys Britney's forgotten singles on Spotify, but you'd still argue that Britney is the bigger hitmaker.

Prism was an era that marked the beginning of the streaming era and it ended in 2015 vs. one from the digital era. Therefore, the less than 100k stream difference between two albums  doesn't cut it in showing which one is more remembered overall.

11 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Born To Die was still charting in B200 before Tik Tok and it peaked this week in streams after having the entire catalog off Tik Tok. 

And there are also those nearly 200,000 vinyl sales last year in US.

Born To Die is the album you guys wish Born This Way would be. 

both of those albums are gigantic smashes, culture shifting masterpieces :ryan3:

• Thanks 1

Need "Yoü and I" to go viral or pick up some streams cuz 60k is criminal :rip:

OT: The album that had that ear condom lyric :clap3:

None is remembered as whole albums. Roar and Dark Horse however are more remembered than the singles of BTW.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.