Let's discuss Mariah's Vegas residency

BryceG

Do you expect better from Mariah and/or at these premium ticket prices?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect better from Mariah and/or at these premium ticket prices?

Shady post with 1.6M views aside, do you expect better production values and live vocals from a Mariah Carey Vegas residency where tickets cost upwards of $1,400?

season mariah GIF

she could stand completely still and it would be whatever, there is NO excuse for the high school talent show staging though :rip:

• Like 1

i would pay to see mariah > adele residency

adele gives the same low energy performance and no one bats an eye at that.

Mariah is a vocalista, not a dancer 

JsQ99unUKNfHmLxaCv.gif

• Haha 1

No.  Her catalogue is unparalleled.  Just give us them hits.

ngl I saw Mariah in vegas several years ago and it was meh indeed....

I went the second night. I'm a very long time fan so I knew exactly what I was getting so I just crossed it off my bucket list. :lmao: 

It's not acceptable at all but I've always wanted to see her and it just happened to line up that that particular date had floor seats for relatively cheap. :toofunny3:

I mean, if you go to a Mariah concert, that's where your expectations needs to be...

Her walking from side to side, being a diva and being carried over by the dancers :gaycat2:

Just now, javieraloud said:

carried over by the dancers

Her dancers and staging all look **** though. 

it looks like a rehearsal  :suburban:

would still go though :suburban:

• Haha 2

anyone that knows mariah knows she's actually operating at her maximum capacity in this video, so much movement wow, it was hard to keep track of her 

:suburban: 

• Haha 2

Not you still trying it after your other thread was closed :suburban:

Alexa play Obsessed :hippo:

• Haha 4

I wanna see Mariah once in my lifetime, looked at the show yesterday and Jesus… :rip:

It's giving typical Mariah 

As a fan, I'm aware of her abilities and know what to expect if I go see her perform live.

My only complaint though is her lack of energy, it's like she was forced to be on stage... :rip:

She's like the same age as Gwen Stefani and Gwen is giving her all in Coachella. It's night and day compared to Mariah. 

that video doesn't do justice to the production value though, there's actual effort and budget, especially compared to Janet 

Mariah does so well. Moving, singing, awesome. 

People who judge an entire show by that one clip in the OP are not the brightest candles on the cake.

If ticket prices are really that expensive... this 16 dates residency might as well make another $30 million for her. 

Together with her Xmas tour from 5 months ago... Queen will have collected $60 million from 32 shows. 

We all know she doesn't have stage presence and it was ok because she used to be a vocalist but now no stage presence, no live vocals, I mean not even the hair is real.:gayriahcat2:

Most people that go to see her are there because she's a household name. Like I did not care for her performance abilities when I saw her at her Caution tour. She's like a bucket list artist for me to check off. :rip:

I saw her live in 2014 and she gave LIVE VOCALS. The audience wouldn't stop cheering. 

Now this Vegas residency, hmm, Mariah needs to step up.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to your show here in Brazil, and nothing will change that

Witnessing one of the greatest voices and an immeasurable catalog of hits is a unique opportunity.

Now that she dances I think Jlo would be OK with seeing her show

jlo-mariah-shade-gif.gif?id=32826643&wid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.