is "Clara Bow" about Olivia Rodrigo?

keatonzee

I've been listening to "The Tortured Poets Department" and i've heard people say that the last verse in "Clara Bow" is about Olivia. so I want to know what you guys think?

"You look like Taylor Swift

In this light, we're loving it

You've got edge, she never did

The future's bright, dazzling"

People were saying Sabrina but it seems absurd she'd write an entire song given their relatively featureless dynamic tbh. The Olivia tea makes more sense. 

It's about Ava Max

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Yes.

It's about Kim Petras

I don't think so.

This is actually the only song's lyrics I read as I am a fan of Clara Bow (and was reading to make sure the references to her were correct/not objectifying her, only to find only ONE reference of her in the entire song lol, but that's another story).

I interpreted this line as just Taylor aligning herself with Clara and Stevie as the next generation of an archetype others will be compared to. The lines show that while she can be held up as this symbol of success or beauty, the person comparing will also add in their own little shade and unnecessary comparative remarks (having more edge than her). I suppose Olivia fits into that, as she's come after her and has been compared to her (and some people then rate them against each other) but it doesn't feel like it's aimed at Olivia alone, at all, unless I'm missing some words here that have meaning to their situation.

It just feels like a way to wrap up the song from the far past, the near past and then the present/future.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 6

It's about Gayle

Clearly about Carly Rae Jepsen. She's doing Taylor's sound but better and Taylor isn't having it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hawx23 said:

People were saying Sabrina but it seems absurd she'd write an entire song given their relatively featureless dynamic tbh. The Olivia tea makes more sense. 

And also Sabrina does not have edge.

• Haha 2

Also:

Stevie Nicks is famously GOAT Rock and Roll - more Olivia's kind of music than any other famous pop girl right now 

This is her from 1977, Wiki photo. Olivia vibes tbh  spacer.png

Edited by hawx23

Olivia neither looks like Taylor nor has "edge" so not sure how she fits the narrative 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Olivia neither looks like Taylor nor has "edge" so not sure how she fits the narrative 

"In this light"

Just now, hawx23 said:

"In this light"

In any light 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Meaning under the spotlight, the arena light, I don't know. I'm pretty sure TS of all people does not mean hey this girl literally physically looks like me. 

• Like 1

It's about Jelena Karleusa

You look like Taylor Swift
In this light, we're lovin' it
You've got edge, she never did
The future's bright, dazzling

chase.gif

26 minutes ago, swissman said:

I don't think so.

This is actually the only song's lyrics I read as I am a fan of Clara Bow (and was reading to make sure the references to her were correct/not objectifying her, only to find only ONE reference of her in the entire song lol, but that's another story).

I interpreted this line as just Taylor aligning herself with Clara and Stevie as the next generation of an archetype others will be compared to. The lines show that while she can be held up as this symbol of success or beauty, the person comparing will also add in their own little shade and unnecessary comparative remarks (having more edge than her). I suppose Olivia fits into that, as she's come after her and has been compared to her (and some people then rate them against each other) but it doesn't feel like it's aimed at Olivia alone, at all, unless I'm missing some words here that have meaning to their situation.

It just feels like a way to wrap up the song from the far past, the near past and then the present/future.

That's exactly how I interpreted it

clara bow is about taylor swift

It sounds like it's about Taylor herself.

Edited by Jude

This can only be about jojo siwa look alike and same music 

• Like 1

It's about Jojo. She's mad Jojo wrote a song called Karma avout her ex

It's clearly about Becky…with the good hair.

56 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

This can only be about jojo siwa look alike and same music 

This. They're both average looking women, both non vocalists, both cater to children. :thing:

Clara Bow

OR

yes :eli: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.