Has Taylor become "too big to fail"?

gr33dy4Ari

At this point, does the quality of the music she puts out even matter? Whether it's good or bad, people will still buy her records / stream her albums.

Does atrl agree? Discuss.

Edited by gr33dy4Ari

She released ME!, YNTCD and The Man as singles in the same era and lived to tell the story. She's been too big to fail for years now. :dies:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 4

Rolling Stone immediately called this release "an instant classic." We all know that's not true.

GLhgvTBWcAMqtHx?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

If she keeps working with jack, she'll fail. She needs to change and reinvent herself.

But The Tortured Poets Department is a fan favorite, it is a GREAT album. 

She still may sell records but people will get tired. Taylor Swift is sorta respected at the moment but if she doesn't reinvent then she will be looked at in a completely different light. She needs a break and come up with better ideas and concepts that is not so reliant on relationship and don't release until she has found herself or is fully comfortable in her skin tbh. I say that with sincerity.

Nobody is too big to fail. Taylor's advantage is that she puts out at least decent music each time she drops and is consistent. Her work ethic = the output of her success and nobody can convince me otherwise

1 minute ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

She needs a break and come up with better ideas and concepts that is not so reliant on relationship and don't release until she has found herself or is fully comfortable in her skin tbh. I say that with sincerity.

That was folklore. And it was amazing 

• Thanks 3

You guys are really getting comfortable with making these ridiculous threads, your favs wish they make quality tracks like The Prophecy, How Did It End etc.

• Like 3

No. Her downfall will come. Trust that.

No celebrity is immune from a downfall, especially when you reach Taylor's level of fame - it's like a ticking time bomb.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, gr33dy4Ari said:

At this point, does the quality of the music she puts out even matter? Whether it's good or bad, people will still buy her records / stream her albums.

Does atrl agree? Discuss.

I would change this to "her fans will always buy her record"

and the answer is "yes"

If she remains in her lane, yes.

But if she completely switched it up and released something controversial she would start to decline. Like do you think she could release a super raunchy song and smash?

She will never have the dramatic fall everyone's wishing for. Not in the streaming era where your entire catalog is consumed at any given time. She'll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Cheers said:

But if she completely switched it up and released something controversial she would start to decline. Like do you think she could release a super raunchy song and smash?

She should take it gradually. Release the normal Taylor Swift fare, but add a few (maybe 4) songs that are new territories for her.

Then expand on that little by little until her fanbase is used to her experimentation.

7 minutes ago, Burn said:

No. Her downfall will come. Trust that.

No celebrity is immune from a downfall, especially when you reach Taylor's level of fame - it's like a ticking time bomb.

It must be on a pretty long clock if she's just now peaking 18 years in.

2 hours ago, Cheers said:

That's not what we mean when we say to switch up her sound. It's sad how it always turns into this. We want her to dive in different genres such as soft rock and also talk about different things on her songs other than ex boyfriends. There is so much more to talk about. Folklore/Evermore was the right different but she needed to go more explosive for next album. Folklore/Evermore was soft albums and then she should have hit with an explosive hard hitting  album rather than Midnights.

No and I will make sure of that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

That's not what we mean when we say to switch up her sound.

Yea but this is in response to "is she too big to fail". 

She will decline in a matter of time but it isn't the decline which ATRL always expects from a pop act, her fame will stabilize at some point when her sales will start to sink in, however, i think it will be different due to her fanbase loyalty. We can compare to those Japanese acts that still sell a lot even though they ain't new for new audiences

Edited by Villas

Yeah

She's also too comfortable and not trying too hard with the quality 

She needs to flop to serve another Folklore/Evermore/Red

The reason Taylor is here because she's safe, the rare time she took a risk was with reputation and it was her least acclaimed album and an « underperformance » compared to 1989. 

i think she has been for a while, even her flop album that was preceded by bad single choices sold like 800k first week in the US and those singles still got to #2. she has a grip on young women unlike any other artist and those of us who aren't swifties simply have to hold that

She's currently the biggest she'll ever be because she is on tour, is releasing frequently and is doing her re-recordings. Once she's finished her re-recordings, the tour is over and she's not dropping music as frequently there will be less to sustain her momentum and I cannot wait for when that happens

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

That's not what we mean when we say to switch up her sound. It's sad how it always turns into this. We want her to dive in different genres such as soft rock and also talk about different things on her songs other than ex boyfriends. There is so much more to talk about. Folklore/Evermore was the right different but she needed to go more explosive for next album. Folklore/Evermore was soft albums and then she should have hit with an explosive hard hitting  album rather than Midnights.

I have no interest in her discussing other subjects when she's this damn good at it. I really really don't need or want her American Life

guess we need the EU to do something about it

nobody is too big, her downfall will happen when everyone least expect it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.